Argh more vista woes! :\ (MKV Playback)

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Howdy!

So I'm gradually getting settled in with vista, but I've just installed the CCCP codec pack and started playing hidef MKV's (720p and 1080p) in media player classic. They don't seem to be running as smooth as they were in XP. It's harder to notice in some videos than others, but some you can really tell that it's struggling a bit. Anyone know any particular setting I need to change, or better codec to use? It's FFDShow with the Haali Media Splitter (or something like that) right now.

Not sure if it's poss to get my graphics card to do hardware acceleration on this, or if that's what it was doing in XP but there's definitely a noticeable difference.

Any help appreciated! :)

edit: too late to delete the post, but I think I sorted it. Changed the Directshow output to VMR9 - seems to have helped :D

smurkin

Can't get enough of FH
I'm on k-lite with ffdshow and the splitter and there are no playback problems with MKVs unless I playback using Vista Media Centre. Then I get what you describe.

You shouldn't need CCCP or K-lite. It should work with FFD show and Haali alone. You could try uninstalling it all, then just instaling FFD and the splitter....see if that fixes.

/edit...oops...only just spotted your last line

Chilly

Balls of steel
Core AVC codec is the best software decoder for h264/x264

nath

Fledgling Freddie
So I've read, but I didn't notice any difference when using it - the cpu usage was pretty much exactly the same and no video improvement. That said, after I sorted the renderer problem there wasn't really any way to improve upon it as it appears to be playing perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom