applying for the police

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
has anyone here applied for the police?

im interested in knowing what is on the application form as ive heard its pretty hardcore in terms of volume.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Some Site said:
The UK Police Application Form - the first stage

This the first stage in the selection process. It requires you to provide a considerable amount of personal information to enable the police to determine whether you fit the recruitment criteria.

In addition, the application form contains 10 questions that you will have to answer. The first 4 questions are ‘Competency Based Questions’ (CBQ) that require you to provide answers demonstrating you have the basic life experiences and skills to enable your progression to the Assessment Centre stage. PCSOs have to complete 3 CBQ and 2 other questions. After submitting the application the answers are marked and graded ‘A’, ‘B’, ‘C’ or ‘D’. To pass the application stage you will have to attain a grade ‘B’, or higher, overall. If you fail this first stage of the process you will have to wait 6 months before you can reapply.

It goes without saying that you must take the greatest care in completing the police application form and, in particular, formulating your answers to the competency based questions.

Many people fail at this stage because they do not understand what is required.

Some googled site where you can pay for the service to help you fill out the form correctly. A link I tried for the actual application form got an error though.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
my friend has applied for the police, be prepared for a loooooong wait while they do their "background checks", its been a month already

Also they will probably get you to send forms in a few times because they "lost" them

Belgerath

One of Freddy's beloved
Applied for the Police in Northern Ireland a while back.

But because I was Male and registered as Protestant, Hetrosexual.

I was ditched because I had 3 undesirable things on my Application form.....

Funny enough the same 3 things as above.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Police are renouned at the moment for not being racist to black people but white males. If you are white male you have less chance of making it through. Thats the met, not sure about anywhere else.

It took my mate nearly 2 years to get through the whole process

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Police are renouned at the moment for not being racist to black people but white males. If you are white male you have less chance of making it through. Thats the met, not sure about anywhere else.

It took my mate nearly 2 years to get through the whole process

you are joking :eek7:
2 years to apply for the police?!?
No wonder noone is joining

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
2 years training to get into a job that's not respected, has shit pay and long unsocialable hours. No wonder they can't recruit!

Marc

FH is my second home
2 years training to get into a job that's not respected, has shit pay and long unsocialable hours. No wonder they can't recruit!

Maybe if 9 out of 10 coppers werent complete wankers, they would be more respected.

Before any police lovers jump on my back, may I just add that the above statement, is made out of my experiences with the police where I live. Cheers.

tris-

my friend has applied for the police, be prepared for a loooooong wait while they do their "background checks", its been a month already

Also they will probably get you to send forms in a few times because they "lost" them

i cant start untill i graduate anyway. its just one basket im putting my eggs into along with other law enforcement positions.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
I've had no problems with police, apart from the times where i was being a cvnt, which is deserved

Like on Saturday night my lil bro was getting really rowdy after the funeral and the police pulled up in an unmarked car and told me to get him under control or he will be spending a night in the cells. After i explained to him that we just buried our gran the day before he just said oh sorry for your loss, totally understandable get home safetly, but try keep it down just a little.

That could have went a totally different way if i was agressive or told them to fuck off. Police tend to retaliate more to people being rude to them. So 8 out of 10 times its the persons own fault for instantly going on the offence instead of just being polite

Chronictank

FH is my second home
if thats what you want to do , good on you

i personally would go mad having to deal with scum all day

On police: it takes respect to get respect, if i am politely asked questions then i have no problem at all with them
However i live in Slough, as with all things a select minority of Thames Valley Police tend to walk around with an attitude.
I was stopped 3 times in the same day because a copper thought i didnt look like i could afford my car (he actually said that) as i was doing some work around the house and had clothes i didnt mind ruining on

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
haha. in Denmark the police have had adds in magazines that had 3 words as a slogan:
Friendlyness, Tolerance and Arrests.*

honestly... If those are the words they use to lure youngsters into the police i fear for the next generation of police-officers.

*DISCLAIMER:
The words may not have been friendlyness and tolerance but 2 of equal "positive" value.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
If you want to apply to the police you'll need one of the following:

Shit attitude towards people
Be able to fully abuse power on command
Be able to assault people that are hand cuffed in the back of your police car in the middle of nowhere
Be a good liar

2 police officers arrested my brother awhile back for a minor offence, they then drove him a long way around to get to the police station, stopped the police car and punched him in the face 4-5 times (he had the marks to prove it) and a judge said he did it to himself because both of the police officers said so... like many other things in england the police force is also a fucking joke.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Some policemen are cnuts, some policemen are fuckin nice blokes.

Some doctors are cnuts, some doctors are fuckin nice blokes.

Some teachers are cnuts, some teachers are fuckin nice blokes.

See what I'm doing here?

To brand the whole of the Police Force as 'having a shit attitude' etc. etc. only displays a) ignorance and b) bitterness because of a situation on your part.

If you want to blame someone for the state of the emergency services; you need to blame the government and the officials, not the poor sods who have to put up with a country that has an extremely large amount of idiots within it.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Some policemen are cnuts, some policemen are fuckin nice blokes.

Some doctors are cnuts, some doctors are fuckin nice blokes.

Some teachers are cnuts, some teachers are fuckin nice blokes.

See what I'm doing here?

To brand the whole of the Police Force as 'having a shit attitude' etc. etc. only displays a) ignorance and b) bitterness because of a situation on your part.

If you want to blame someone for the state of the emergency services; you need to blame the government and the officials, not the poor sods who have to put up with a country that has an extremely large amount of idiots within it.

Completely wrong, the difference between police officers, doctors and teachers is this: Doctors and teachers can't get you locked up for shit you haven't done, doctors and teachers can't kick the living shit out of you and get away with it (yes who's going to believe someone in hand cuffs claiming to officers had just punched him in the face 4-5 times?)

You truely are the idiot of the year Bugz.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
You are kidding right?

We'll use a word to display the problems within the police force - corruption.

ANY person with ANY state of authority has the power to be corrupt. In EVERY profession there will be some corruption. I've seen children given detentions before simply because the teacher doesn't really like them - corruption. I've read of doctors taking medication home for themselves that they haven't been prescribed - corruption.

So quite clearly, you are the idiot of the year, with the ability not to differentiate between different careers with a link that combines them all.

Just because you are a bitter individual, who's had negative experiences of the Police Force doesn't brand the whole Police Force some of the obscenities you have used. I could list some positives I've had with police men that completely neutralise your situation - good points vs. bad points.

Belgerath

One of Freddy's beloved
Could be worse you could of had to deal with the RUC before they where changed to the PSNI.

If you have no idea what im talking about then google it ;)

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Tbh i agree with Bugz on this one. Like i said the times i've had bother with police was cause i was acting a muppet. Every other time i've been polite done what i was told and answered any questions they had

tris-

i leave you ladies to it.

pikeh has given me new knowledge there, as i hadnt found that out before.

ill let you bitches argue about how shit it all is between your selves.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I know someone who got pasted by a copper in the cells within a week they reviewed cctv so no broken nose brused face ect then when he left he had it. They gave him a nice settlement and 2 cops lost thier jobs.

I also know plenty of cops who are great people and mates have have been arrested when steaming drunk acting an arsehole ad cops have been good as gold to them.

I think 99% of cops are prolly decent people who do a job im not brave or paitent enough to do so good luck to them.

Mey

Part of the furniture
Tris if you going to do it after you graduate you need to definately get on the fast track scheme within seven years you'll be fairly high up. Im going to speak to my lecturer (he used to train them a few years back about it) and i'll send you a PM when I know more :D.

Good luck, i'm doing my application for the Specials at the minute (2 years of uni left).

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Tris if you going to do it after you graduate you need to definately get on the fast track scheme within seven years you'll be fairly high up. Im going to speak to my lecturer (he used to train them a few years back about it) and i'll send you a PM when I know more :D.

Good luck, i'm doing my application for the Specials at the minute (2 years of uni left).

mind sending one my way too? :)

tris-

cheers mey.
as far as i know isnt the scheme under review or something at the mo?

i guess ultimatley id want to be working in CID.

Mey

Part of the furniture
haha i'm planning for CID too, but we've got to do 2 year as a probationary officer. The fast track scheme has changed but there is a similar scheme [not 100% sure what its called but its definately for graduates only] (the 7 year thing, provided you pass all the tests and such you end up as a super intendant within seven years [apparantely.].) when i get chance to speak to him i'll send a message you ways (and you too chronic :D).

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
if thats what you want to do , good on you

i personally would go mad having to deal with scum all day

On police: it takes respect to get respect, if i am politely asked questions then i have no problem at all with them
However i live in Slough, as with all things a select minority of Thames Valley Police tend to walk around with an attitude.
I was stopped 3 times in the same day because a copper thought i didnt look like i could afford my car (he actually said that) as i was doing some work around the house and had clothes i didnt mind ruining on

well i dunno about you but if i see a "hobo" driving around in a brand spanking car i'd wanna ask questions to if i were a cop :p

but how did he see your clothes anyway? you got a 100% glass car or something? :)

Mey

Part of the furniture
To be fair chronic, he has to give you a reason to stop you, so if he thought you couldn't afford your car he has to tell you lol.

tris-

something to do with being expected that your living beyond your means i think.
my tutor was going on about it the other day. although he was sidetracking so i dont know anymore about it than that.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
sorry to clarify by "a copper" it was the same one each time
I think the third time might have been out of spite as i did make a sarcastic comment when he stopped me the second time :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom