Asus P5N32Sli - E Mobo

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Just got one of these Mobo's and had some memory issues. I know the Nvidia 680i chipset is a bit picky with regards to RAM latency. I started with 2Gb Twin Corsair set of 6400 but PC was unusable it was so unstable. Exchanged the RAM today for 2 x twin sets of 8500C5 (spec sheet below):

http://www.corsair.com/_datasheets/TWIN2X2048-8500C5DF.pdf

Anyone else have same mobo, if so what ram setup do you have in it?

Processor Q6600
Graphx 8800GTS x 2 Sli
Imation DVD Writer
2 x 80 Gb Raided SATA drives c:
2 x 250 Gb Raided SATA drives d:
900 W PSU

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I have a similar setup, and the only thing I can say is to make absolutely sure that your ram is running at the specced voltage for it's set speed, or as close as you can get it or there will be problems galore, especially when overclocking the Q6600 (which is both easy and desireable imo).

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Make sure you have the latest BIOS.
The Asus boards are actually very good at picking the correct RAM settings when you leave it on AUTO.
The only thing I changed was set it to 2.1V manually (and only because I started to OC)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
With the new RAM its working nice and tried some overclocking - very easy and stable.

Only problem I've encountered is with Vista 64 where twice over last week the PC hangs on power up with msg 'Bootmgr is missing'. Each time I have to use the Vista CD to carry out a repair. checked the disk over - no problems, wierd!

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
it's prolly a Vista feature mate :/ my V64 worked perfectly but now I'm starting to experience random things like the system failing to recover after sleep and that kind of stuff :/

Embattle

FH is my second home
I have this mobo, I've 2gigs of OCZ 7600 Gold edition installed and working fine. While I would advise upgrading to the newer BIOS I wouldn't get the beta 1403 as this seems problematic, still the best BIOS update for this board is 1203.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I have this mobo, I've 2gigs of OCZ 7600 Gold edition installed and working fine. While I would advise upgrading to the newer BIOS I wouldn't get the beta 1403 as this seems problematic, still the best BIOS update for this board is 1203.

Cheers, downloaded will install tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom