Armor Resists

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
It would be nice if the post on VN was a bit more specific. From what it sounds like though, it doesn't seem LWs will be worth using anymore over the increased template utility of artis/fixed weapon, they already lost half their attraction with the CL resist buffs.

Lomme

Fledgling Freddie
no reason what-so-ever to use a heater after that :p bye bye open mainhand templates?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
well, there is still the matter of the debuff on heaters so i think we will still see them, but yeah, will mean making a temp that uses a standard arti or drop main weapon less of a loss

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Guess my axe specced zerker can now equip battler sword/hammer on my back instead of a LW, or any other weapon with a nice charge. :)

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
the bashing pierce specced shades have taken recently is just getting worse and worse. if i understand it right, i would loose one of my main reasons for going pierce, being able to do decent dmg against scouts/minstrels, yet infils. SBs and hunters will still have 10% resistance to thrust dmg?

tis the ghey i tell yer, if it goes ahead as i understand it, i cant see me going pierce again. even the DB - hammy - leaper - rib sep. etc doesnt always work since they changed the reactionaries shit.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
/ponder

would like some confirmation on this tbh. would be quite queer if its actually true though.

Spetsnaz

Fledgling Freddie
this game becomes more and more Oversimplificated as Gear said...

the good part is its tru no more slash weakness for me

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
VN Boards said:
Unstyled pierce swing versus hib leather: 64(-25), 28% effective resist, target has 28% resist on template.

Garrote slash swing versus hib leather: 108(-66), 38% effective resist, target has 28% resist on template.

Garrote heater swing versus hib leather: 148(-39), 21% effective resist, target has 26% heat resists on template.

Crush mob versus hib leather: 95 (-25), 21% effective resist, target has 26% resist on template.

From this thread, which contains a little more information. Not sure what the poster in that thread is on about though.

Gamah

Banned
Shit idea, now idiots who dont know what weapons to change to vs armour types will gain a better advantage over more knowledgable players who know how to play.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
very worried about this.

I pack heaters because they are very effective against assasins.

Its definetly not worth packing them for a base -5 vulnerability. I carry like most weapons and it really helps me picking weapons that my opponent is weak to.

Im basically reading it thinking it wont be worth using leggies (specially heaters) anymore. with CL and normal bb resists already being a problem. You no longer get that real nice benefit of using heaters versus assasins

we needed an change the armour tables are slightley fucked up atm.

the change that was needed would really be to make physical pierce more viable, and make the armour tables less favorable for slash (on hib users).

Assasins will love this though, there weak resist is no longer a problem.

Mavericky

Fledgling Freddie
Seems to be an assasin boost, (i guess not intentionally) as the only LW that hurt them was heat, and now its just a 5% vuln. Time to put my heater in the vault when this hits I guess as most have capped heat resist.

Saraden

Loyal Freddie
looks like that as an alb&trhust with new resists i should use:

hib leather & studded -> thrust (neutral) 26%
(matter&heath would give 31% resists)

(Mid leather&studded seems to be resistant, i'll take that it's -10%dmg then)
mid leather -> heath (36%-5) 31%
mid studded -> matter (36&-5%) 31%
(thrust would be 26+10%=36%)

ofcourse if enemy would have aom/bb resist buffs up, then lw's would get more disadvantage.

Anyways to me it seems LW's are still usable (will lose around 5% dmg in worst case compared to thrust), and with matter to studded i would probably get more dmg boost via bad resisists.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
hope they reduce the percentage for the resistance armor is strong against too.

"We give you Bludgeon to be on par with your Blade- and Slash specced counterparts!"

"And now we take it away! ...Fool! ...harharhar"

btw, Heat is like the worst damage type to use on an assassin anyway. That's something you can be sure it's capped, throw in CL resists and it's usually better to use something else already. Heat is nice vs vamps, and that's it.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Next step is a total overhaul of the game, a la Star Wars Online, I guess. ._.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
why did they add the crush thing on sb's if they ar ej ust going to remove the point of having it :s
ah well ><

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
why did they add a 5% resist debuff to champ weps then take it away again? oh wait... ppl have DR now.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
what
the
fuck

/cries

I was gonna stick with pierce since it's nice vs some classes but.. I guess I'll have to go slash anyway..

/curses

:twak: Mythic

Yurka

One of Freddy's beloved
I'm sure it's only the passive weak/neutral/resistant which is just reduced to 5% either way. Then having DR weapon will just mean you can debuff their armor by 5%. I kinda see this as a nerf to thrust/pierce uses who spec for having the larger bonus to scale/chain armor but tend to suffer at the hands of dmg variance than pure str weapon users. Basically its probably going to be worth going blade as hib, as your always doing neutral dmg to all albs/hit hard against mid light tanks, and if the DR procs do neutral dmg to all the other chain users.

Kinda big nerf to BM piercers

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
as pierce without any aug dex/str, i had an attack stat of 344, as blades with aug str3 i have 343, i wouldnt think the was much of a difference between my weapon skill in either specs, but slightly higher as pierce (when including RAs) without RAs pierce will have a higher weapon skill than blades.

EDIT: ofc this is an elf shade's PoV, a firby BM would ofc, wih good reason suffer lower WS as pierce, than blades.

Yurka

One of Freddy's beloved
hence why i said BM piercers, though not sure what an elf situation would be due to the higher base dex stat, but as str as the main rising stat it would still probably have better ws as blade.

nightshades are a different story, as they would benefit more ws from being pierce, but anyway... time for lunch

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Saraden said:
Anyways to me it seems LW's are still usable (will lose around 5% dmg in worst case compared to thrust), and with matter to studded i would probably get more dmg boost via bad resisists.
Agrd but it hardly seems worth building an open mainhand template anymore to allow this, just to get a small advantage vs some players. Ofc still need to consider actual resists - many mids seriously gimp matter and many visibles gimp spirit etc, so perhaps still worth using LWs on balance, but in the hypothetical all resists capped calculations I'd have to saw fixed wep temps look much more lucrative.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
makes me consider having a fixed GS+champ weapon template if i go back pierce, and just hope the thrust debuffs go off fairly often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom