Armsman 2H spec

mordsythe

Fledgling Freddie
Just wondering guys. i just rolled a 2H spec arms. do i need 2 put points in 2H as well as slash/crush/thrust to get my overall dmg output up?

not sure as i keep hearing mixed reactions.. and question 2 is: are 2H arms any good or are they just good fun 2 play wen bored :):twak: :touch:

Bahumat

FH is my second home
there are tons of posts on this so im only gonna give you a brief answer.

2hand is your max dmg, you want 44 2hand or maybe 50, depends on your spec

slash/crush/thrust is your dmg variance. as 2 hand you can use any wpn and hit from minimum dmg 100 to maximum dmg 1000, if you have 50 2-hand 42 shield and lets just say 30 slash your variance will be better, this means your minumum dmg wont be 100....could be 500 for instance.

ideally albs would like 50 2hand 50 slash 42 shield but we dont get the points, hence the "ffs alb ddouble speccing" posts :)

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, you do need points in both. For maximum two handed damage, you need two handed trained at level (not including bonuses, though these do increase damage), and damage type at level (including item / RR bonuses).

My current spec (RR1 Arms) is 50+11 Two handed, 39+11 Crush, 41 Parry, 7 Shield, or thereabouts.

Classic Hybrid spec is 50 Two Handed, 3X Damage Type, 42 Shield, rest parry.

I find the Arms fun to play in PvE, though not solo. Not taken him to RvR yet. Not the worlds most complicated characters to play.

Oh, and plenty of tests show that the old variance theory doesn't work in practice. You need both, and the maximum as well as the minimum are affected by both specs. Some tests here : http://vnboards.ign.com/albion_fighter_professions/b20902/57670918/p1

Darzil

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Bahumat said:
ideally albs would like 50 2hand 50 slash 42 shield but we dont get the points, hence the "ffs alb ddouble speccing" posts :)

nope, tests have proven its enough to reach 50 effective 1h skill, no need for more.(so skill+skill in temp+rr bonus)

and its possibe to have 50 2h, 42 shield, 39 slash(add 11 from stuff), 6 parry :)P) - without autotrain

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom