Any OLD(er) people going to see RUSH this year ?

Gengi

Fledgling Freddie
Hello People,
RUSH have announced their 30th Anniversary World Tour, 4 UK dates so far, London Birmingham Manchester nad Glasgow. I will definitely be going to one of the gigs, probably Glasgow and was wondering if anyone els who reads these boards was going to go and see them?

Later

Gengi

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I do remember them, and they did make some good records ina self-indulgent fashion :)
I shant be going, hope you have a good time though :)

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
They are so corny and devil-worshipererery that they are good.

Although the first post in this thread sounds like an agent trying to drum up ticket sales.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I dont remember em being devil worshippy, but maybe its meh old brain :(
2112 I remember, and Spirit Of Radio ...

Trem

I know nowt about em apart from the high pitched wailing type vocals and a reference to satan along the way.

Is that Rush?

Gengi

Fledgling Freddie
Trem said:
I know nowt about em apart from the high pitched wailing type vocals and a reference to satan along the way.

Is that Rush?
er that's Geddy Lee, his voice is a bit of an acquired taste :D Don't remember any Satan stuff, the 2112 album cover had a pentacle on it
B000001ESF.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Other then that just a band I remeber from my youth , best band in the world :clap:
It does look a bit ticket touty, I will give you that :mad:

Later

Trem

No worries chum, I wasn't having a go.

Gengi

Fledgling Freddie
I had realised that, I sometimes forget that not everyone is a RUSH fan :cheers:

later

GDW

Fledgling Freddie
Ignore their first album and anything after 1985 and you wont go far wrong. 2112 is a masterpiece.

Gengi

Fledgling Freddie
Tend to agree GDW, last Album I bought was Signals, listened to Grace Under Pressure and Power Windows a couple of times, didn't really do it for me. Kind of lost track of them after those albums, I did hear some good things about Roll the Bones and Bought the Chronicles set.
Saw the Signals tour in 84 or 85 and I just want to go back and relive my youth I suppose :D

later

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Farewell To Kings and Hemispheres \o/

Gengi

Fledgling Freddie
I have my ticket, will be wandering the streets of Glasgow on the 14th of September looking for a beer or 3, Christ I have not looked forward to anything this much for absolutely ages :D

Later

Gengi

Fledgling Freddie
Well, It was abso-fucking-lutely brilliant.

later

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom