Asking for a Poll

I

Ialkarn

I wonder if it is possible make a poll to know what ppl think about TIlda as moderator.

I tought something like: do you like to have a moderator like Tilda?

yes
no
I don't care.

Edited:the reason it's cause I think this person using his status of moderator to get some credibility in a comunity he tryed (trying?)to cheat.

D

Draylor

AFAIK only mods can start polls on these forums.

Since Tilda is the only moderator that seems to read this particular forum (unless directed to a particular thread via the "report this post" interface) the chances of this being created are highly unlikely :p

I

Ialkarn

Yes I guess polls are used only for his personal affairs :),like promote himself as new Sidi leader.

B

bob007

I would seek advice from 1 of the higher type mods, Get some advice on the subject and also Close any thread fast that you start, when they turn to whine.

The BW/.Game staff won't listen if it just looks like somebody has a grevance(sp?) with the mod, But if you take care and becarefull what you say post. I see no reason why they won't listen and act if they need to.

Pin for mod :)

B

bob007

P.S, I wouldn't go the "tilda is a bad mod" route either. At the end of the day He isn't any worse or better then the others He just more vocal. I would head towards a bad representative (sp?) of the comunity and as excal/alb player. This will be you best options to go for.

Also no offence m8, But the post above = wrong path, Your feeding someone you want out, amunition to stay.

K

Kagato.

one mods as good or bad as another, and who'll take over anyway.

C

Coim-

Repetitive. One thread closes... another one's opened. He's an OK mod, certainly nothing more, but really... 3 or 4 threads now about him. Getting old. :eek:

I

Ialkarn

Originally posted by Coim-
Repetitive. One thread closes... another one's opened. He's an OK mod, certainly nothing more, but really... 3 or 4 threads now about him. Getting old. :eek:

if you dont like them you are free to post somewhere else.

C

Coim-

Originally posted by Ialkarn
if you dont like them you are free to post somewhere else.
Just making a point. Do you really think any of this is actually helping in any way? Stuff like this has been tried before and failed miserably because on BW, mods > all.

I

Ialkarn

Just making a point. Do you really think any of this is actually helping in any way?

I got aloot of free time to spare ;)

C

Coim-

I got aloot of free time to spare ;)
Well... do your worst then. Just be careful this doesn't start into a massive uber flame thread otherwise you'll probably get banned. I would show you what happened last time... but all the threads have been deleted. <curses mods, my moment of glory and you deleted it!>

I

Ialkarn

Well... do your worst then. Just be careful this doesn't start into a massive uber flame thread otherwise you'll probably get banned.

Banned cause what? cause I can't stand someone who tryed to cheat the comunity is tring to get a position of trust,or cause this person use his role of moderator to get this position?

Or maybe being a moderator give him a sorta of religious immunity against every criticism?

C

Coim-

Well...I thought Tilda was a bad mod. I openly expressed this, and was then warned by another mod (Brinx) that if I didn't stop I'd be banned.
Edit - Actually, I think every mod warned me. Brinx, Damini and Belsameth. :eek:

R

rayzor_e_w

Edited:the reason it's cause I think this person using his status of moderator to get some credibility in a comunity he tryed (trying?)to cheat.

and that is why he shouldn't be mod imho.

D

Damini

Or maybe being a moderator give him a sorta of religious immunity against every criticism?

I hardly think this is true. Being a moderator has attracted far more criticism to Tilda than if he was just Joe Average in the community, and because he is a moderator we allow these threads to continue to give the community voice, rather than closing them to protect the person as we would do in any normal situation. If these forums were used to crucify any other player as much as they are to Tilda, you know something would be done about it. Tilda is not afforded any protection by his role, far from it.

If Coim's threads were deleted before (and I certainly don't recall chastising him) it was more likely because they were just done to make noise, clash saucepans together and make a scene rather than to seriously convey any opinion across.

I don't condone Tilda's behaviour in game, but what do you expect us to do? Oh, sorry Tilda, you've helped maintain these forums for months and months now, taken on a thankless task and god knows how much abuse, put in hours of your own time, but you made a mistake in game which you have owned up to, apologised for, and your reputation has been tarnished by this and you've braved flame after flame for it, so now we're going to drag you outside and give you a kicking too? Oh, and btw, we've helped set up a poll to slag you off :)

I'm glad I don't play DAoC anymore, because you guys would tear me from limb to limb :( Much as I enjoyed playing the game, I was damned awful at it. I'd get whole groups wiped out in a flash, wander in the wrong direction and cast all the wrong spells at the wrong time, and I'm sure this place would be riddled with threads - DON'T GROUP WITH DAMINI - SHE'LL GET YOU KILLED and DAMINI MURDERED MY GUILD! I'm scared to play any new MMORPG under this name incase I screw up and wipe out an entire orphanage and you guys find out. It's not easy being a mod to a large community like this, and if you aren't a saint people will pick up on this in a flash. Tilda made a mistake in game, and no it wasn't a mistake in the sense of "Left or right? Left.... Aaaargh" it was a mistake of judgement and a mistake of morals, and I believe that the flames and damage to reputation he has recieved is more than in proportion to what he did, and I see no need for us mods to cut off our noses to spite our faces too. Tilda has been a good and helpful mod to us, and I don't see that realistically compromised by this event.

This is my opinion, and I'm writing from my perspective, so don't assume I'm putting words in the other mod's mouths.

C

Coim-

Originally posted by Damini
If Coim's threads were deleted before (and I certainly don't recall chastising him) it was more likely because they were just done to make noise, clash saucepans together and make a scene rather than to seriously convey any opinion across.
I was actually trying to convey a serious point. Admittedly it got a little out of control... but still, I actually wanted something to be done about it and I was pretty serious. Like...serious. Anyways, I let it go in the end. Thought about it, and realised I wasn't going to get anywhere.

E

Ekydus

OK. How about:

"Tilda - You are meant to be a representitive and are meant to maintain order. You are here to keep the rules in order and are a keeper of good judgement. Your actions ingame prove that you are not a good representitive of this and as of such we have to let you go."

You missed the point Damini.

B

Belsameth

*stands next to Damini*

Damini is far better with words then I am, so I won't say more then that I fully agree with her.

E

Ekydus

Originally posted by Belsameth
*stands next to Damini*

Damini is far better with words then I am, so I won't say more then that I fully agree with her.
You're wrong then.

Look... Tilda is allowed to get away with being an asshole to everyone. I guess I can too!
Watch this!

C

Coim-

If I recall, this is what happened last time. All the mods came to Tilda's aid. :p

E

Ekydus

If I recall, this is what happened last time. All the mods came to Tilda's aid. :p
He's meant to moderate the people. If the people don't want him it's not exactly going to work is it.

Make the damn poll and let us decide for this ourselves.

C

Coim-

Tbh, it's not just a grudge against the mods or anything either. All the other mods do a pretty good job. Brinx is sometimes a little harsh, but overall he's a good, fair mod. It's just Tilda's behaviour sometimes. Ok moderating at one time, then suddenly it all changes and he makes some stupid decision or decides to leave things which obviously should be deleted. Oh well. I don't think this is really going anywhere except another 11 page flame/spam thread. :eek:

D

Damini

Originally posted by Ekydus
OK. How about:

"Tilda - You are meant to be a representitive and are meant to maintain order. You are here to keep the rules in order and are a keeper of good judgement. Your actions ingame prove that you are not a good representitive of this and as of such we have to let you go."

You missed the point Damini.

I didn't miss the point. Tilda is not a griefer ingame, he is not a serial cheat, this mistake is in isolation, is it not? I don't believe in damning anyone on the basis of one mistake in game. I understand why people are pissed off, but I don't see why we should force someone to resign from a voluntary post that involves a hell of a lot of hard work, time and grief because of that error. It's not like we're feeding Tilda grapes, fanning him and getting him massages from topless models here. It's a horrid, thankless task and not some joyous wonder job.

E

Ekydus

We make a point, a valid point, hell Tilda brought this on himself and what happens?

He hides behind the other mods and hopes it will go away. So what if he closed threads instead of posting in them during the time his account has been active, he did something that betrayed everyone's trust, he has to accept the concequences.

BTW: Thank you, you nice Moderators for deleting my post just a bit further up making a point about what we should be allowed to do.
You keeping Tilda a Moderator is a massive contradictory statement apon everyone. If he can get away with stealing why can't we get away with posting +1 in every thread?

E

Ekydus

Originally posted by Damini
I didn't miss the point. Tilda is not a griefer ingame, he is not a serial cheat, this mistake is in isolation, is it not? I don't believe in damning anyone on the basis of one mistake in game. I understand why people are pissed off, but I don't see why we should force someone to resign from a voluntary post that involves a hell of a lot of hard work, time and grief because of that error. It's not like we're feeding Tilda grapes, fanning him and getting him massages from topless models here. It's a horrid, thankless task and not some joyous wonder job.
If that is the case how come so many people wouldn't mind taking the spot?

We'd much rather see someone we respect in the position then someone who betrayed our trust as a community. We'd listen to them far more then we listen to anyone else.

D

Damini

If you have a problem with a violation of GOA's CoC, you contact GOA and they act on it. If you violate BW's CoC you contact us. I can't ban GOA's accounts, they can't ban BW accounts, so we each maintain our own rules. If you +1 here, you get it edited. If you want to +1, go into game, and /g +1 and I'll not intervene.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom