armsman 2h thrust spec, str based or str/dex?

acherfotm

Fledgling Freddie
have read about 20pages of vn posts and another 20pages of fh post and i just cant find one with test actualy stating that 2h thrust armsman doesnt need dex.
I have found a couple saying that all 2hand specs in alb are 100%str based and some that says that 2hand armsman specs are 100%str based while paladin 2h thrust are 50/50 str/dex based and another saying that 2h thrust alb are 75%str 25%dex with some wierd referance to that it calculates the 1h spec ws after the 2hand or something. might roll a 2h thrust armsman and i would really need some help on this subject, losing my mind over all these diferent ideas. gonna test it my self when i actualy got a char to test i with.

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
AFAIK all Albion 2H and Polearm lines are 100% Str based. You'd still need Dex in your template though to increase your Parry chance.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
having armsman epic hauberk and champ sword caps out your 2h ws.

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie
2H Thrust is 100% Str. My arms was that for a while and dex didn't affect 2H ws.

acherfotm

Fledgling Freddie
ah thanks. suppouse briton would be the worst choise ever for a group armsman. damn

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
A bit of history for you.

When the game was first released 2H thrust was documented as being 75% str 25% dex.

This was wrong, it is and always has been 100% strength just like all other
2H and polearm weapons. It was very quickly proven, but the documentation remained unchanged and inaccurate for a long time, hence why so people still have the wrong idea about it.

Only 1H thrust is 50/50 str/dex. Completely unrelated to 2H.

Its very simple to test, just equip a slash or crush 2H and then switch to a thrust 2H, your weapon skill will not change at all unless theres a differance in strength stats on the weapons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom