Archers, scout's got... lemme see... hmm...

N

nerfdom

Scout melee?

Yo

Point i am trying to make (read above) i think is this:

There is a nasty descrepancy between the colour of mobs and the colour of players. Players seem to be at least a level higher than they show? I found this with my inf and i have again had it driven into me by playing a scout. If i can bring down some red mobs with my bow and hurt them with my sword how come i can't hurt or even hit a armsman and pala who are orange to me? Seems to me the mobs should have their colours reduced - red become orange and so on. To compensate for this xp can be increased on each type of mob. This way at least you are better prepared for BG/RVR player/player combat.

Above is a fair comment i think.

Anyone agree?

Peaceful - level 47 gimped thrust scout (awaiting respec)

T

Tranquil-

Originally posted by old.moriath

But then he has a lot higher shield than 7 as he doesnt have to put points in 2 weapons and stealth and shield they get 2 points per lvl and only 3 spec lines so he will block more anyway. I found the only way to beat a shield spec with a hunter is to strafe around and get behind them pull off the 6 sec stun and follow up and that way you have half a chance ... with block and parry its even harder to even hit a warrior / thane.

7 shield insent a lot to block back with

and the shield spec guy just needs to slam you and your basically dead unless you purge cause they have a lot higher dmg output with thier primary weapon.
I you wanted a melee archer should have gone hunter as they have higher melee / more melee dmg output

Scouts usually bring shield up just as much as tanks. Most go 42 shield for slam. I only said 7 shield because that's when you get the engage ability.

Also I'd like to add that dexterity takes a greater part in blocking than shieldspec. A fully buffed(300 dex) character with no shieldspec will block more than an unbuffed character with high shield.

Originally posted by Armalite
Ok, have'nt read anything but the first post in this thread, but it seems to be a common opinion that an archer class should be able to one-shot or nearly 1shot other chars. Excuse the language, but why the hell do most ppl think that??? There is no reason an archer should be able to do this? You think an arrow in you chest do more damage than a sturdy piece of sword/axe do? Stop whining about low damage, etc.. Yes you do need a few arrows to get some1 down, but evry other char need a few chops with his weapon to do this too!

You say you think it's a common opinion that archers should oneshot everyone when you haven't even read the thread? I think we got a winner here :rolleyes:

If you do a bit more research(as in rereading the first post), you'll find that there is not a single word commenting on archer bow damage. Where did you find that opinion you say is so common? It certainly wasn't in that post.

Archery damage isn't what is the 'common whine' anyway.

C

cear

There is no reason an archer should be able to do this? You think an arrow in you chest do more damage than a sturdy piece of sword/axe do.

erm , if u got shot with a arrow , id like to see u get back up ....
... with a sword if you were slashed in chainmail u might live to fight again .....but a arrow in the chest ... not really

T

Tranquil-

The point is that archery as it is IRL would be amazingly overpowered. Sniff

B

bishibosh

anyone who has taken a scout over lvl 24 recently should report in for neutering

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom