Archer n00b

Stunned

Fledgling Freddie
So I rolled my first archer for some bg fun. Being a total noob with the archerthingy I have a few questions for the thuper expeths !

1. Arrows, I picked up some from CM without any deeper thought, Says extended range , improved something ... Would love some info on it. I could use at lev 20.

2. Shooting. When stealthed chosing crit shot then firing was no rocket science. But if "cant see your target" comes up. Can I change target and still have a crit shot loaded ?

3. Sometimes I pop out of stealth when drawin my bow, sometimes I dont ?

4. I could use some hints in general.

Keeg

Fledgling Freddie
Stunned said:
So I rolled my first archer for some bg fun. Being a total noob with the archerthingy I have a few questions for the thuper expeths !

1. Arrows, I picked up some from CM without any deeper thought, Says extended range , improved something ... Would love some info on it. I could use at lev 20.

2. Shooting. When stealthed chosing crit shot then firing was no rocket science. But if "cant see your target" comes up. Can I change target and still have a crit shot loaded ?

3. Sometimes I pop out of stealth when drawin my bow, sometimes I dont ?

4. I could use some hints in general.

1. Best arrows (just buy em at arrow merchant) in game is xheavy xlong improved accuracy - basically the arrow gives u the most dmg the biggest range and the best accuracy

2. Nope, have to crit again.

3. There is a chance of staying in stealth while drawing your bow based on your stealth spec. Higher stealth, less out of stealth pops

4. Tips:
Rapid fire owns for leeching
Penetrating arrow good vs casters
42 slam is nice so you can run the fuck away when in trouble
50 ench specced cleric is a must for 1hitting nowadays.

enigma

Fledgling Freddie
Keeg said:
2. Nope, have to crit again.

Wrong. You can just switch targets if your first target went out of line of sight. However, the new target still has to meet all the normal requirements for Critshot to land, not be running forward(doesn't matter if the target is stealthed or not, if running there's no critshot.) and not actively swinging a melee weapon on a target.

3. There is a chance of staying in stealth while drawing your bow based on your stealth spec. Higher stealth, less out of stealth pops

Just to add to this: Stealthspec = to your level means a 100% chance of staying stealthed when attempting a normal shot from stealth. A critshot has a 20% penalty which means you will never get more than 80% chance to stay stealthed while attempting a critshot from stealth even with stealthspec = to your level.

4. Tips:
Rapid fire owns for leeching
Penetrating arrow good vs casters
42 slam is nice so you can run the fuck away when in trouble
50 ench specced cleric is a must for 1hitting nowadays.

Penetrating arrow does NOT do ANYTHING against a casters self-bladeturn or against a runemaster/warden/theurgs PBT on that runemaster/warden/theurg. Penetrating arrow only works against bladeturns on targets that received the bladeturn from someone else.

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
scout ofc slam and u can 3 shot the target while stun easy kill players with no purge ; p :worthy:

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
Scouts are evil if your an archer, whip out shiled run up to you and slam, then get 2 crit shots off if purge is down :(

Outlander

Part of the furniture
I keep hearing different stories, which really is the most beneficial way to spec scouts in terms of going fotm slam or speccing weapon instead?

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Keeg said:
Slam - a scout specced for melee is a dead scout

HAHAHAHAHAHA, sorry, cluessless in some is funny.

Have you ever ever faced a scout thats melee speced and properly equiped towards melee?

Nice offence, high defence, strong CC, as well as able to kill from range...

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
melee scouts still do well whilst not as hard hitting as hunters or rangers, we have more defensive abilites.

You dont need slam to play as a scout though. thats a bonus gained from speccing shield high.

but imo whilst Jaem has a nice alrounder scout - bow/melee/defense - certain scouts - Matmardigan - have geared towards melee/bow ie 50 bow 44 melee 19/20 shield iirc

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom