anyone play a sorcerer?

gritzy

Fledgling Freddie
sorc the best solo caster around imo, got a 45 body 29 mind, best solo spec ive tried, so much utility.
dont agree with wot u say on the aoe mezz being shit tho, as most of the time it gets purged or gp i just back it up with aoe root, blue con on a 52 sec duration ofc on a det V tank its not gonna last long but with high det tanks top line mezz is a few secs longer.
lifedrain for 570 cap on a 60% drain cant fault it with moc ur indistructable to a smallgroup or solo attacker.
and ofc the 45 spec nuke v nice dmg caps 666 tis slightly slower cast speed on delve but not noticable with buffs and RAs.
just make 1, ull see how good they are to play, DF is my playground :D

Spyf

Loyal Freddie
Kokelimonkelmedisin said:
and you are RR6?

This and the overpopulation problems that alb have is why I dont play a sorc otherwise Im shure it would be great fun.

Plz explain if I got something wrong here.

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Spyf said:
Plz explain if I got something wrong here.
GP has properly set an immunity timer on use for errr... about 12 months.

haggered

Loyal Freddie
thank you all for replying. alot of reading, my eyes hurt. but thanks. got on to three pages, thats the most on a thread i have started, usually get two replys saying go search forum etc.

couple of questions.

are pets hard to come by? and are good pets hard to come by?

does the cc and crack mean groups want you alot?

how do cabbies compare to sorcs in rvr?

again many thanks for any replys.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
haggered said:
thank you all for replying. alot of reading, my eyes hurt. but thanks. got on to three pages, thats the most on a thread i have started, usually get two replys saying go search forum etc.

couple of questions.

are pets hard to come by? and are good pets hard to come by?

does the cc and crack mean groups want you alot?

again many thanks for any replys.

Pets are easy to come buy since patch will allowed us to charm most things (provided you have some reasonable level of mind spec)

My experience with Sorc is that people will actively seek you out for groups. Get lots of PMs both for rvr and xp groups.

Sorcs are slightly more in demand for rvr than Cabbies, cc is a must and in absence of minstrel Sorc can provide both speed and cc. Damage wise Mind Sorc and spirit Cabby cap about the same, and with a spirit cabby debuffing for Sorc you will take down even enemy tanks fairly quickly. Matter Cabby plays very differently and personally my experience of them in rvr has been fairly limited except in particular situations like keep sieges.

Marc

FH is my second home
Spear said:
Giga try typing with your fingertips not your palm its very hard to read anything you write.

Wanker

Wildfire

Fledgling Freddie
1) Pretty-much anything's charmable and there are plenty of yellows in the frontiers. As for good pets though; in Emain you're going to be limited to a pet that interrupts and does its' best not to die embarassingly. Loghery Men are your best bet as they proc disease (always handy). In Odins on the other hand you're spoiled for choice really - I tend to go for an Icestrider Frostweaver each time as they're a ranged (cold, pwns if the group has a body sorc) nuker, have insta root which seems to go off every 10s (very nice to get tanks off you) and generally scare the fuck out of people because they're ugly. Stun chickens aren't bad but they don't proc often enough.

2) Short answer - yes.

3) Unless you're a debuffing spirit cabby these day's you're a bit of a poor man's wizard (and believe me, wizards aren't very well-off at all). Sorcs have vastly higher utility, are infinitely more group-friendly and will turn the tide of any battle if played well. Sorcs are essential to a group, cabbies are not.

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
agaist healer/tank groups CC is pritty useless, the tanks have high resists and det. That leaves trying to mezz the healers and unless you mezz them all thats a waist as they all have de-mezz spells.

Wildfire

Fledgling Freddie
Against tank groups perhaps the most important thing to do is to kite them (you will need plenty of end pots for this) - even the "best" tanks seem only too happy to run in circles a few paces behind a sorceror for the first part of a fight.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Lots of bitterness in this thread from sorcerers, and probably not unwarranted either. ;) However, having faced sorcerers in RvR as a bard, I must say that the bolt-range mezz is quite powerful -- the sorc can simply stay back and mezz from the rear of a group and usually get it off (well, at least against my own noob bard skills ;)). Very good class in all, in my opinion!

Belomar

Part of the furniture
haggered said:
(Spirit) Cabalists rock in RvR! :D But our job is more towards the damage dealing side than the support side than sorcerers -- as a Cabalist you will be debuffing, diseasing, and nuking (order dependent on what kind of group you are facing) and not that much concerned with CC. Like WF said, Cabalists are not vital in most RvR group setups (except specialized ones, like body debuff groups), while Sorcerers fit almost every viable RvR group template.

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
r 39 body, 37 mind any good in a wizzy grp?
coz my guild is think of making a wizzy grp o_O i know!!
for me it look really good on paper coz u get 2nd best spell in both mind and body, but i would like to hear if any have tried it out?

ps: TB what spec is u sorc for u wizzy grp?

Belomar

Part of the furniture
For an ice wizz group with a debuffing body sorcerer, you also need a mind sorcerer to do the mezzing. So don't go for some gimp half-and-half spec, in such an ice wizz group you practically need 46 body for the last ice debuff -- the resistance debuff nerf meant, among other things, that anything less than the 50% debuff will lower your DPS (for self-debuffers, though).

Hotrats

Fledgling Freddie
Wildfire said:
2) You spend what time you're not dead running around unbuffed because you've just been rezzed - no, your group shouldnt be bothering to rez you, if you don't get it right the first time you might as well stay on the floor. Unless you're a body sorc in a pbae group, your contribution from this point onwards will be minimal.
I would say that very much depends on the group your attacking and the length of the fight. Vs a tank group if you win first mezz but still manage to die very early in the fight the clerics could leave you dead if they absolutely do not have enough time to rez. However your group will have no secondary cc at all and the enemy tanks will run rampant, at least with the sorc alive you can root and debuff them a bit more (assuming you used str/con debuff at the start of the fight, but that only lasts 30 seconds anyway!).
If you died just before a remezz is due then a rez is fairly essential, although a good minstrel could cover for you.
Vs pbae groups having the sorc alive and uninterupted usually leads to winning the fight, if the sorc goes down the rest of the group usually follows.

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
For an ice wizz group with a debuffing body sorcerer, you also need a mind sorcerer to do the mezzing. So don't go for some gimp half-and-half spec, in such an ice wizz group you practically need 46 body for the last ice debuff -- the resistance debuff nerf meant, among other things, that anything less than the 50% debuff will lower your DPS (for self-debuffers, though).
then explain to me how hib pbaoer hit so hard, yea i know they got 20% from relics, but that cant explain it all :)

Wildfire

Fledgling Freddie
Two points

TB doesn't run PBAE groups any more. The core players from this little venture set up New Order [pimp](#neworder.exc / http://neworder.onlinecombat.com)[/pimp]. The setup is the same though, either running with 2 sorcs (mind + body) and 2 wizards (ice), or 1 sorc (mind) and 3 wizards (ice). Hibs hit hard because of the relics, and also perhaps because your standard rejuv cleric spec provides a lower resistance buff to their damage type (energy) than their standard reg druid spec provides to ours (cold).

With regards to rezzing, you have to bare in mind that once you're rezzed and rez sick, the duration on your CC is halved. When you factor in resists and determination after this, you're left with a pretty gimped player who's just taken a big chunk out of his clerics' mana reserves.

Hotrats

Fledgling Freddie
Wildfire said:
With regards to rezzing, you have to bare in mind that once you're rezzed and rez sick, the duration on your CC is halved. When you factor in resists and determination after this, you're left with a pretty gimped player who's just taken a big chunk out of his clerics' mana reserves.
I tested this on my buffbot ages ago and found it not to be true.

Hotrats

Fledgling Freddie
Wildfire said:
Loghery Men are your best bet as they proc disease (always handy).
Nothing presonal against you Wildfire:) but just gonna point out here its alp luachra's that proc disease, and loghery men proc a ST dex debuff (that delves for a little higher than the ST dex debuff sorc's get).

Wildfire

Fledgling Freddie
Meh, a guy can be wrong, neither of them ever proc for me. :( Im pretty sure the CC issue is true though, it seems to wear straight off and my ass gets pummeled a second or two later...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom