Anyone got an SSD?

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Tempted to get one of these but not entirely convinced. I'd never in a million years fit my Steam folder on one that's less than £200, so if you have one - does it make a difference with Windows 7 + random apps hosted on it as the boot drive?

Embattle

FH is my second home
Well I've a 120GB one and found it made a difference, although naturally I can't keep all my games on it but then I don't play them all the time. You might want to hold off for a whilre, due to the downturn development has slowed.

Ono

Part of the furniture
I've got an 80GB SSD. Intel jobbie.

Use it for booting Win 7 mainly and installing progs like Photoshop CS.

My game installations and Steam folders are all on a seprate HDD.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I've got one in my main pc and one in my lappy. they're nice :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Got one. Like the boot time and app loading n' stuff. Makes win7 seem a lot more responsive.

Steam=pain in the ass tho - I'd like to be able to choose where I store the games, so I could have L4D on the SSD (I do) but everything else somewhere else...

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Steam=pain in the ass tho - I'd like to be able to choose where I store the games, so I could have L4D on the SSD (I do) but everything else somewhere else...

Choosing where to install your games? Lunacy!

Chilly

Balls of steel
buy one now. by far the most cost effective upgrade you can make right now.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Cheers folks, very tempted now!

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
Got an 80gb Intel one and a normal 1TB drive, the SSDs purpose is pretty much just to run windows, which it does sheeeeet hot well. Every else goes on the normal HD

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Can anyone advise on what sort of SSD I would need to get for my laptop (Dell Inspiron 1525)? I had a quick look but can't figure out which will work or won't work.

Chilly

Balls of steel
tiny one, then when the adaptor doesnt work, buy the right bit from ebay or wherever.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
a 1.8" one? I had a regular one in my Sony Vaio Z. was shitting bricks while fitting it though :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom