• No - pugs suck

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Yes I would join but not every week.

Votes: 7 16.3%

• Total voters

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
i would join if i had my account activated ><
(and if i was rr5, but im rr4l7 on my arms atm...)

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
lol rr5 requirement is no pug, that is a half set group :p, a pug can consist of rr1-10 chars so it's in truth a half pug.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
would lvoe a pug, either on caba or sorc, which should be rr5 in no time xD

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Might be nice, depending on whether there's any experienced players signing up, tho I'd have to see how things turn out in Hibernia, and the setup, etc.

Mauness

Can't get enough of FH
if you ever need a cleric and im not doing much, bug me.

nearly rr8.

Nailez

Fledgling Freddie
heretic always looking for grps RR5L2 rej specced ml10 banelord, BAoD2 DI2 etc

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
How often is regular ?

I can't join yet, given your RR5+ requirement, but would be interested one day

Darzil

phade

Fledgling Freddie
Ok noob alert here what is a PUG never heard the term before

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
i think its a group with no requirement, but tbh i dont know

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
phade said:

Pick-Up-Group.

Usually assosicated with random players that fill group spots to make a full group. Instead of the same eight players running day in, day out (which is a set group), these players may only come together once.

Basically what Gamah has adapted to this idea is still having the idea of a PuG with random people but based on a compatible group structure and a rr5+ breakline to allow worthwhile fights vs. the set groups.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Got a nice merc who would love some grp action :) rr5+ an fully toat :)

How can you have a regular PUG? Back in OF PUG's were just started by someone wandering around, inviting the first people he finds :p

Aeoric

Fledgling Freddie
phade said:

P ick
U p
G roup

Typically a bunch of players that happen to be available
at the same time and form a group for a few runs (until
they wipe twice and log, deciding crafting is more fun)

:twak:

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
Samaroon|Terracotta said:
How can you have a regular PUG? Back in OF PUG's were just started by someone wandering around, inviting the first people he finds :p
sometimes i still do that :p

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Many of the so-called "set groups" today are nothing more than "super-PUGs", consisting of a small group of people who know each other and have a sense of teamplay. Typically you will have a core of 2-4 people who form the backbone of the group, and the rest might change from time to time (even if they will be about the same people).

This is also the state of affairs that I think work best. You need redundancy in an RvR group these days; if you stick with only 8 people, the risk of stopping the group due to a single dropout is too high.

In other words, I don't think the idea is half-bad. However, I would recommend to go more of the "super-PUG" route--identify good players and arrange yourselves on a forum (not FH, it is too public), no need to make a new guild and force the members to leave their current guilds, and make sure you have redundancy in all the spots (i.e. 3 or more clerics, 2 or more sorcerers, etc).

Finally, you will need a strong leader who is not afraid to call the shots. I suppose Gamah should do all right. ;)

Note that this might not at all be what you had in mind, perhaps you are thinking of a true PUG except the above requirements. I just think a real PUG is far too much trouble to be worth the time. ;)

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
Aeoric said:
P ick
U p
G roup

Typically a bunch of players that happen to be available
at the same time and form a group for a few runs (until
they wipe twice and log, deciding crafting is more fun)
lol sometimes i make pugs that pwns quite a lot ;)

Dorimor1

Banned
Demon2k3 said:
lol rr5 requirement is no pug, that is a half set group :p, a pug can consist of rr1-10 chars so it's in truth a half pug.

What do you mean? RR5 is extremely easy to get now.

Good luck with the group.

Mufasa

Fledgling Freddie
Have a Caba or Merc that would be interested, mercs just short of rr5 mainly cause i get bored of being steamrolled solo :m00:

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Got a 6L5 sorc (44mind) and lots of evening/weekend playtime. Would have to be set nights and times though since I also have guild commitments.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Dorimor1 said:
What do you mean? RR5 is extremely easy to get now.

Good luck with the group.

difine easy, highest i got is r3l7 its really slow after rr3 imo... is there some kinda trick?

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
psyco said:
difine easy, highest i got is r3l7 its really slow after rr3 imo... is there some kinda trick?

Got rr5 in like 1 week, after rr11 it becomes slow but should be no prob ding rr5 in 1 weekend if you have a decent group.

Doink-666

Fledgling Freddie
I could probally m8, though sometimes I run in random KF mainly generated pugs, im sure depending how what times/days you wanted then i'd be fine. Could even fill in for a spot on a certain night if need be. With Shileag ofc :)

Doink-666

Fledgling Freddie
psyco said:

Theres no trick you generally get more rps :eek: when irvr is up just run with the zerg :p thats how most low people (and high people nowdays) do it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom