Are inter realm msgs a good idea?

O

old.Dillinja

Most annoying thing is when I'm alone in a base that I've just logged into, running around looking for the equip panel, and an inf keeps saying Hail and Hi there etc. to me. I pull my shotgun and fire off rounds in every direction, then get my cycler and hit nothing but air. Reminds me of Predator :p

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by old.Dillinja
Most annoying thing is when I'm alone in a base that I've just logged into, running around looking for the equip panel, and an inf keeps saying Hail and Hi there etc. to me. I pull my shotgun and fire off rounds in every direction, then get my cycler and hit nothing but air. Reminds me of Predator :p
#

You wanna worry... this is about the best I manage against unstealthed opposition!! ;)

Edit: Not sure where that ickle '#' character slipped into my post, but I am gonna leave it there anyway because I kinda like it :)

O

old.Dillinja

#

I thought you'd be more l33t than that Jupitus.
:p

Cool, isn't it?

X

Xtro

I've gained a few BR's lately and have changed my setup. Lost hacking and got a few new weapons and have been causing a bit of deathspam lately :)

I haven't had a single bad /tell from an enemy player, quite the opposite. When I've had a great fight I message them thanks or well played (if I have time) and have had a great response back. I was on early this morning and whacked a pilot who was bailing from a Reaver with my Phoenix. Him and 2 others had killed me twice as I was on foot - nice revenge and I sent him a msg saying so ;) Had a larf for a min about it and wished each other gl.

The only person I've had grief from was another NC...idiot was standing afk in spawn tube at a base under attack, had to shout move 4 times - no response to that or a tell so shot him in the head. I get "WTF YOU DO THAT FOR YOU FAG?!". If he had asked "Excuse me why did you just do that?" he'd have got a civil reply and apology. As he showed the signs of being a homophobic cretinous piece of vermin he got a more healthy anglo-saxon reply.

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by old.Dillinja
#

I thought you'd be more l33t than that Jupitus.
:p
#

Hehe - you ask almost anyone from Phoenix Legion and they'll tell you I am the most un-l33t of people they know, I expect :) (I've also posted so on these boards on more than a few occasions ;)). I'm old, slow, have terrible reactions, use 56k, I'm not a very good aim unless I get about a week to shoot, my driving skills suck (although I would challenge anyone here to race against my Cerbera in Gran Turismo 2, provifing I can use my lovely Negcom controller), I'm usually half-pissed after a hard day's work and that also adds to the amount of time I spend afk to pee and get a new beer.... now ask me to handle the negotiations to get your outfit into an alliance and I might be a tad more useful ;)

Cool, isn't it?

Yeah, and it's my # (tm) ;)

Cya later :)

Jup.

C

.Cask

Never sent one, never recieved one yet. Think most people are used to having global communications as with most smaller server FPS's, so they just deal with it and move on.

I think the inability to speak while respawning is a good feature. Like a cooling off period to give you a chance to resist the urge to say something nasty. Will have to see if more messages get sent if they let you speak during respawn.

J

Jupitus

Hehe - don't use /tell much, but was manning a turret on a base last night and had some guy well pinned behind a building.... he was popping out and trying to quickly launch a rocket without getting chewed up by my turrent gun, so it was kind of fun.... I was feeling so smug and confident as his rocket thingies kept missing that I tried to do '/tell xxx no chance :p'... I was halfway through typing it when one of his buddies secured the hack and the turret kicked me out :D

Haven't seen me run so fast before, I can tell ya :)

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by .Cask
I think the inability to speak while respawning is a good feature. Like a cooling off period to give you a chance to resist the urge to say something nasty. Will have to see if more messages get sent if they let you speak during respawn.

You can send /tell and /outfit messages while respawning, just click on the text box and type it. Winds me up that I can't do /squad messages though when I need to report exactly where I was when I died at the enemy AMS :rolleyes:

X

Xtro

How did it go this morning for TR btw Omni?

I so did *not* want to go to work, nice chatting to you before I went :) (Please note this is on topic as our chats were indeed INTAR EMP1R3 msgs etc etc)

J

Jonaldo

Got keeled lots by NC :mad:

Upped my kills by 18 according to the Planetside stats page but got whooped overall.
And Jonsson survived 6 rockets up the ass before perforating me with TR's own Chaingun.

Had some fun in a tower with some VS n00bs in my stealth suit tho, none had DL and while they were sniping against some other Terran I was saying things like "behind yoooou" then killing them. Not sure if they realised what was going on as they were just respawning, coming back to the top of the tower and continuing the sniping match. Was all fun till the Terran killed me, so I went back, capped the tower and ended everyones fun :p

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

I think it's fun to send some taunts into a fresh kill's direction. ;)

Some people act kind of strange, though - this morning I nuked a VS MAX out of the air with a Phoenix rocket and sent ";)" to the guy.

Ten minutes or so later - he kills me and sends ";)".

So being a good sportsman *cough* I wanted to congratulate him on the nice kill.

He had put me on ignore. Heh...

S

spyte

Originally posted by the_smurflord
I quite like inter-realm communication.

This morning:

Standing on the wall of some base, I got taken down by a sniper.
Seconds later I recieved a tell saying "That was for my brother" (a person in my daoc guild).

I here by announce I do not condone people killing the enemy in my name.... At least when they dont tell me where you are to join in the fun :D

P

[PS]Nova

Originally posted by Deady
Magriders seem to be getting better thesedays :(

Im convinced theyve secretely reduced the armour on the van somehow.

Naah, the old magrider drivers were just not as ub3r as me :)

Or not.... :p

D

Deadmanwalking

I keep getting mad germans msging me either asking what gun im using (guass) or akis lot asking me to heal them. Even when im on a dif cont :eek:

O

old.ivan

i actually love the chat system, ive had really good conversations with a number of people... heck i even tried to arrange sniper/knife duels while veryone else keeps on fighting :) But .. as per usual.. theres a negative side :

Ive been accused of cheating and bug abuse, using aimbots for sniper rifle, having more than 100 hp .... seeing through stealth without DV .. that prety much sums it up :)

PS: Silver.. some stealther sent me 'you are dead' message just before he tried to shoot me.... the reply was 'right back at you' after he dropped to kiss the grass :) But you are doing the right thing, people who chat while in the open need some sniper loving :)

A

aonn_elfclomper

Originally posted by SilverHood
its quite handy for a sniper

see a grunt moving across the distance

"/tell namexxx hey, spare a min to help a n00b?"
namexxx tells yousure, what do you need help with
the guy stops, and splat, he gets sniped

/tell namexxx just stand still so I can get my second shot in ;)
namexx tells ur sad bastard, i'm never falling for that again

namexxx was just sniped by silverhood

the sad thing is, I have done this about 10 times now

:rolleyes:

LOL i would have stoped and get killed :) hmm not by u thou i know u are an sneaky dude with a fair amount of tricks :)

J

Jupitus

Hey Omni! What was that you were trying to gloat about last night??? :p

I was sooo laggy I couldn't type back properly :( I'd have had ya though ;)

J

Jonaldo

There were about 4 of u TR's snip0ring you, I didn't get the last hit tho did hit you.
I'm now NC so it doesn't matter much :p

J

Jupitus

Guess you changing to NC makes this off topic then ;)

Was I easy to hit or did I move about a bit? ;)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

btw - jupitus aer liek teh 1337 r0xx0r!1

teh otha night he liek droped me from his gal (it wus a hot drop u no?) liek right on teh nme playas and i keeled liek 3 of tehm!!
he latur claimed it wus an accident!!1 lolz!

He also has a potplant and makes me dress up like a stewardess on his Gal flights. :(

p26-5.jpg

That's his potplant by the way... he stole it from some VS guy.

J

Jupitus

:D You gotta love having a guy like Unc in the outfit :D

M

Milkshake

Myself and 8 other friends set-up a blockade on Searhus.

3 people each warpgate, everyone with Phoenix's...blew up ANTs and Galaxies as they got near

Ended up most of the bases were turning Neutral :)

Got a few dodgy /tells then.....quite enjoyed it though :D

Users who are viewing this thread