Artifact images

Y

Yussef

BandofStars.jpg

bos.jpg

S

Spinky

Forgive my ignorance, lets say them things are dropped on large scale raids, how are they supposed to be distributed among anyone who attended and won the roll? :eek:

Y

Yussef

Everyone can gain them, quested, but hard to get until the walkthroughs are out :p

V

Validus

they arent gained in raids they are created with 3 different scrolls and an item which you recieve from quests i think

A

Archeon

Like the way the item gains XP, i mean tbh that 1st screenie isn't anything too special. But nice that if you put the time into it you can end up with somthing like the second... Still can imagine the whines

"I don't wanna go farm the albiiiiiis, my artifact only lvls up at night."

"Aww come on guys, lets leave them alone till Night-time"

"I'm bored, anyone wanna play tic-tac-to while we wait for Night-time?"

:rolleyes:

Wonder how long it takes to get it up to that? Oh well, all in good time (Personally i'm gonna try and not read the spoilers for the Trails)

O

old.linnet

Wonder how long it'll take before people are asking for their swords to be PLed :)

But for all that ... it looks great, dammit. I'll be back for ToA.

O

old.Emma

Judging by the ammount of xp she has in the final screenshot if that was started from 0 and she has .3 of a bub at the items current level i doubt it actually would take that long to get the items to there max potential.

S

Sarnat

Uhh, I don't get what you are trying to say? I cant see any item exp anywhere...

X

Xeanor

he means... if he got that item at lvl 50... and only made .3 bub into 50 and the item has already progressed a lot... it won't take that long to get it to it's max potential

A

-ag-bometal

doesn't it get xp by killing enemies at the dark ?

No post 50 xp please :/

L

leviathane

aye cant it get xp from when you kill enemy? as they give a bit of xp :D

Y

Yussef

Seems I lied, normal mobs drop pages, you need three of these. Epic mobs drop artifacts, you combine three pages into a book and hand it in with the artifact to an NPC.

The NPC will then activate the Artifact so it can be used, which then flags it as no trade.

S

Shike

Originally posted by Yussef
Seems I lied, normal mobs drop pages, you need three of these. Epic mobs drop artifacts, you combine three pages into a book and hand it in with the artifact to an NPC.

The NPC will then activate the Artifact so it can be used, which then flags it as no trade.

and for different artifacts u need diff pages or something? or is it class-specific artifacts or something? Noticed it was no-trade btw, good thing imo :) Means the RPsluts need to do some PVE aswell if they want the state-of-the-art stuff, haha! Can u carry more than 1 of these itamz?

and when do we get TOA? If its like 6 months away... damn

D

Driwen

you can still trade a locked artifact and its 3 pages I think. So everyone can still get its hands on artifacts without PvE'ing, but then they still prolly need to PvE to make the artifact powerful and you cant trade the unlocked artifact :p. So it will force everyone who wants to have the best stuff to do some PvE'ing ;)

O

old.linnet

Hm, looked to me as though you needed to RvR to power up that item in the screenshot.

Sadly.

S

Shike

Originally posted by driwen
you can still trade a locked artifact and its 3 pages I think. So everyone can still get its hands on artifacts without PvE'ing, but then they still prolly need to PvE to make the artifact powerful and you cant trade the unlocked artifact :p. So it will force everyone who wants to have the best stuff to do some PvE'ing ;)

I read about that and yes it seems its tradeable somehow..

however, anyone first farming for one of these and then sell/give away must be a 100% fool since it apparently is _very_ hard to find all the pages etc. Guess if these are gonna be a subject for Ebay o_O

at this time there are around 50 KNOWN artifacts... and all are not found yet. I think its gona take a very long time before all are found, and I actually hope so aswell.

G

Graknak

By the time this item is at its full potential a tank has done so much farming it'll be battered to hell :eek:

Y

ye-roon

well if those are the new looks for ToA then i'm commin back for sure :)

and items gaining xp is cool, bit like materia gaining xp in ff7 :)

M

Madae

really uber items :D it will be hard to find them and unlock them tho i think :p

L

Lam

Just to clear something up about artifacts.

Artifacts drop from "Epic" mobs, there are some artifacts you can get solo or with just a few people, others will require 2 or more groups.

Pages can be dropped by every kind of mob in TOA but there are a few kind of mob that drop pages more then others.

1 or 2 of the scrolls needed for an artifact are pretty easy to get if you farm enough but 1 or 2 of the scrolls for each artifacts are rare drops that can drop randomly.

Artifacts and scrolls can be traded as long as the artifact hasn't been activated with the scrolls BUT in order to be able to unlock an artifact you have to have credit for killing the artifact mob, this means that you had to be there when the mob who dropped the artifact got killed.
This means that even though you can trade unlocked artifacts you'll still have to PvE in order to be able to use them.

C

ChillyDawg

Originally posted by Lam

This means that even though you can trade unlocked artifacts you'll still have to PvE in order to be able to use them.

Good, mythic doing SOMEthing to try an combat the extremem eliteness building up, at least this way a rr1 with 500g or a rr10 with 200p will be able to get GOD LIKE items equally (obvious high rr is useful in pve, but not so much that its required)

G

Graknak

does the wep actually have to do dmg or be equipped for it to gain xp? otherwise you could make pbaoe groups to kill the good faction while the one with the artifact leeches so it won't go down in Dur etc..... or can't it be broken like infinite Dur?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom