Are the relics still needed?

Xeros

Fledgling Freddie
Think Albs have now prooven that they also can work together if they want and do primetime raids if they want. So well done Albs.

But also thanks to mids/hibs for pushing them to this. This has also an negative point that I found out the last raids in rvr.

Mids/hibs won the mental war though imo. If the word Relic falls in the bg, the leaders say: NO, we don't go for the relics. They are imo afraid of the whine they will get after the last weeks inhere on Albion as realm and they just wanna proove that they can be there on primeraids.

But does this improve things? imo not.

Ok, we don't take relics anymore, but take keep after keep. This pisses enemies off too (they need to retake them back or spend lots of bp's/money to repair and precious time doing it). Eventually this will kill the numbers in rvr too which is already happening if I see the oponents comming to defend.

So now I'm anxious to see who will make the first move to go really for some relics.

The only thing that might come well out of this is that ppl will start to get bored of it (defending/taking) and that more open field fights will be done without even touching the keeps, relics.

Because now we have a balance in rvr relics, each realm 2 as some say.

So get rid if the relics maybe? Let each realm have an enemie keep in the other realm so we can all have iRVR and more open field fights? this might lead though to OF with camping the enemie keeps :(

Mr X (nickname in Albion btw cause of all me X chars hehe)

pip

Banned
Nah not when you are warlock:) but i have said this for a long time, anything that will cause a unbalance to a pvp game is not a good thing? you will only ever kill a population with this bs? ok some will say lol pip you play warlock and they are right but do you blame me for playing a warlock? or the clueless leadership for this?:)

stellaartois

One of Freddy's beloved
keep relics but don't whine so much if they get taken its a game if u can take a relic u must take it i think
as i said earlier every realm AC's and pve's towers, keeps and relics but wake up guys this is a game not your life
greetz
the drunk dude
:drink:

pip

Banned
stellaartois said:
keep relics but don't whine so much if they get taken its a game if u can take a relic u must take it i think
as i said earlier every realm AC's and pve's towers, keeps and relics but wake up guys this is a game not your life
greetz
the drunk dude
So true but being a gamer means 1 thing? fairness? but if folk feel they dying to others cause they have and i repeat they have 10% more bonus than someone else do they consider this fair? and to some they will say wtf? what is 10% difference? belive me it is a lot:) to them that use calc to cap all and are true gamers? but not mean shit if you run 8v8 ? but to the true solo out there means loads?

Xeros

Fledgling Freddie
For the solo it means indeed a lot, if he doesn't get zerged over and over.

But also some ppl have not much playtime, so the 10% can count also hard for them as they don't have much time to get fully toa'd or farm money to get fully templated.

Relics are meant to be taken and re-taken, not something to be scared off to take.

But in the end the quarrel and whines inhere goes most of time about the relics, so why have them? Without them there would be maybe more ppl returning to game who were fed up about the relicstuff.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Pip, I am getting me some medicine soon cause I am sick in the head if you want to I can ask the doc for a double portion and send some of the stuff over to you.

pip

Banned
Manisch Depressiv said:
Pip, I am getting me some medicine soon cause I am sick in the head if you want to I can ask the doc for a double portion and send some of the stuff over to you.
if you think me are wrong ho well:eek:

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Relics are not the problem, just peoples attitudes towards the relics and the way people spit the dummy if they lose them.

Personally I think theres better ways then the current relic system we have, however the relics themselves are not the true root cause.

cmr

Banned
set up irvr in hib or smt imo, i know albion wont allow it now in hadrians after the past week of seiging, but i think we should let albion show there willingness to not go pve mode on hib land. If hibernia as a whole would allow irvr to be there they dont deserve to wake up and find there relics are gone, so if your out at night and there is not action, dont go take towers because if theres no one on to defend then your still going to get now action, So how about logging and doing somthing else, or even sleep?

Would nice to be able to get some RvR away from keeps for a bit because its getting a bit old, if the players can just let things be and set up irvr and keep it there it without the need to seige all the time it would be nice for everyone. We did it on prydwen before cluster, without it the server was quite dead, but with iRvR so many people were out it made RvR nice again, everyday knowing you could log on and get some nice rvr straight away. Would be nice with Eras/Berk but i guess Bolg/Behn would do as albs wont allow it, as crim bowl ends up too zergy

cmr

Banned
Kagato said:
Relics are not the problem, just peoples attitudes towards the relics and the way people spit the dummy if they lose them.

Personally I think theres better ways then the current relic system we have, however the relics themselves are not the true root cause.

People dont care about the relics they care about how they are taken, if a realm deserves them then people wouldnt whine

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
cmr said:
People dont care about the relics they care about how they are taken, if a realm deserves them then people wouldnt whine

That's just pure bullshit.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Tuthmes said:
No he's completly right.

the amount of whine on FH/BW over primetime relic raids in the past 4-5 years suggests he's wrong.

I'd say there's slightly more whine if it's a "dubious" relic take, and people try their hardest to be nicer these days when it's not so dubious... but over the years there has been a _lot_ of whine, no matter the time of day.

Zede

Part of the furniture
Flimgoblin said:
the amount of whine on FH/BW over primetime relic raids in the past 4-5 years suggests he's wrong.

I'd say there's slightly more whine if it's a "dubious" relic take, and people try their hardest to be nicer these days when it's not so dubious... but over the years there has been a _lot_ of whine, no matter the time of day.

Film is completly right. :drink:

Kvadi

One of Freddy's beloved
Phule_Gubben said:
That's just pure bullshit.

You need to grow up m8 and stop acting like the kid in the avatar. Rarely if ever see you saying any that could be construed as unbiased on these boards. :(

On the matter in hand... Gratz Albs. You were obviously well-organised and led last couple of days. Can't grumble when it's done in the right way and at the right time. :drink:

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
not gonna read all the above but here is my opinion

if alb leaves the mid relics, they have given the best answer they could, organising themselves and starting in prime-time
only thing they should do now is keep the odd wankers in line that caused all this in the first place ;)

pip

Banned
It is the loss of the relic and how you lose the relic that counts:(

Kvadi

One of Freddy's beloved
Flimgoblin said:

All your thread-closing has made your brain go soft m8. Sure, there's always some whine whatever, but to say there's only "slightly more" when it's not prime-time is rubbish. The volume of whine and the bad feeling caused by non-primetime raids is vastly greater. Try reading the threads instead of rushing to close them all the time. :eek7:

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
Kvadi said:
You need to grow up m8 and stop acting like the kid in the avatar. Rarely if ever see you saying any that could be construed as unbiased on these boards. :(

On the matter in hand... Gratz Albs. You were obviously well-organised and led last couple of days. Can't grumble when it's done in the right way and at the right time. :drink:

Ok dad. :touch:

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Enli said:
only thing they should do now is keep the odd wankers in line that caused all this in the first place ;)

i think you`ll find about as much control over the `odd wankers` (in any realm) as you call them , as the palestine governement has over palestine extremists... none... unfortunately.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Flimgoblin said:

Think there is a lot of differance (in whine) between a well lead/organized relic raid and taking it, then there is for a PvE'd one.
What's there to whinge after a relic has bin takin succesfully with a stlong defense?

Just dig up some old threads about primetime raids (failed or not), think you can see the appreciation for it from every realm.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Kvadi said:
All your thread-closing has made your brain go soft m8. Sure, there's always some whine whatever, but to say there's only "slightly more" when it's not prime-time is rubbish. The volume of whine and the bad feeling caused by non-primetime raids is vastly greater. Try reading the threads instead of rushing to close them all the time. :eek7:

Yeh Flims acting strangly l8tly tbh :p

abican

Fledgling Freddie
Kvadi said:

finally someone with some balls. ty m8 for this post rest of mids should take note.

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
albs think they r awsome cos they take a relic... fact is they have and always have had the numbers to do it....

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
lpep said:
albs think they r awsome cos they take a relic... fact is they have and always have had the numbers to do it....
think you may have lost this
dummy.jpg

there a good little boy dont worry you will get your relics back as that what rvr is about just do a prime time raid ie start between 19:00 and 22:00 and have some fun ffs

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
dont know, relics are abit anoying.

it has 2 sides of it in fg RvR.

First off the targets opposing a relic keeping realm has x amount less hp. x beeing between 10-20%.
Second, your as a relic holder get x amount better heals. x beeing between 10-20%.

Adding these two together, the difference between your targets and potentialy your own hp is upto between 20-40%.

It can be a disturbing factor in fg rvr and some people blame other groups success due to relics.

And when it comes to caster heavy groups, this becomes even more unstable.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
That's some strong math skills there. But I doubt the random Warder gives a fuck if you nuke him with 20% more or not on Staj. He is dead in stun duration anyway and if not a Bard buddy of yours will save you :p.

:touch:

Ah yeah, FG RvR and the pathetic whines and excuses... hmm, care!

stellaartois

One of Freddy's beloved
cmr said:
yet a succesfull prime time raid yesterday and still some are whining...

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
stellaartois said:
yet a succesfull prime time raid yesterday and still some are whining...

Some reactions from Mids

Bigbrother said:
and noone has any reason to whine , you outnumbered us good , think we had a max of 40 people in bg earlier today .. some of those bb's and no leadership , and no its not meant as a excuse , we win some we loose some

Kvadi said:
Gratz. No arguments, well-led, well organised.

Illu said:
Gratz Albs.

Could quote some Hibs gratzing aswell. Less bs'ing around and yes some do whinge on the part of beeing totally outnumbered and/or taking the whole midgard (kinda pointless, unless you wanne prove a point or something). Or even defending the keeps in midgard anyway.

But then again, guess some albs are addicted to whingin about whine :p

stellaartois

One of Freddy's beloved
ok to set this straight
1) i did said some still whining
2) not all r whining and indeed a lot take it as a true gratz on the primetime raid

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom