Are the relics still needed?

cmr

Banned
stellaartois said:
ok to set this straight
1) i did said some still whining
2) not all r whining and indeed a lot take it as a true gratz on the primetime raid
:drink:

yes but compare that to how much the albs whined for no reason at all when mids took the relics at 11:30pm gmt and then how the mids react when albs take them at 1-2am gmt......

Thadius

Part of the furniture
PLay the US servers.

Relic wars are almost constant, with each realm trying to take and retake relics!

And, its noit a bad thing! :D

Its quite fun with all the action over there, and a alarm clock raid by the yanks is usually countered by the EU afternoon zerg and ac raids by the Eu lot is countered by the primetime yanks.

Its brilliant! :D

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Kvadi said:
All your thread-closing has made your brain go soft m8. Sure, there's always some whine whatever, but to say there's only "slightly more" when it's not prime-time is rubbish. The volume of whine and the bad feeling caused by non-primetime raids is vastly greater. Try reading the threads instead of rushing to close them all the time. :eek7:

tbh the age of the relic raid is far more important - old relic raids generated 11 page whines, no matter the time of day :p

Usually there were excuses like "we were all in Sidi!" or "we were doing an ML raid!" or "FFS You have 10000 million more people than use we can't defend" etc. rather than the "omgz 5am so lame" of course. Different excuses, still plenty of whine.

new ones only get a page or two, partly because they're so frequent ;)

Within the last year or so I'd agree with you though - an AC raid gets an awful lot more whine than a non-AC raid.

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
AC raids get whine.

Primetime raids get some whine ('it went on too long' or 'I was on the loo when you took it' type stuff) but peeps have proved they can moan and find fault with anything tbh.

I wondered myself if relics were needed.

Those who only enjoy 1 vs 1 do not need them. Those who only enjoy fg vs fg do not need them. But what about those who like some or all mass RvR ? Don't they need a target or objective ?

So do we need relics that have an impact on power or strength ?

Could we lose that and simply have them simply as trophies or targets ? Perhaps convert them to rp or xp or cash bonuses ?

Not sure tbh. I always get the feeling mass RvR works better with a target and reward. But what reward would everyone (or most people) find suitable ?

Crikey - FH with an interesting topic.

Conway

Fledgling Freddie
This particular cluster has had many conflicts between the community, relics being only one focus for them. I doubt that Mythic would change the game to remove the relics if they are providing fun for people on other servers, or that if they did it would remove the conflict prone culture on whatever this cluster is called now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom