Anyone know how to cansel their FFXI sub?, I dont.... help ^^

Garnet

Fledgling Freddie
[QUOTE='Shy]Only cos you're a gimp, Garny! Normal Summoners don't have a problem! :wub:[/QUOTE]

Pfft wont be gimped in 9 levels .. :p

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
[QUOTE='Shy]Hehee, you still gotta find helps![/QUOTE]

less of a problem if you are the right lvl though :) (besides the ls might be able to help garny finally then:p).

Kokelimonkelmedisin

Fledgling Freddie
ST^ said:
Such as?

What Bugs?

What missing features?

* Its very annoying to like start casting escape (15 second cast) or accidently hit an Ancient Magic macro (also 15 second) then have to run around for that cast time if you want to get out of it, not beeing able to cast ANY other spells for 15 secs. Just something like the Esc key, its not like thats used for a whole lot of other things.....

* You can stack other potions, so why not hp and mp ones? Does the shape of their bottle mean they can't be grouped together like all those other ones!? I can understand maybe making a special sub stack of like 6 for potions or maybe even as low as 3 (ninja tools and arrows have a 99 stack so it shouldn't be too hard to make a stack of 3 or 6 for them) to prevent just hording a ton of potions to save you, but really non stacking of them is really lame that i dont bother to even hold any.

* Its just annoying to see everyone in the exact same gear (and in blm case, the same looking gear from lvl 8 to 39, where all the tunics have literally same texture "Isn't this black tunic supposed to be *gasp* black?"). It would also be cool just to have some individual flare to the game (and maybe for higher lvls some bonuses.

* A single-spell-queue, like in DAoC, would be very nice. It lets you queue one spell ahead at all times, so while you're casting fire, you can queue water. Then, once water starts, you can queue Aero. Buttonmashing can be VERY tieresome if you are a brd or whm.

Oh and for the future, dont put ppl down just cause they didnt care as mutch as you for the game. :touch:

Kokelimonkelmedisin

Fledgling Freddie
Garnet said:
A ton of bugs in the summoner class imo that should get fixed. One such as if your pet is out of range when using an ability then you loose the mp it costs to use, the pet doesnt do the ability and you have to wait 1 minute to redo a ability. ><

how about the one where you use a pet ability, the pet starts casting... then someone in the group changes one of the items they have equiped and the spell stops casting and u have to wait for the ability to reset.

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Kokelimonkelmedisin said:
* Its very annoying to like start casting escape (15 second cast) or accidently hit an Ancient Magic macro (also 15 second) then have to run around for that cast time if you want to get out of it, not beeing able to cast ANY other spells for 15 secs. Just something like the Esc key, its not like thats used for a whole lot of other things.....

* You can stack other potions, so why not hp and mp ones? Does the shape of their bottle mean they can't be grouped together like all those other ones!? I can understand maybe making a special sub stack of like 6 for potions or maybe even as low as 3 (ninja tools and arrows have a 99 stack so it shouldn't be too hard to make a stack of 3 or 6 for them) to prevent just hording a ton of potions to save you, but really non stacking of them is really lame that i dont bother to even hold any.

* Its just annoying to see everyone in the exact same gear (and in blm case, the same looking gear from lvl 8 to 39, where all the tunics have literally same texture "Isn't this black tunic supposed to be *gasp* black?"). It would also be cool just to have some individual flare to the game (and maybe for higher lvls some bonuses.

* A single-spell-queue, like in DAoC, would be very nice. It lets you queue one spell ahead at all times, so while you're casting fire, you can queue water. Then, once water starts, you can queue Aero. Buttonmashing can be VERY tieresome if you are a brd or whm.

Oh and for the future, dont put ppl down just cause they didnt care as mutch as you for the game. :touch:

you do know that except for the equipment part everything is the same for daoc aswell? Ok daoc has spell queues now, but didnt have that in the start and besides getting some feeling when the next spell cah be spelled isnt that bad (yes I have played a whm till lvl 30 and never felt like button smashing, besides that as whm you dont want to queue as you dont want to plan spells ahead as the situation can change).

The equipment, well all armour(off the same kind) looks alike in daoc, except for the epic things. FFxi has more different gfx for armours than daoc, but lacks the paint. However in daoc almost everyone goes for a similar paint anyway, so I rather have different looking armours per lvl.

the summoner thing is indeed a bug, but similar things has been in daoc enough aswell and still are. FFXI might be justifiable worse than daoc to you, but most of the stuff you said are things that daoc has or had aswell (mind you ffxi is much younger than daoc, so it has some time to get bugs out).

Kokelimonkelmedisin

Fledgling Freddie
Driwen said:
you do know that except for the equipment part everything is the same for daoc aswell?

no, cause its not!

Driwen said:
Ok daoc has spell queues now, but didnt have that in the start

yes, and?
moot point, Im missing it in FFXI... I dont care if/when/or how it was adden in daoc

Driwen said:
besides that as whm you dont want to queue as you dont want to plan spells ahead as the situation can change).

you havent played daoc have you?

Driwen said:
The equipment, well all armour(off the same kind) looks alike in daoc, except for the epic things. FFxi has more different gfx for armours than daoc

not realy, in daoc its rather easy to point at someone in the distance that you have played with before... in FFXI I wouldnt dream of doing that Id have to click and see the name

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
yes and till that happens Im playing smt else

well actually the bugs you mentioned are in daoc aswell, necro and animist are still bugged and interupts is also in daoc.
You might not see the bugs in daoc or accept them as part of the game, anyway dont think you are comparing them on the same level.
Totally on bugs I think FFXI is better off (less bugs), but just like yours my opinion might a bit biased.

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
yes, and?
moot point, Im missing it in FFXI... I dont care if/when/or how it was adden in daoc
you havent played daoc have you?

actually i have and I know that most healers dont use the spell queue as they find it annoying.
Personally as healer using queue isnt to smart and bards shouldnt be healing to much and blms shouldnt be casting(to spare mana) that much. So there isnt that much need for a spell queue, besides that you could make one yourself with macros(ok just 3 spells long, but it is probably as long as you want it to be as otherwise you end up planning spells way to far ahead).

not realy, in daoc its rather easy to point at someone in the distance that you have played with before... in FFXI I wouldnt dream of doing that Id have to click and see the name

mostly due to the weapon difference though. Anyway its a difference in what you like, I prefer to see more difference totally in the game than a choice (never really bothered with dye). In daoc through lvls you wont see much difference, but you got the choice to make the difference yourself. Tbh like the weapon+armour gfx in FFXI more and as I never really cared much for dye dont think its much off a loss and hardly feature that is essential.

Anyway it would be nice if daoc wouldnt have the need to use styles every turn and apply something like weaponskills and add stuff like renkeis into it and would stop adding stealing someones pull in the CoC and just hardwire it into the game.
Also would be nice if daoc would let you set up bazaars at every possible place (allthough CM's comes close to it, but you need some money before you can do that though) or have a bidding place like the Auction house.

Off course there are things that FFXI hasnt added or fixed yet that daoc has, but dont forget that FFXI has done alot of stuff that daoc hasnt done.

Kokelimonkelmedisin

Fledgling Freddie
Driwen said:
actually i have and I know that most healers dont use the spell queue as they find it annoying.

LOL

Driwen said:
Personally as healer using queue isnt to smart

LOL, it is to save you from buttonmashing and eliminating the 0.x second that spaces youre spells making it 0.0

Driwen said:
and bards shouldnt be healing to much and blms shouldnt be casting(to spare mana) that much.

No but they are playing songs ^^ (take it you havent played one). Its 2 songs per tank and 2 per caster ....you can macro this, BUT if you have to heal or do a statuscure you are in deep ship.. therefore its not wise to do... however if you could que the songs (like spells in daoc) you would be able to change youre mind about what to do next at the last second without buttonmashing.

Driwen said:
So there isnt that much need for a spell queue

I am NOT saying there is a need for it... Im saying that its fecking annoying TO ME, that there isnt and that I have to mash buttons ( feck ppl can hear it downstairs when Im playing FFXI cause of all the buttonmashing...)
And thats why I (note: I) quit the game

Driwen said:
stop adding stealing someones pull in the CoC and just hardwire it into the game.

Agreed, that would be nice in daoc.. and maybe now that they have added battlegroups they will do smt like that

Driwen said:
and add stuff like renkeis into it and would stop
they did add that, to a small extent anyhow... however renkels the way they are in FFXI would destroy rvr for casters.

Driwen said:
Also would be nice if daoc would let you set up bazaars at every possible place
yes, but it would add alot of lag if ppl never logged off

Driwen said:
Off course there are things that FFXI hasnt added or fixed yet that daoc has, but dont forget that FFXI has done alot of stuff that daoc hasnt done.
Anyhow I have no idea why you are defending ffxi saying its better then daoc... dont think I even compared it to daoc at first, I just used the features that are allready implented in daoc to make it easyer to explain what I missed in FFXI

and for the record Im not playing daoc, and I havent played it in 3 months or so, been playing FFXI and now Im doing EVE wich I find more enjoyable then FFXI atm

Astral\

Fledgling Freddie
Uhm if you dont like the game, dont play it. Not like we care.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Playing a shaman isn't the same as playing a healer, Mr. Ican'tspellmedicine. Spell-queues usually break more than they help for true menders - but anyway, that's beside the point. ( apart from Driwen being correct and you just being a laughable, pathetic little twat that think he knows something about any of the games mentioned in this thread )

Since you're shooting yourself in the foot with your silly little "bad feature" attempts, maybe, just maybe you should get the 'ell out of here and stop bothering us with your obnoxious presence?

I tried to be nice towards you at first in this thread, but you clearly don't deserve that. Now kindly stfu and piss off back to EVE.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
How did this guy play for what, a week.. and get ancient magic?

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
You obviously could be arsed, just had nothing to say.

Rhyna

Loyal Freddie
Okay, first of all it's entirely up to you to determine whatever you think of the game and i don't expect to change your view on things, however i do see quite a couple of flaws in your criticism.

About the bards:
No but they are playing songs ^^ (take it you havent played one). Its 2 songs per tank and 2 per caster ....you can macro this, BUT if you have to heal or do a statuscure you are in deep ship.. therefore its not wise to do... however if you could que the songs (like spells in daoc) you would be able to change youre mind about what to do next at the last second without buttonmashing.

I like the way how you say that Driwen obviously haven't played one and then show such a big sign of that you have no idea how to play it yourself either.
Most bards i group with does Ballad I and II at the mages as the mob is being pulled. Then when mob is engaged in combat, bard moves up to the meleers and plays +acc and +att. Then after combat is over, he/she/it heads back to the mages and cast Ballad again. It's not like being a bard means you have to scoot around everywhere, playing songs like a madman. If they do it this way, it also means that they're quite capable of backup healing or whatever is necessary.

My guess is that if it was possible to have stack of 12 potions in your inventory, you'd have alot harder time dying in a group. Since your inventory capacity is quite limited from the start (albeit it can be enhanced later on), it isn't much of an option to carry around 25 potions that will instantly save you from death, because that would make it impossible for you to get your share of the loot. It's the same thing @ Limitbreak 70 where alot, not to say all, uses potions in order to defeat Maat, but they use them along with other items. So they need to find the perfect balance between items to defeat him, and had they opportunity to hold 35 stacks of potions, they'd have to be one shotted in order to loose.

Besides that i can't help finding it abit funny that you are complaining over bugs that you've never experienced, for example the Arcane Magic one. Atleast i've never seen any Blm complain about that they had to run around incase they cast an Arcane magic at the wrong time.

And my own opinion on the spell queue system is that i'm glad it's not implemented. The best mages to group with are those that vary their style of playing. A whm that has time to debuff the mob, buff the party and so forth, beats a whm that just hits Cure xxx on the tank all the time. Sometimes you get hit by mob for like 10% of your hp, but then some rounds there's special attacks and it masses together to be like 80% of your hp. Were you a Pld you could heal like 5-10% of your hp back on the 1st hit, whilst the Whm was doing debuffs, buffs or whatever.

Again, you're entitled to having whatever meaning you want of the game, just try to put some valid arguments that you've experienced yourself instead of just taking examples that you've read on VNboards or such.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
You don't come across as an arse at all. No, honestly, not you! Never.

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
Potions suck anyways. Scroll of instant warp 4tehwin! (Or get a decent WHM in your group and you won't die anyways)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom