Anyone else think the infiltration suit is just a wee bit too powerful?

S

SilverHood

Don't die often, but 9/10 times its those pesky fuckers who you can't see, even when they're blummin shooting at you

O

old.Tbird

BR6 and Dark Sight cures infiltrators very nicely thank you! Seriously once people have BR18 and 3 implants DS will become the norm and balance them out.

M

Meatballs

Inside buildings its quite hard, but in the open they are generally quite easy

W

Wij

You know the game is going to hell when a man with 4 lvl 50s invades :eek7:

U

unit

hmm well i need like 3 shoots directly into the head with NC shothandgun. Dont think u should die that easy..

W

Will

Originally posted by unit
hmm well i need like 3 shoots directly into the head with NC shothandgun. Dont think u should die that easy..
Headshots don't exist...you'll get them easier with a body hit.;)

A

adslrizla

Actually the hitboxes are so large that just firing in their general direction will do the job. Tis one of the more annoying bugs on MAXs that they actually fire from behind their body due to the size of the hitbox. Prolly best to remember that when you're circle strafing one :D

S

Scooba Da Bass

Infiltration are deffo not overpowerful, hold your mouse cursor still and an invisible infil will still turn the cursor red, skills (discovered on base def last night)

O

old.Iunliten

Inf to powerful...

Wrong game daoc section is some forums up.

Always bring your friendly shotgun for when hunting infs.
Darklight is unnessecary infs don't kill shit(except me of course but taht is because I am the uber sneak behind snipers, activate melee implant and light saber and 2 hit them)

Good snipers heres the buzz of the light saber though and turns around with shotgun/chaingun/grenades and turns me into goo though

N

Nozzer

Darklight renders it totally useless so, no, it's not too powerful. Granted they still have a chance to kill you if they're good, but 9/10 you'll see their shimmering first.

Mostly a threat to poorly-armed/defended/skilled people.

G

Gewny

hehe I am not equipt with good armour, yet I kill the infls mostly.

The only point where it annoys me is when they camp a respawn room somwhere not close to any figth (close to combats its very OK cuz its tacticaly important).

a good tactic if hes chasing you is to drop a nade, takes a bit training but if u get a plasma on him hes not gonna chase you alot :)

S

SilverHood

immaterial now, since I got Darklight vision

pop it on, and infils die in 5 shots.

O

old.pala hellraiser

hehe infils are good, they can be lethal... however I was normally playing my Vanu Quasar MAX (anti-infantry) and they were very little threat to me. The infiltration suit offers no protection at all, also it has hardly any storage space - 1 pistol and 4 ammo crates or a few grenades etc, you can't carry or use any of the harder hitting weapons.

And yes as already said, get DarkVision and just switch it on when you feel they're could be infils near and you can deal with them easily enough.

At Battle Rank 6 I got the audio implant instead (when activated, shows enemy soldiers on the radar when they are moving), which is great, I could go into a base that I was eathier attacking or defending and keep a watch on my radar and could see incoming enemy troops, including infils. I actually managed to kill a lot of infils by just watching where they stopped on the radar then firing like mad in their general direction :)

There is an implant that counteracts this, I can't remember what its called, so it's not the 'ideal' solution but it sure helped :)

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by old.pala hellraiser

There is an implant that counteracts this, I can't remember what its called, so it's not the 'ideal' solution but it sure helped :)

Cant remember what its called, but it makes your footfalls unaudable.

The audio implant you mention is excellent imo, works much like the motion tracker from the Alien movies.

P

[PS]Nova

Think it's silent movement or something. But I know the one you mean. Although there's not TOO much point buying this as an infil because the one that allows you to radar people when they are moving only works when they are running, and I move crouched almost all the time.

Although, my main is infil/adv hack and I don't kill people, I just sneak around and hack bases and stuff. It works a treat (seeing as the other day they had 20 NC in one CC in one base trying to stop me as I had stopped their hack twice in a row - I had enemies PM-ing me about it - until they got someone with darklight in there, which was annoying). :p

Doesn't work so well now that more people are BR6+ and have darklight but was great at first :p

Users who are viewing this thread