Anyone seen Catacombs in the shops then? [UK]

Gamah

Banned
no I check HMV, Virgin, Game x 2, Gamestaion, WH Smith, even Dixions

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
No.

Called all my local software stores and none of them have even heard of it or got in on the "to be released on xxx" lists.

GOA are probably the worst company I have ever encountered, not just 1 thing goes wrong but everything does.

Litmus

Resident Freddy
ah, i was gonna take a gamble and take a look in my local GAME shop during my lunch break. But i dont think i'll bother now if most places have never even heard of it, let alone stock it. :(

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
it hasnt even been sent to anyone in the UK yet so it wont be in any of the shops.

legaoniel

One of Freddy's beloved
same here!

Litmus said:
ah, i was gonna take a gamble and take a look in my local GAME shop during my lunch break. But i dont think i'll bother now if most places have never even heard of it, let alone stock it. :(

...same here - seeing as how I only get half an hour for lunch it would have been a bit of a dash so no point now, lol!

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
I have phoned 6 game stores now, none have it, im gonna phone this afternoon after they take delivery...incase it's hiding in the delivery van.

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Play.com orders are saying 'Not released yet' .........

ian_heaps

Fledgling Freddie
u.k. shop will probably not get it until after the easter holidays. I believe we will not see this until 31st or the 1st. :puke:

Groha

Fledgling Freddie
Ive orderd it for play.com and no release as you just said so i just hope i get it this friday cause i cant wait til monday :(

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
if anyone finds it retail in oxfordshire let me know please

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
What happend to the fantastic marketing, planned to revive daoc? :p

nm, probably happend in france.

Sock Drawer

Fledgling Freddie
Play are showing it as a release on 1st April 2005 - and Amazon are showing 15th April.

Well, I edited out my last post - appears it's mainly GAME's fault - being a pack of arseholes. GOA, I apologise, and I hope Play ship it out straight away.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
i checked game hmv gamestation in chesterfield they all looked at me blankly as if i was on some kind of halucinagenic. Although thats normaly for most people in chesterfield.

Not too fussed if we had realised i would have asked our swedish guild member to pick up 8 copies and send him the money.

All you got to think is shit happens at least we can get ml8 done on mid excal :D

Simemir

Fledgling Freddie
I dont play anymore, moved to WOW....

but i have seen cata in Asda and Tesco in Liverpool / Wirral

legaoniel

One of Freddy's beloved
blimey!

Simemir said:

That's where I live - sadly I'm stuck in the city centre till 10pm..

Eroda

Fledgling Freddie
Simemir said:

Lol i hope your joking. Distributed to a fking supermarket but not to places that sell games. Actually would go down about right with the whole release :p

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Simemir said:

SERIOUSLY??!?

wtf lol, im off to asda!

popa

Fledgling Freddie
pre-orderd via play.com and there say release 01/04/2005
i will lose some day soo cant get my warlock lvl 50 soo fast

Simemir

Fledgling Freddie
I was in Asda and Tesco this morning looking for a miky bar easter egg.....

It is the one with something like a red Mushrooom cloud on the front isnt it?

or is that something else?

defo said Dark Age of Camelot on it??

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Simemir said:
I was in Asda and Tesco this morning looking for a miky bar easter egg.....

It is the one with something like a red Mushrooom cloud on the front isnt it?

or is that something else?

defo said Dark Age of Camelot on it??

Aye that's the one.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
looks like red mushroom sorta aye....just phoned fareham asda...they have had today's delivery...no catacombes in it, or mentioned for anytime soon.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
I just rang ASDA in Derby (biggest ASDA I know of in this area) and they don't have it.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Rang ASDA in Surrey [Only and biggest one]- They don't have it.

Lamont

Fledgling Freddie
Rang Asda and Tesco.. no joy from 4 stores, all of which are 24 hour places. Anyone been able to confirm the Liverpool store availability?

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
now spoken to 3 "Game" stores in the south that have taken their delivery, no sign of catacombes at all. nerf

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Well Just got Back from my main Town Southampton and have been to every Game stockist in the area here Game,HMV,Virgin,EA Boutiques and a few of the local Computer game shops and not 1 has Catacombs in Stock and most didn't even know when they would be getting a Copy of the Game.

The most information I got for the game was from EA Boutique who stated that they Expect the Copy in they stores by April.

I Have also Phoned a few of the Main stores Asda,Tesco and they have no information at all.

So I just wait it out now and hope my Copies arrive from Play.com which I Expect will be next weekend.

From this Conclusion all I can say is I think Goa's Marketing machine should all be looking for new Jobs they have not Marketed this fine game at all infact they are completely Useless and are getting Paid from our Subs to eat they snails and frog legs from my Hard earned money.My solution would be to them is to get out there promote the game even if it means wearing sandwhich Boards going up and down the High Street.

Waiting to Play Catacombs but can't

Soulja

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom