assassin's creed

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Never trust GS reviews when they have the game they are reviewing plastered all over the front page of their website. They are always over-rated. It happened with World in Conflict, has happened with other games, and looks like it's happened with this game too. GS reviews aren't to be trusted anyway, they are generally hit & miss. One of them will be spot-on, and another will be complete bullshit. I prefer IGN, but they aren't much better.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
was looking at reviews for ascores etc, just looking to see what the differances from ps3/360s are some sites are saying ps3 slightly better others saying 360,
same with load times some say 360 takes a while some say 360

and then there are sites which have preety much given the game away with the story:/

Aada

Part of the furniture
was looking at reviews for ascores etc, just looking to see what the differances from ps3/360s are some sites are saying ps3 slightly better others saying 360,
same with load times some say 360 takes a while some say 360

and then there are sites which have preety much given the game away with the story:/

PS3 differences? better framerate

360 differences? Slightly better textures/contrast etc

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Im always trusting eurogamer, but the GT videos does give a good view of how the games are. Just dont put too much weight on the score :)

Yaka

Part of the furniture
http://www.destructoid.com/ign-modi...fter-destructoid-s-report-update--54072.phtml

im not putting anything into the score, just miffed that none of the popular sites are coming clean in a side by side comparions this the first multi platform "next gen" game and there a fair few people wondering why ign,eg,gs etc have side stepped this. eg from time to time do a ps3 v360 comparison so why did they miss this out in the review?

not gonna stop me from buying the game sevral game sites need to sort their shit out

Litmus

Resident Freddy
Got it today, played it for about 2/3 hours and it looks oka... kinda slow start though.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
button masher and its only one button at that, but fun to play, prety to look at, bout half the game they were touting. i am enjoying playing this but clambering up towers to synch is getting boring after the 3rd time.

i hope this game supports dual shock 3 on ps3, mines due some time in the enxt 7 days and this game needs it so much

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Bought it the weekend and I am loving it (360 version), i've ignored alot of the hype about the game and bought it cause I was food shopping in morrisons and they ran out of Super Mario Galaxy.

I am finding it so addictive, just can't put it down, I did notice a slight glitch in Jerusalum (sry so) the frame rate drops around the assassins bureau. Liking the combat bit button bash, until later when it becomes more fluid as you gain new abilties. The horse riding is very decent, the only gripe I have is travelling through the Kingdom and though you can bypass it later in the game, you need to go back and collect flags and kill knights and the soldiers jump on you every couple of secs which gets very annoying after a while, but generally I would say its worth a purchase.

Stimpy

Fledgling Freddie

I saw that they are suing somethingawful for posting that on there forums or have sent them a cease and decist, something like that :)

Anyway onto the game I'm really enjoying it so far up to the 4th assassination, the new abilities you get as you progress are nice, the comment about it just being a 1 button masher make no sense to me if you did that in a fight you'd just die, for anyone with a PS3 & 360 still considering whether to buy it or not get the 360 version having played both it has less tearing and a better framerate especially when bounding over the rooftops where on the PS3 I noticed quite a bit of slowdown, anyway I'd recommend it.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
This or CoD4? (yeah, its probably stupid of me to ask in a AC thread :p )

Litmus

Resident Freddy
kinda repetative game.

1) get the mission
2) goto the city
3) eavs drop on someone
4) pick pocket someone
5) defend a citizen
6) kill main guy
7) rinse and repeat x10

Yaka

Part of the furniture
This or CoD4? (yeah, its probably stupid of me to ask in a AC thread :p )

cod 4, Ac is fun, i like it but by no means is it the game they were promising to deliver, combat is just so easy. the assination missions are easy, it all looks very nice and stuff but im suprised not many peeps are moaning about this game like there were with heavenly sword which by comparison is better and harder game.
do like starman and rent this or skip it and get mass effect which is looking to be just:eek2:

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Creed has made my ps3 crash 3 times so far. they need to patch it up, As consoles get closer to pc's so they inherit PC gamings flaws.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
mine crashed once on the first day when doing te dive in damascus, new fw should fix and addd matoska and divx play back:)

Yaka

Part of the furniture
spoke too soon, i had after installing the lastest fw 5 crashes,

all 5 were while i was on me way to jerusalam after compleating acre

2 the bloke would sorta get stuck in one spot doing walking animations, other times its mid dive/jump

Opt1

Fledgling Freddie
Weird. :S

Is it since the new firmware updates then? Or was it happening before too?

Admittedly more problems will arise as they become more advanced, but as every console is identical in hardware and software terms, they really shouldn't be crashing or getting bugs with games half as much as PCs =/ ..Yet they seem to much more.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
everyone was reporting problems on 2.0

mine has began to happen since yesterday and 2.0.1 update

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Happened for me pre 2.0 and both updates since. It's a game flaw, not the firmware as far as I can see.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
On 5th assasination and spent hours getting all templars and flags so far and not a single crash on 360. So seems crashing problem just a PS3 thing or im just lucky.

Aada

Part of the furniture
On 5th assasination and spent hours getting all templars and flags so far and not a single crash on 360. So seems crashing problem just a PS3 thing or im just lucky.

Same here, must be a really annoying crash too because you can't save anywhere ;/

JBP|

Part of the furniture
My game crashed once, luckily it was when the training area at the beginning was being loaded so i wasn't really inconvenienced by it.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
If you want a good informative review of the game then check out Gabe's Post on Penny Arcade. He makes a good point of showing why reviewers with "deadlines" to meet may not find the fun in the game.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Same here, must be a really annoying crash too because you can't save anywhere ;/

Don't know about the 360 version, but the ps3 one saves everytime you enter a new area, or complete an objective of any type (including flags). So I have not had to redo anything because of crashing so far. The crashes just freeze the console and it needs a hard reboot, dodgy coding!

nath

Fledgling Freddie
If you want a good informative review of the game then check out Gabe's Post on Penny Arcade. He makes a good point of showing why reviewers with "deadlines" to meet may not find the fun in the game.

Penny Arcade said:

Good God what a dick :). Good review though, I shall now get this on x360 rather than wait for the PC version.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Don't know about the 360 version, but the ps3 one saves everytime you enter a new area, or complete an objective of any type (including flags). So I have not had to redo anything because of crashing so far. The crashes just freeze the console and it needs a hard reboot, dodgy coding!

360 version doesn't crash i was having giving out some sympathy to the PS3 owners.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
well, think i may have found the prob, last night iw as playing i had the charge cable in the usb slot to charg eme dual shock3, i played a bit before the negland game and i had 1 crash, after the game i pld again with the charge cable and i usffered no crases,

in between jurausalem, acre and damascuss there are some high places some houses with cliffs that have 2 or 3 slabs that are platforms you can get with the horse, leave it there and watch it jump and kill the crowd below

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
360 version doesn't crash i was having giving out some sympathy to the PS3 owners.

I was pointing out that the ps3 version saves very often, so although annoying, it's not affected gameplay. You said you can't save anywhere, and thats what i was questioning about the 360 version, nothing else.

Opt1

Fledgling Freddie
I was pointing out that the ps3 version saves very often, so although annoying, it's not affected gameplay. You said you can't save anywhere, and thats what i was questioning about the 360 version, nothing else.

Its the same with the 360.

Its a little annoying on the assassinations though.. I'd quite like to be able to replay them and try to take them down them better.

Just done my second (the doc in acre) and have been spotted before I could take the target down both times, so am forced into sword fighting :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom