Arti Thief Warning.

Alhanna

Fledgling Freddie
I was with Eramai who had appeared for about 5 minutes only. I was looking up a sorcerer who was with me waiting for a short time and needed credit when Alacazam Despell came in with a Gorgon pet, hit ML9 and just started attacking. I told him that I had someone inc for credit and he ignored at first then say to me heal my pet and ill put him on passive. I do this and the pet breaks off only to return and fight again. Eramai dies Alacazam runs in and picks up all loot and runs off.

Alacazam Despell
Server Excalibur
Realm Albion
Last On Recently
Race Saracen
Class Sorcerer
Level 50
Guild Angels of Retribution
Guild Rank 5
Realm Points 124,410 (Last week: 2,622)
Realm Rank Myrmidon (RR3)
Rank 3881
In-realm Rank 1383
Class Rank 134
Trade None

Marc

FH is my second home
I have a good idea what other chars this sorc dude has...

pbaz

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry, but I'm not sure how this counts as an "arti thief" warning.

I 100% agree that it was selfish, impolite, inconsiderate, lame behaviour from this guy...

But he didn't steal anything.

Alhanna

Fledgling Freddie
pbaz said:
Sorry, but I'm not sure how this counts as an "arti thief" warning.

I 100% agree that it was selfish, impolite, inconsiderate, lame behaviour from this guy...

But he didn't steal anything.

Apply this happening to yourself and any Artifact you may be looking for then talk to me hun.

pbaz

Fledgling Freddie
Alhanna said:
Apply this happening to yourself and any Artifact you may be looking for then talk to me hun.

/shrug

I've had many artifact encounters done in front of my eyes by a group/farmer that arrived after I did. It's simply not stealing.

First person that can complete the encounter after starting it is the legitimate "owner" of that encounter. In this instance, you couldn't complete the encounter, someone else came along and did complete it. He did not steal anything from you.

However, I do want to repeat that I view his behaviour as selfish, impolite, inconsiderate and lame. I'm certainly not defending such behaviour, as I think it's detrimental to what little "community spirit" is left in this game. I just don't think it's right for you to publicly label this guy an "arti thief" when, in fact, no theft took place.

Hope you understand my POV :wub:

Comos

Loyal Freddie
this happened to me twice at Eramai too. Not much you can do, except put him on a black list and hope you can do the same back to him one day.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
it's not your monster till you pull it - just because you're camping there doesn't give you any more right to it.

It's not polite to run in and pull when someone is there but it's not artifact stealing (that'd be joining a group for an arti,getting the loot and then getting an unlucky linkdead)

not sure what this warning serves - I guess it says "don't be polite and let this guy get his friends there if you see him" or "if you see him coming get pulling quick"...

fanis

Fledgling Freddie
it doesn't look like stealing your art m8.......had u pull Eramai?

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved
he is a cheeky fellow this Alacazam Despell guy

Givf Mob Tagging!

fanis

Fledgling Freddie
i just said that if u had NOT PULLED the mob ,then it is not stealling............
i aggree with u that he should not pull Eramai......

Ffade

Fledgling Freddie
Alhanna dont seems anything to be wrong he just pull first the mob, and also your topic is totaly wrong,i bet when you saw Alacazam pull Eramai you start yelling or somethin ?
last night you want to report him..give me a good reason.. ??
folks it is a massive multi player game many pps to deal with, you can not agree with all of them also some times it is just a missunderstanding
:cheers:

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Impolite but nothing else, he didn't steal a thing.

Nerve

Loyal Freddie
No but once again it's an AoR guildie, I think they have a guildpolicy on being rude and inconsiderate when it comes to artifact encounters...

Alhanna

Fledgling Freddie
I had not pulled him yet and was about to give him the music box. He came in, said nothing and just starting killing.

If I am wrong on this and it seems I am by all of your views I will shut up, sit back and watch for any post on where this happens to you. I am fed up with the high and mighty view of a few people within Albion sometimes in which they believe they are the law on all things TOA related.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Alhanna said:
they believe they are the law on all things TOA related.

hardly, just saying that it's not artifact stealing (a breach of the CoC) and is perfectly within the rules of the game.

If you'd given him the music box it might have been different - not sure how that encounter is treated.

Legaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Very lame indeed but you do get retards in games, unfortuantly.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Flimgoblin said:
hardly, just saying that it's not artifact stealing (a breach of the CoC) and is perfectly within the rules of the game.

If you'd given him the music box it might have been different - not sure how that encounter is treated.

note that I'm in no way saying it's a nice thing to do - but it's part of the game.

if noone could get an artifact because someone had their bot camped at it for weeks it'd be pretty crap too...

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Alhanna said:
If I am wrong on this and it seems I am by all of your views I will shut up, sit back and watch for any post on where this happens to you. I am fed up with the high and mighty view of a few people within Albion sometimes in which they believe they are the law on all things TOA related.

Alhanna,

You aren't wrong, but you aren't right either; it depends if you look at it Technically or Morally:

Technically, he did not breach the COC, unless he was abusive before/after the encounter attempt, in which case he broke the rules based on harrassment. You cannot reserve mobs in TOA; the first person to land the first blow on the mob is entitled to the encounter, therefore any drops.

Morally, he was a tit. Running in like that is unfair and something I would frown at.

If you're talking about the "law" of TOA, look at the technical side of things; in which case, he was 100% within his rights :(

Alhanna

Fledgling Freddie
I should not have brought this up. I am not after your support or sympathy but wish to just bring it to everyones attention of this person. If the greater good of people think nothing wrong here then please delete the post and label me as a moaner.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Just to let you know Angels of Retribution dont give a fuck about other ppl..

This one time me an some other guy had pulled all guards from danos camp because we wantet to give it a try an then they just run in an pull danos :(
an its not the first time i seen them do stuff like this :p

virgomuse

Fledgling Freddie
Not so sure here that it's so clear cut

Alhanna said:
I was with Eramai who had appeared for about 5 minutes only. I was looking up a sorcerer who was with me waiting for a short time and needed credit when Alacazam Despell came in with a Gorgon pet, hit ML9 and just started attacking. I told him that I had someone inc for credit and he ignored at first then say to me heal my pet and ill put him on passive. I do this and the pet breaks off only to return and fight again. Eramai dies Alacazam runs in and picks up all loot and runs off.

Just my opinion......... on reading this original poster's quoted version above it does appear that the other person wasn't able to complete the encounter without being healed by Alhanna. In requesting this, he also agreed to wait, however once he got healed carried on regardless. Imo he didn't manage to do it 'all by himself' as he needed another player to heal him and it could be argued he did 'steal' the artie as he went off without offering to roll for it or keeping his end of the agreed deal ..................just my two cents worth. The question is would he have been able to complete this encounter without assistance?? He may have pulled mob first but if he would have failed the encounter without assistance does he have the right to say he alone is entitled to any drops??

Whether this is a breach of coc or a breach of reasonable player behaviour I think a case could be made for both points of view.

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved
Flimgoblin said:
note that I'm in no way saying it's a nice thing to do - but it's part of the game.

if noone could get an artifact because someone had their bot camped at it for weeks it'd be pretty crap too...

his doing it aswell, he is quoting himself!!

rampant said:
shuldnt have healed his pet - and let it die -

well thats always easy to say afterwards

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Ashala said:
his doing it aswell, he is quoting himself!!

was clarifying ;) and thought it was too long after the first post for people to notice an edit :p

Ffade

Fledgling Freddie
Nerve said:
No but once again it's an AoR guildie, I think they have a guildpolicy on being rude and inconsiderate when it comes to artifact encounters...

Eeben said:
Just to let you know Angels of Retribution dont give a fuck about other ppl..

This one time me an some other guy had pulled all guards from danos camp because we wantet to give it a try an then they just run in an pull danos
an its not the first time i seen them do stuff like this :p

BLaMeS n FLaMeS :flame: guys you should roll a heretic for sure!
Don't blame the guild or other players, many times other toons have messed up our encouters..for example: some toon asked from our grp GoV credit we said ok. after the encouter the guy pick up the arti and logged!How is that sounds ? and on the other hand GoA reply's ---> "you invite him to your BG so that's OK from CoC's". How it sounds ???
Eeben n Nerve many peeps don't give a fuck about other ppl,don't blame the guild,also all of us have been unfair to other players, so you cannot jadge any1. Just say your opinion.

Proud member of Angels of Retribution

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Ffade said:
BLaMeS n FLaMeS :flame: guys you should roll a heretic for sure!
Don't blame the guild or other players, many times other toons have messed up our encouters..for example: some toon asked from our grp GoV credit we said ok. after the encouter the guy pick up the arti and logged!How is that sounds ? and on the other hand GoA reply's ---> "you invite him to your BG so that's OK from CoC's". How it sounds ???
Eeben n Nerve many peeps don't give a fuck about other ppl,don't blame the guild,also all of us have been unfair to other players, so you cannot jadge any1. Just say your opinion.

Proud member of Angels of Retribution

maybe because i have seen a guild group/ zerg of aor do it a few times..

why should we roll a tic? dont get it sorry :(

pbaz

Fledgling Freddie
Ffade said:
also all of us have been unfair to other players, so you cannot jadge any1.

Many of us have never been unfair to other players. Many of us think that the main difference between an MMORPG and most other games is the sense of community we build together.

We absolutely can judge this guy - he behaved like a total a$$hole! Yes, he was within his rights to do what he did - which is why I pointed out that he certainly wasn't an "arti thief". However, the clear consensus here is that although his actions were technically acceptable, they were morally unacceptable.

If you're getting offended at people flaming your guild for the actions of one member, I recommend that you encourage your guildmate(s) to act in a more morally acceptable way in future. If you do that, I predict that the flames directed towards your guild will stop. You know the old saying: "One rotten apple spoils the barrel"?

Comos

Loyal Freddie
pbaz said:
Many of us have never been unfair to other players. Many of us think that the main difference between an MMORPG and most other games is the sense of community we build together.

We absolutely can judge this guy - he behaved like a total a$$hole! Yes, he was within his rights to do what he did - which is why I pointed out that he certainly wasn't an "arti thief". However, the clear consensus here is that although his actions were technically acceptable, they were morally unacceptable.

If you're getting offended at people flaming your guild for the actions of one member, I recommend that you encourage your guildmate(s) to act in a more morally acceptable way in future. If you do that, I predict that the flames directed towards your guild will stop. You know the old saying: "One rotten apple spoils the barrel"?

Yes, or simply remove that guy from the guild. He's obviously making a bad name for the entire guild, not just for himself.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Comos said:
Yes, or simply remove that guy from the guild. He's obviously making a bad name for the entire guild, not just for himself.

like i said.. they dont give a fuck

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom