Armor factor question

Kenshiro

Loyal Freddie
Hi there,
got my hero to 50 recently and was wondering the following:
unbuffed i have 695 AF , when i get red AF buff it goes to 698...

1. is it normal that the AF buff doesn't give me more than that? is this a cap or something? if yes, why do the other base buff (str,con,dex) not cap too then? or do they too...

2. is 698 AF any good for a hero ??? i'm wearing MP armor and full AF bonus.

just wondering if i'm totally gimped ot not...

tnx for any reply on this

cya

Teslacoil

Can't get enough of FH
if u use mp armor you have capped af ( allmost as you can see you only got 3 af from buff ) , and i think ( not sure ) , that at rr5 you'r af cap goes up

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Funkybunny said:
you should get some + af ... my hunter in studded have more af then you ^^
With self buffs they do ;)

Keeg

Fledgling Freddie
Short version: Your gimped

Easy fix: Get toa gear with Bonus af

Kelio

Fledgling Freddie
i think i have much much more, but then again i have a paladin ;)

Kenshiro

Loyal Freddie
Keeg said:
Short version: Your gimped

Easy fix: Get toa gear with Bonus af

This is what i wanted to hear...
Clear, simple and with a solution given :)

tnx for the input guys

Vancleaver

Fledgling Freddie
AF increases...

Another solution is swapout gloves with AF charges in them/or an AF proccing piece of kit...

My thane has 770 AF when charge/proc active - and hes not rr5 yet.

another old school trick i seen used is duel wielders using an offhand weapon af proc but as yr a hero i guess that wont help much.

I'd also suggest alchemy/Bounty items, im just unsure if they stack with proc/charged stuff (im guessing they wont).

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
Natswoo said:
well arn't you fotm :worthy:

First L50 toon was a Thane, then a Shammie, then a SB (after LA nerf :E) then a Pally then a Ranger...

So I am *just* about FOTM with my last L50 :p

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Brunore said:
First L50 toon was a Thane, then a Shammie, then a SB (after LA nerf :E) then a Pally then a Ranger...

So I am *just* about FOTM with my last L50 :p

hmmm wasnt shammie fotm for a while with cave shammys?

and SB went FoTM as did all stealthers after LA nerf (tho actually a few months after - i made my SB Before LA enrf and leveled as a crit blade when they were gimped and so i wasnt FoTM coz i was gimp spec :clap: )
and Rangers FoTM :D

Kenshiro

Loyal Freddie
ok i still have a (maybe stupid) additional question...
i put the gear i'm wearing atm in a sc calculator and it tells me i have 72 AF bonus which seems to be overcapped with 47 points.
I searched on CM for a while for AF cap increase items, without success.

so are there any items that you guys know of which do increase my AF cap?

on a side note : according to Kort's sc calculator the AF cap bonus seems to be of 25 points, which should give me a total of 50 points in AF (bonus to AF + AF cap increase), so when i hear you guys talk about numbers well over 800 points in AF i'm wondering how i need to proceed to reach such figures... :/
i know i'm risking my reputation which such noob quetions but i WANT to know at last !!! :p

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, my understanding is that your AF = Base AF + Spec AF (buffs) + TOA AF Bonus

Base AF is capped at 100% quality armour of your level, and is based on your armour plus base buffs (which can't take it above the cap).

Spec AF buffs are available on some items as charges, and are available on some classes as self buffs, and in Albion from Clerics. Paladins have the highest AF, as they have a self spec buff with stacks with Cleric or their own chant self buff (the chant one is higher, but isn't always on if they are twisting).

TOA AF bonus cap is 50, contrary to what Kort's says. There is no way to increase this cap.

Darzil

Kenshiro

Loyal Freddie
OK so if i get it right, being a hero, my only option to get my AF to 750-800'ish is to have ToA gear with AF bonus charges/proc's

any idea of items increasing the AF cap? these seem to be hard to find...
AF bonus items is no problem

tnx for the replies

Nightrider

Fledgling Freddie
I got the same problem as u. My warrior only has 647 af, and it doesnt increase at all with af buff. Adding af 102 parts doesnt help, but then again im told that those ekstra af 2 only benefits rr5+.

My af stays at 647 even when most parts are 96% con from tear and wear, which must mean i dont get full use of even the gimped epic which is af 100, 100% qual/con. :(

Keeg

Fledgling Freddie
Kenshiro said:
OK so if i get it right, being a hero, my only option to get my AF to 750-800'ish is to have ToA gear with AF bonus charges/proc's

any idea of items increasing the AF cap? these seem to be hard to find...
AF bonus items is no problem

tnx for the replies

some shield for example have "Bonus to AF factor" get that, get some jewerly with it aswell

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom