Apathy

A

Apathy

I was sleeping. And I have other things to do besides play DAOC. Mwahahaha...you should have made a contingency plan for this day. YOU KNEW IT WOULD COME.

I am reminded of an episode of "The Twilight Zone".

The scene - Phukt and Adairy are sitting at home, staring at their DAOC-less computer screens. Tears gently roll down their faces as their lips quiver. A look of horror and loneliness pass over their faces.

Phukt - Oh it's too awful! We'll never get DAOC back!

Adairy - WAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

Phukt - WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

(Three hours of WAAAAAAAAAAAAHing ensue.)

The doorbell rings. Adairy answers the door. Upon opening said door, standing there is a smartly dressed man, looking very much like a salesperson.

Man - "Good afternoon, madam!" (For Adairy is a woman.)

Adairy - "I'm sorry, but whatever you are selling we are not interested. Please, leave us be to grieve for DAOC."

Man - "Ah, but I have come to speak with you about DAOC!"

Phukt, hearing the word DAOC, comes running to the door.

Phukt - "What? What? Did you say DAOC? Are you from GOA? Mythic? MI5? WHAT IS GOING ON!"

Man - "Sir, my name is Spamya and I call to offer you a once-in-a-life-time opportunity. You know the server is down and you know it is not coming back up for a looooong time. But what if it were possible for you to log in? Right now! And to be able to play play play!"

Phukt - "YOU TEASE! It's simply not possible. THE SERVER IS DOWN!"

At this point, the salesperson opens his briefcase and takes out a small box, on top of which is a button protected by a clear plastic dome. He hands this box to Phukt.

Spamya - "What if I were to tell you that, upon pressing the button on this device, you could make one wish and that wish would come true?"

Phukt - "I would ask what the catch is!"

Spamya - "Ah, you are a shrewd and intelligent man! Clearly you are from the Midlands, perhaps even educated at Wolverhampton Universiry! Yes, there is no fooling you and I can see that. There is something of a catch, but more of a condition. Upon pressing the button and having that wish come true, someone somewhere in the world will die. It will not be someone you know or whom your plain wife knows. It will not be someone whom any of your own acquaintances know. It will be someone you will never have met, someone who will not be missed from your life simply because...they were never present."

Adairy - "ROFL +1"

Phukt - "Quiet, wife! Spamya, we will have to consider this carefully. Not that I even BELIEVE you. But so desperate for DAOC am I that I will consider anything."

Spamya - "I will be back in 24 hours to collect the box. In the meantime, make your own decision. All you have to do is press the button and wish for the server to come back up."

And so several hours of intense moral, theological, philosophical, scientifical and analistic debate, Phuky and Adairy decide to press the button.

Instantly, the DAOC servers come up and the macros they had set in place to constantly retry logging in worked. Hurrah! Neither Phukt or Adairy even consider the death of someone somewhere in the world - one has AMG to camp and the other has Odin's to zerg.

Cheekily, Adairy presses the button again to make more wishes but nothing happens. The box seems to have become useless.

Spamya returns to collect the box.

Adairy - "So, what happens to the box now?"

Spamya - "Oh, it will be recharged with another wish."

Phukt - "And then?"

Spamya - "Why, it will be passed on. Passed on to someone neither of you know."

a.

A

adari

haha

funny story ;s

rofl +1 etc

btw i want to study at wolverhampton uni, did you knwo that or was that just a freaky coincedent/?

A

Apathy

Of course I sleep alone! As if I'd let any of my fuck buddies stay the night, giving the impression that they mean anything more to me than sex.

Pfft. And I find the insinuation, coming from a virgin, quite ridiculous.

Wolverhampton... :chortle:

a.

A

Apathy

But seriously. I've not had "sticky relations" with Rure. Absolutely not. He is like a little puppy or a little kitten and beyond corruption.

Adari sends his dirty pants to the lead singer of Coldplay, by the way.

a.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom