Arms in hand to hand combat action...

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Bubble said:
While i respect your oppinion Kagato, i think Mani is planning to use his Armsman with a opt group as a part of an assist train not as a solo tank leaching in zerg combat.

Everything I have written here has been from the point of view of an opted grouped as its precisely those opted groups that will least want an Armsman and that is the topic here.

Goodluck to any Armsman that plans to run in 8 v 8, I wish them the best, but I find it silly when you get Armsmen here thinking there going to own and be actually wanted rather then just the usual 2nd best choice we get. I've been here to long and seen it all before, but time will tell.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
How about this:

41rej/35enh perfecter Cleric
40enh/36rej warlord Cleric
44mind convoker Sorc
Tri specced convoker Cabby
BG hybrid armsman
Banelord Merc
Banelord Merc
Banelord Heretank

Clerics jobs are obvious. The sorc and cabby are on interupt duty against a caster group OR for a tank group, the cabby helps in trying to take down the enemy tanks. The mercs obviously assist with the heretic against a caster group but against a tank group, the heretank works on interupt and ae snaring/stopping the enemy tanks in their tracks.

Against tank groups you would then have BG, a 2 man tank assist train and a cabby helping them out. You have a heretank spamming ae snare to stop any tanks (moc helps here as it doesnt devalue their ae snare) in order to help your support escape the enemy. You also have 2 casters working on stopping the enemy support and very strong defensive charges. With armsmans new 50%parry charge, soldiers barricade and 1/2 of the clerics having BoF/warguard, their tanks wont be hitting for much if they get to your support whilst being ae snared. It of course requires vent/TS in order to time your charges so they don't overlap.

Against a caster group you have a 3 man assist train to do damage(or the armsman can join them too if there are no enemy tanks), 3xbanelords + 2 casters to interupt the enemy support as well as a heretank with their OPed magic damage reduction (fan and baod3). 1minute 15seconds of the enemy casters nuking for 75-150 damage should be more then enough time for the assist train to take down at least 2 of the enemy group (if things go VERY badly).

Anyone able to see a way for any enemy group to beat this?

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
kirennia said:
Anyone able to see a way for any enemy group to beat this?

any semi-skilled mid-grp should pwn them. playing mid on glastonbury and tbh its funny how rather gimped and poorly played mid pickup grps can beat many alb/hib "gank groups". yes, i'm enjoying my easy-mode holiday ;)

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Kagato said:
Everything I have written here has been from the point of view of an opted grouped as its precisely those opted groups that will least want an Armsman and that is the topic here.

Goodluck to any Armsman that plans to run in 8 v 8, I wish them the best, but I find it silly when you get Armsmen here thinking there going to own and be actually wanted rather then just the usual 2nd best choice we get. I've been here to long and seen it all before, but time will tell.

Yes, I own.

The discussion with you a starting to be quite silly.

So we have:

flurry, dirty tricks, banelord, 2 weapon proccs due to dual wield, charge you mentioned.

If you start to lose FG fights because an Armsman instead of a 2nd Merc can't provide those, the group needs to disband.

I have two slightly different group setups in mind, one with a Merc and one with an Armsman and it both works good if people know what they are doing.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:
Yes, I own.

The discussion with you a starting to be quite silly.

So we have:

flurry, dirty tricks, banelord, 2 weapon proccs due to dual wield, charge you mentioned.

If you start to lose FG fights because an Armsman instead of a 2nd Merc can't provide those, the group needs to disband.

I have two slightly different group setups in mind, one with a Merc and one with an Armsman and it both works good if people know what they are doing.

Yes the group needs to disband in my opinion. Relying on only 1 or even 2 mercs for those is asking to get owned. Its all to easy to disable a tank and therefore stop your group dead. The only thing silly here is your ego before we even have the patch. But as I said before, best of luck to your group, hope it works out as you hope.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Almost all groups are hybrid now, running 3 Tanks 3 Casters.

The point hes making is if you chain lose as a group, it will be because your group doesn't play well together/lack of teamwork rather than having an armsman instead of a second merc.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Kagato said:
Yes the group needs to disband in my opinion. Relying on only 1 or even 2 mercs for those is asking to get owned. Its all to easy to disable a tank and therefore stop your group dead. The only thing silly here is your ego before we even have the patch. But as I said before, best of luck to your group, hope it works out as you hope.

Correct me if I am wrong, afair PE ran with only one Merc and they have been successful.

And yes, I can replace a Merc. Just need a good Sorc and/or Minstrel to take care of the interrupts.

Call it silly ego or call it knowing of what I am capable off. I know a Banelord Merc will never be able to do some stuff a Battlemaster Armsman can do, e.g.grapple an enemy bodyguarder while his BG'ed targed has to move because it's being nuked and allowing the Merc to assist on the non-BG'ed target.

It's all about team work and even groups without a Merc but an Armsman can be successful. You not believing in it and questioning my ego means that you never played with decent players that evaluate their (lost) fights or what?

I don't group regulary on My Arms, only made some odd 400k RPs in a group, but most of it with RR11 support and an almost RR10 Merc MA, now he is Warlord with solo RAs but I'll go back to Det and Battlemaster and group more. So we will see.

Beside of that I rolled a Merc now too :p. So yeah, ego!

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Konah said:
any semi-skilled mid-grp should pwn them. playing mid on glastonbury and tbh its funny how rather gimped and poorly played mid pickup grps can beat many alb/hib "gank groups". yes, i'm enjoying my easy-mode holiday ;)

Yeah but even with the opted setups of mids, they wouldn't exactly find it easy to beat this group. The 1/2x warguard/bof and the armsman buff would stop their melee for a very long time, as would the tics 2 magic reduction spells...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom