Artifact deterioration - once it's gone wave goodbye to your template

Naewae

Fledgling Freddie
From a grab bag....

Q: I got in an argument with some folks about how many times you can acquire and activate a particular artifact, and would like to have an official answer put in a grab bag, please?

Let's say I get an armor artifact all leveled up, and eventually wear it out (it being armor). Is it then possible for me to regain the artifact again just by completing the previous steps or am I (and everyone else) restricted to only gaining each artifact once per characters lifetime?

A: Each character can activate only one of each artifact – you can't go back and get a new one when the first one wears out. So if you've got a really, really cool artifact that you want to keep for a long, long time, use it sparingly.

http://www.camelotherald.com/more/1257.shtml

vintervargen

Banned
if you dont pve in it, you can probably get to rr10 easy without it beeing destroyed

remi

Fledgling Freddie
When these artifacts are worn out, there will be 100s of new items from next expansion that's ten times better.

but ...my SoM is down too 80%dur.......! :(

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
remi said:
When these artifacts are worn out, there will be 100s of new items from next expansion that's ten times better.

What he said.

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Suddenly i feel so fotm for not using all the best artifacts.. it's of course just so i can use them LATER with that uber cool template that .... uh.. yeah. :(

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
It would be nice if Artifacts had some kind of durability bonus (say 200% over 100) to reflect the fact that you have to level then, and that they are one of the few truely irreplacable items in the game.

Still thats not going to happen now, chances are some people have already Shift+D'd their GoVs and such.

Meduza

One of Freddy's beloved
Archeon said:
It would be nice if Artifacts had some kind of durability bonus (say 200% over 100) to reflect the fact that you have to level then, and that they are one of the few truely irreplacable items in the game.

Still thats not going to happen now, chances are some people have already Shift+D'd their GoVs and such.
few ? erm... 2000 ppl running with same artifact is "few" ? ;)

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Meduza said:
few ? erm... 2000 ppl running with same artifact is "few" ? ;)

Wrong context, most items are replacable. They drop from mobs and are tradable. The exceptions to these would be things like beaded resist stones and such.

Hence, one of the few non-replacable items in the game. doesn't matter if 2,000 other people have it. Your only going to get 1 ;)

Dahr

Fledgling Freddie
remi said:

but ...my SoM is down too 80%dur.......! :(

It's most likely that will happen

Though I wonder if mythic had the idea at start, that every player would obtain 1-2 artifacts and used them till they were dead and then went on and gathered the next 1-2 artifacts. And that they never expected (how stupid it may be) that everyone simply wants the most uber templates with 2-6 artifacts in it ;o.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
I think that mythic knows that by the time those artifacts will have worn out we will already be farming the next generation uberloot in catacombs and artifacts will be useless p00p like 98% of the SI epic dungeon stuff is now...

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
dont use arti armor in pve and dont repair gems/cloaks/rings etc... as u dont loose anything else then +magic if they aer 70% :> (and cant go less)

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
giv catacombs imo with new phat itamz!

Im already longing for a new massive PVEexpansion.. I rvr too much atm :D

Eroa

Banned
My artifacts hardly lose any con from standing afk in ligen tbh

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
>Though I wonder if mythic had the idea at start, that every player would obtain 1-2 artifacts and used them till they were dead and then went on and gathered the next 1-2 artifacts. And that they never expected (how stupid it may be) that everyone simply wants the most uber templates with 2-6 artifacts in it ;o.

Or they might be very well aware of the min/max mentality and wanted to see how that group would manage the long-term planning :) Dont forget that Mythic actually did acknowledge that it was way to easy to cap everything pre ToA and that one of the goals with ToA was to make sure you had make some sacrifices to get very good stats in one area.

Ferengi

Fledgling Freddie
by the time the artis run out u should realize this game has gotten a bit boring and stop ur addiction... or even move on to another game :drink:

Psygnosis

Fledgling Freddie
Heh, but which is harder...Quitting DAOC, or leaving behind the characters you spent a good part of your life creating :/

pfft my BOM will never Decay.. just gonna leave it at 70% to keep summoning me some staffs... as for my cloak.. pfft 70% again.. most artis can be left at 70% and still get most of the benefit from them... and like my Sc set is now... all the +skills are on my Armor so i can replace them easily.. everything else is able to be left at 70% con cos its all resists and int/dex/con etc etc...

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
appart from :

A) armour (for `af`)
b) weapons (for `damage`)
c) items with +skill (for they cease giving `+skill` at 70% condition)

condition has no effect !!!!!!!!

so....

don`t worry too much ...

As can ice wiz with epuipment left at 70% :

my robes lose some af.... true,
my staf loses some dps,... /laughing
focus seems non affected... without a focus staf, 14 pbaoe before oop, with focus staff at 70%, 21 pbaoe.

>>>So, appart from dps, af, +skill bonus, there is no reason to repair items.<<<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom