Armsman

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Danya said:
Glottis comes out in favour of cheating to win? Why am I not surprised.
Tell me Glottis, does your radar work well?

dont flame glottis plz :( some ppl actually love reading his replies !

glottis4president! :clap:

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
Icebreaker said:
According to Mythic it worked like intended until they nerfed it. The Hauberk is another thing. Never been intended to work like this. That doesn't mean he shouldn't use it at all because actually its not his fault but pulling Mobs on himself to get it to proc is just teh GAY. Cheater!

And getting the Mobs wouldn't be a Problem if the Hauberk would work correct. But atm it makes him nearly immun to every form of Damage.So he just shouldn't do it on purpose.

the argument still holds on the EU servers .... ppl have used shitloads of "features" even though they knew it was gonna change later.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Glottis said:
Ummmmmmmmm, Mythic nerfed LA then it took GoA about 1 year to get that patch to Europe... so in what way did the Mid players not know about LA being bugged?!
Necro's where abusing their LoS for about 2 weeks before being solidly nerfed by Mythic, and yes, they knew what they where doing...
And in my humble opinion, becoming inmume to magic from some kind of elite radar abusing hib chanter is not gay...
Regards, Glottis

Despite my usual annoyance at how mids/hibs have lived with an easier life style in game in the past, wtf are you talking about? It is blatent abuse and if you cannot see that then more fool you. It's obvious that by this statement, unless you are benefitting from abuse, it is not okay by you but the moment you gain from this it's okay. This is such a great double standard that I'm suprised there isn't a website dedicated to the stupidity of this post...

You complained like hell about BAoD and yet when the equivalenmt is turned after an aparrent fix...ack, I can't be bothered...

Ashgen

One of Freddy's beloved
Hmmm

Armsmen still look the coolest class around in nice shiny armour and fancy cloak and shield ;)

Didn't we all want to be knights in shining armour as kids (OK lots are still kids :D ) so it's a shame that unless you are RRuber they are pretty much unwanted, and so unplayable.

I keep mine as he was my first character and he took over a year in real time to get to 50. He is therefore is a reminder of the days when going to Barrows was so dangerous, and then being invited to the elite gobbo and tree's groups.

I still remember being shouted at at gobo's .. just ******* crit it, stop killing them! :rolleyes:

Even my Merc is not wanted now, and he is ToA'ed up the high heavens, so it kind of puts me off going through the same cycle again with a tank :(

But then again, there are no midds and hibbies left to fight anyway. They have all seemed to have /quit since NF, not sure why tbh.

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
kirennia said:
Despite my usual annoyance at how mids/hibs have lived with an easier life style in game in the past, wtf are you talking about? It is blatent abuse and if you cannot see that then more fool you. It's obvious that by this statement, unless you are benefitting from abuse, it is not okay by you but the moment you gain from this it's okay. This is such a great double standard that I'm suprised there isn't a website dedicated to the stupidity of this post...

You complained like hell about BAoD and yet when the equivalenmt is turned after an aparrent fix...ack, I can't be bothered...

Not really a difference.
They complain he abuses a bug, same way I complained about Mids/Hibs abusing bugs. It is not okay in my eyes, it is just that Mids/Hibs are not entitled to complain about things as they have been doing it for ages.
@ Danya: I would not know if Radar works in NF, I was hoping GoA had started to announce the first series of bannings. Then again, maybe so many Hibs left there are no radar users left? Oh wait, I forgot about RadarHead, but he is a Mid :(
Regards, Glottis

sopan

Fledgling Freddie
Hi

I might be the only one thinking like this but I must say that armsmen are really nasty. For me as a skald they hit vv hard (863 as hardest). So to hear albs whine just gets me pissed. If u specc right and get proper armor u have vv good chars.

Armsmen roxx.

It is with abit of worry that I engage Bloodthorn even if we are 2 or 3 ppl. I just can say thank god for grapple and bg ohterwise he would kill us so fast.

He who hates sorcs fuuking ra5

See u all out there :cheers:
sopan

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
At which point you FZ, Snare or simply run away at speed 5, you don't have to deal with the Armsman if you don't want to. We do not have this luxuary with our enemies nor can we force an enemy to face us, specially with so many escape tricks now for most classes.

Which again leaves us as siegebots or only able to fight enemies who choose to have a go which unless they are noobs, they wont do without a 'get out of jail free card'.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
Oh I dunno...slam + sprint ain't too bad. Now if only I had vanish too... :cheers:

They can sprint just as fast as you and purge the stun and wont need to waste a bucket load of end trying to land the slam either, its really no comparison.

And yes Vanish has now also ruined any chance we had of fighting assassins now too.

sopan

Fledgling Freddie
Katago, when I read your replies I dont know if I should cry or laugh. :eek2:

But wth its just a game and if I see u solo I promise ill try to kill u as the noob I am.

Solarius

Fledgling Freddie
Glottis said:
Not really a difference.
They complain he abuses a bug, same way I complained about Mids/Hibs abusing bugs. It is not okay in my eyes, it is just that Mids/Hibs are not entitled to complain about things as they have been doing it for ages.
@ Danya: I would not know if Radar works in NF, I was hoping GoA had started to announce the first series of bannings. Then again, maybe so many Hibs left there are no radar users left? Oh wait, I forgot about RadarHead, but he is a Mid :(
Regards, Glottis

Why is this idiot still allowed to post on these forums? I though Radar accusations were frowned upon?

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
gunner440 said:
please dont accuse people on forums danyan :<

i dont want you to get banned :(
It's called sarcasm gunz... but never mind. :/

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
Kagato said:
At which point you FZ, Snare or simply run away at speed 5, you don't have to deal with the Armsman if you don't want to. We do not have this luxuary with our enemies nor can we force an enemy to face us, specially with so many escape tricks now for most classes.

Which again leaves us as siegebots or only able to fight enemies who choose to have a go which unless they are noobs, they wont do without a 'get out of jail free card'.

then again its pretty pointless to solo as armsman, or any heavy tank for that matter in nf :p its either vanish/run away or get zerged =P

Eluvia

Fledgling Freddie
I was reading xunleashed forums today, alot of euro palyers been banned, It can be detected m8s

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
rvn said:
then again its pretty pointless to solo as armsman, or any heavy tank for that matter in nf :p its either vanish/run away or get zerged =P

Agreed

bult

Loyal Freddie
The problem with armsman (big problem) is that they are not really good for soloing because 1) no stealth 2) no speed or tricks other then melee dmg. When you look at armsmen in a group perspective they are also crap since you will want a merc for damage and a paladin for BG/Guard/end whatever, there is never any reason to group an armsman if you can choose freely among the classes of albion.

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
such necromancer.

But agreed arms are fkn op, easymode class.

At least Arms arent necro's. As for the people saying Melee Classes lose to necros one on one, thats pretty bollox too btw, For a start as a necro u need Purge 2 to RvR , and thats pretty useless vs casters anyway atm till we get a magic defense boost, While i have taken out a lot of meleer's with my necro, generally If they got enuf RR behind them they wipe the floor with me. The lifetap on necros sucks ass really in terms of dmg , especially with the hp of a heavy tank, even the 250af debuff ive got doesnt help cos the pet hits like a wet flanel (atm) with his 2h.

Arms on the other hand get some Nice bonuses vs casters and meleers alike and have more hp then my pet buffed (and thats a lot my pet has about 3k i think or more, not sure how it works out) and arms can stun , pull off snaring styles and fire that sexbow moving. My necro however cant do a thing if someone runs as our root is ass , the pet cant cast if im not within about 700 range of it, as if im runnin after it i cant cast too. Arms are still useful out there , try bein a necro :)

But on topic again, aye come back, arms aint nearly as bad as people make out, if they were there wouldnt be Any cept Kagato left, and i seen a ton of mino-arms recently. Just get a good melee grp, a pole in assist train is teh sick.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Yeesh, what a stupid bump. And I was actually looking forward to some good whine and flames when I saw the title :(

Hubix

Fledgling Freddie
necro are slighty OP agaist tanks any caster can 3/4 shot them no problem.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
anyone who rolls an armsman for solo play is not interested in game play. They are and always will be dick swinging gods.

To then expect, say speed or some ranged interupt or anti stealth, is pretty comical.

The heavy tank has always been the donkey of DAOC. Tough as nails in pure dick swinging, but has trouble finding things close enough to swing his dick at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom