Archer v Assassin

Alhanna

Fledgling Freddie
I find that I can earn more RP's when playing my scout that I do when playing my Inf. I must admit to not liking a fight with Archer class who are geared towards fighting hand to hand more. One overall thing that I see wins fights for them is Ignore Pain, plain and simple. It is the main reason why I respeced my scout to be higher now in melee and IP with a good MOS and yes I see the attraction.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
xxManiacxx said:
Essence flare is resitable and purgable and on 30min timer....

Yes, but its also AE. It has the potential to 'stop' 10+ people temporarily from attacking (i know, wont happen, peeps will purge, CB feedback etc). FZ only works on 1 person, and you can stack up essence flares (need to put em on weapon tho, as they're gone when u log) , u cant safe up on FZ's :p

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Meradesh said:
Now it's more balanced with remedy boost to archers.

Remedy should be removed from the game completely.

You can see how stupid ability it is when a RR5+ assassin can take out 2-3-4 sub RR5 just because of that damn ability.

Its idiotic all together and can´t belive what Mythic was smoking when first creating the ability and then give it to all assassins.

Bondoila

Fledgling Freddie
Simba said:
I can't beat archers in 1v1. i can beat low rrs, but i can't do anything against ip2+fz+purge. and all archers running with that trio so pointless to try even. Fz should be purgeable as dragonfang purgeable too.
Most stupid thing someone have written on this forum. How can you compare a stun to something in a ml-line?

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Bondoila said:
Most stupid thing someone have written on this forum. How can you compare a stun to something in a ml-line?

because it is effectivly a stun? You cannot do anything to attack back, you lose all defences, you cannot purge it, but you can still be attacked by anything. Its grapple on a timer that doesnt stun the user and makes the target of it still attackable. Its the most retarded thing ever in stealth rvr.

In fg its an entirely different matter of course.

pip

Banned
On my hunter, I am melle, but I will always run with rapid fire on, being 35 bow,fz+ip+purge up they can kick ass,but when these abilities are down, I'm rp foder so I will rest in keep,till they come back up:) j/k. They are fun class to play archers are,but at low rr can be very frustrating espcially if you got no ras.Give more bow damage so we can slap down casters with ease.

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
pip said:
On my hunter, I am melle, but I will always run with rapid fire on, being 35 bow,fz+ip+purge up they can kick ass,but when these abilities are down, I'm rp foder so I will rest in keep,till they come back up:) j/k. They are fun class to play archers are,but at low rr can be very frustrating espcially if you got no ras.Give more bow damage so we can slap down casters with ease.

Bow need improvement when you go high in it tbh as you loose so much when doing so, bow don't need to be better at lower lvl's really.

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
From a melee hunter point of view (changed to melee at rr7 from bow spec), its good IF i get rear stun off. if i miss that, then its gonna be a close fight. If zephyr and/or IP are down then again its gonna be touch n go - u win some u lose some, hell its all good fun :)

I Win is usually (if and when it works), rear stun, odins wrath follow up (both of which get a boost in 1.83 \o/), zephyr away, engage/whirling spear till zephyr almost over, then rear stun again and finish off...oh and if u really wanna be nasty, kick off a battler debuff as well - insane dmg :)

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
Lethul said:
Habemus owns me badly :(

I never saw him before in RvR ( prolly cus I was inactive for a long time ) but he killed me to, nice ranger tbh :p

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
wittor said:
I never saw him before in RvR ( prolly cus I was inactive for a long time ) but he killed me to, nice ranger tbh :p

rp horny one for sure :x

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
about bow damage, you cant just look at it in the context of one on ones, say bow damage gets a boost at higher levels, groups of 2,3 and 4 archers would cause absolute havok. Assist bow is a very powerful tool so i would be reticent to adjust it (even though i have a 50 ranger). It would be too OP.

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
MOS5>critshot> couple of rapid fires off sunbow(hope it procs:p)> sun spear out>couple hits> 1 dead assassin.Add FZ if your gay and maybe a couple of /inducts for comedy value.What i wanna know is wheres Censi? stealther thread minus the green chavgod is like sex minus a woman( something Vipr knows alot about):worthy:

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Phantomby said:
about bow damage, you cant just look at it in the context of one on ones, say bow damage gets a boost at higher levels, groups of 2,3 and 4 archers would cause absolute havok. Assist bow is a very powerful tool so i would be reticent to adjust it (even though i have a 50 ranger). It would be too OP.

Phant :(

Bow is still the lowest DPS in the game next to sword and board
and has more counters than any other attack type in the game

But it is telling that people have to envisage scenarios of 3-4 archers when talking about balance
If you are gonna charge a bridge or a keep door, what would you rather face?
4 rangers
or 2 animists and 2 bainshees?

In fact it would be hard to think of any scenario where you would rather face 4 archers than 4 of the other classes a realm has available to it.

mixal

Banned
Castus said:

ahaha , we have a famous word in our country , this is abit about it .

Kill the hero but dont kill his past.
Hes good :)

Aran Thule

Fledgling Freddie
Phantomby said:

No more powerful then any other group assisting, and there are lot more defences against archery then other types of attacks.
Thing is that lots of people are complaining about 'melee rangers', main reason for this is that bow doesnt give enough reason to spec high, add this to all the defences (BT, shields, brittles, dot reactives, nearsight ect) and the fact that is slow and often bugged do you wonder why they spec this way.
I take it you know that we still cant put procs on bows and Leg bows dont do elemental damage, fletching is basically a dead tradeskill, these and many other problems have been reported time and time again but nothing is done.
I guess we will have to wait and see what happens in a future patch but i expect any developments presented will be shouted down by the other classes.

Onto the archer vs assassin bit, as far as mythic is concerned, whoever gets the jump on the other should win, so why they then introduces MoS i dont know.

Bondoila

Fledgling Freddie
bigchief said:
because it is effectivly a stun? You cannot do anything to attack back, you lose all defences, you cannot purge it, but you can still be attacked by anything. Its grapple on a timer that doesnt stun the user and makes the target of it still attackable. Its the most retarded thing ever in stealth rvr.

In fg its an entirely different matter of course.
Fz is given to the ranger scout hunters to give them the possibility to actually use the bow when geting jumped.
You can't compare it to a stun(stun goes of in like all fights) it's a 15 min timer on the fz and it's almost the only usefull thing in the soj line for a ranger. Being able to purge it would completly remove the possiblity to use the bow when geting jumped.

You never figured out why you actually flying away in the fz ? Could it be because they think it fair that the archers should be able to get some distance and actually use the bow? Too actually let the archer use what he could have speced 50 % of his spec points in.

If you like it to be as a stun, change the FZ to 1.5 min timer(9 sec dur), able to just push of on the enemy like ST and purgeable!!!

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
heh Ait :)
But most of the argument comes from the fact that archers have stealth and can choose when to crit shot. causing spell type damage that quick from stealth would anihilate people before they got a chance to react which would be too OP.

dont get me wrong im not archer bashing, i just think mythic have added too many tools into the equation (too frightened to remove stupid features so they add more things to counter the previous implementation so a balance is never struck).

Least brittles are down to one now, and PA goes through BT.

The leggie bows is a step in the right direction, least they get damage type choice then.

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Aran Thule said:
No more powerful then any other group assisting, and there are lot more defences against archery then other types of attacks.
Thing is that lots of people are complaining about 'melee rangers', main reason for this is that bow doesnt give enough reason to spec high, add this to all the defences (BT, shields, brittles, dot reactives, nearsight ect) and the fact that is slow and often bugged do you wonder why they spec this

True Aran ;D

And haveing played a Bowspecced ranger for awhile now I see it could use a boost if you spec more or less everything in that line, because atm you just loose out by doing so really.

Bondoila

Fledgling Freddie
Aran Thule said:
Onto the archer vs assassin bit, as far as mythic is concerned, whoever gets the jump on the other should win, so why they then introduces MoS i dont know.
Without the MOS the archer would always have to take a full perf chain. Also balancing out that the assassin already have detect hiden. And making sure that the assassin doesn't always get the jump.
MOS is the best thing they have ever implemented. It is also more fun fighting assassin vs assassin with MOS put some more skills to the game(who get the jump) also much easier to find fights.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Phantomby said:
heh Ait :)
But most of the argument comes from the fact that archers have stealth and can choose when to crit shot. causing spell type damage that quick from stealth would anihilate people before they got a chance to react which would be too OP.

dont get me wrong im not archer bashing, i just think mythic have added too many tools into the equation (too frightened to remove stupid features so they add more things to counter the previous implementation so a balance is never struck).

The leggie bows is a step in the right direction, least they get damage type choice then.

The only class I'm pretty sure to get a critshot of on is an assassin, when I have MoS/camo or SL up.
No caster should ever get critshot in a one on one with an archer, casters quickcast or moc to win the interupt battle, once interupted an archer is dead vs a caster.

Critshot is nice, but solo tanks/casters do not stand still in the frontiers, PA is said by assassins to be the hardest style ingame to pull off, however, you can practice your PA'ing skills and get better, with better positioning, reactions and a little foresight you can pull off the sort of sexy perfs you see in Eden's or Etrighells videos, perfing moving targets and looking good doing it.
However crit-shot relies not so much on your experience at playing an archer but rather on the opponents inexperience.

I've never liked the 'you have stealth you can pick your fights' arguement, whilst it is true to a cetain extent, once you remove casters with a brittle, pet casters, casters with CC or NS, shield tanks, hybrids with ranged interupts from the list of potential targets, you can spend 75% of your time wandering around and thinking to yourself
'I'm glad I have stealth, it means I can explore these enemy frontiers areas and take nice screenshots'.

Bow needs reworking to make it a viable spec choice
I felt my bow was balanced in the old BG3 caledonia, it kinda peaked at 35 spec, I could kill casters when I caught them unawares or unprepared, by the time I got to 50 and ran solo around odins getting /laugh spammed by Starquake (and other solo casters) for daring to attack them I realised just how shity a spec line it was.

Jox

Fledgling Freddie

The archer-assassin-balance have never been so good as it is now.

It was a joke in OF.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
seriously as i see it.....

assasins who lose to archers in melee 1vs1 fair.... SUCK!!!!

ofc if the RR diffrence is great. or the archer is a noob strafer or whatever

sometimes i dont haveto ip or use eny RAs, MLs, whatever... even purge.. to beat a rr7-8 Assasin.
but sometimes i get pwnt by like rr3 assasins :p
some assasins are so strong that if i used all abils i have.... i cant beat them.
respect to those guys

assasin whit a maxxed temp and some realm ranks can pwn eny melee archer

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
<wrote a 4 page essay on whats wrong, deleted it cus i bored myself>

The game is flawed in some aspects, but we continue to play...must be some form of enjoyment to be had, or have i accidently joined masochists annonymous? :eek2:

Blizard

One of Freddy's beloved
I have read the above post and cant believe so many people who play archers think that they are useless vs Assasins?
I also dont see why nearly all Archers reckon we need love. ?
I am totally happy with the way my Scout has turned out and the way i can compete against all other classes...
Yes, we need toys but all classes need them!
90% of the time, i have atleast 1 abbility up and that can turn the table from win or loose.
1vs1 is hard to find nowadays so most people duo or trio etc but put a decent Archer against a decent Assasin and the Assasin will loose!
There are a hand full at best that i have trouble with... in a 1vs1, not a duel where u wouldnt use FZ etc!
I know that im gona kick myself for saying this as they have been such a pain in the ass for me to fight but Echion, Grymligast and especially Dwera are all extremely hard for me. I would say i would die 90% of the time to them. But then thats the very small minority!
There are alot of good/hard assasins out there but i feel as an archer, i do fairly well most of the time.
As for Hunters, Ive seen Snornig kill 2 of my mates i was with, both scouts and she also killed me all at the same time! If played well, and you know what your class can do at its limits you can be amased in what you can achieve.
Regards Blitz.

Aran Thule

Fledgling Freddie
Phantomby said:
No, true shot goes through BT but is a 3 step RA, PA(penatrating Arrow) goes through PBT (not BT cast on self) and given the only ones that tend to run with it are wardens, rangers dont face it so no need to spec for it.
Leg bows do a lesser debuff of the damage type (as its supposed to proc more) but arrows still do thier damage type (slash/thrust/crush) which means the only point is using it is if using the same Leg weapons.
Mythic still say they cant introduce Leg arrows due to coding issues which i find strange given that you can get cold arrows from a midgard quest...

censi

Can't get enough of FH
tbh its all about resist buffs from my POV.

If I encounter resist buff assasin i hit for 100.

He hits me back for 150-200 with slash and PD3. I instantly loose 25% of my health due to con debuff. 90% of fights versus assasin I get malice debuffed. after that im lifebained and dot spiked. IF we left it at that ill be dead in prolly 6 seconds. while he will be on 70-80 % health.

so its like so like im down to 110 con. prolly around 500-600 insta damage from con debuff. Clever assasin waits for purge before poison spike.

Clever assasin maintains weapon skill debuff and lifebain will prolly never loose to a melee ranger tbh, unless he the IP and the FZ treatment which is like meaningless win or loose.

-------------------

Versus assasins without resist buffs tends to be a much more even fight and I can really get stuck in. Without it Im blowing timers left and right to keep up.

Assasins are like the strongest offensive melee class in the game by a long long long way, (mainly because of poisons). Key to playing assasin good is using the poisons well and re-applying when necessary. Most assasin that whine about melee archers being OP dont ever re-apply.

to cut a long story short. They need to sort out resist buffs, or else you just have all 3 realms running around with fucking ghey malice and random offhander.

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
or else you just have all 3 realms running around with fucking ghey malice and random offhander.

...well except Hunters .... we 're not allowed Malice....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom