AOL Broadband Question

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Ok, I've got a mate at work that is on AOL (Sigh :() Silver. He's just got a second PC for the boy and wants to network everything up.

Now, I suggested two things :-

1) Run some Cat5 (Crossover) up to the other PC and share the internet connection.
2) Get a new ADSL modem with wireless support and connect everything up that way.

Now, looking at AOL's home netowrk blurb, they reckon that you cannot set up a home network if you have the Silver service and you must upgrade to Gold or Platinum. The problem is, the only difference I can see between the all is the speeds. Silver is 512, Gold is 1MB and Plat is 2MB.

Surely, if he just got a ADSL modem, put in the correct settings, username and password, it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference wether he was on silver, gold or plat, would it?

Just wondering if anyone has come across this before?

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Never mind. Turns out you can home network with Silver. Just that the kind people at AOL will tell you to fuck off if you ask tehm to help support it :)

Mates gonna get two wireless cards now and ad-hoc them together, then share the main PCs internet connection.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
People who use AOL dont deserve help. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom