Any alternative to Grabit ?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I use it on windows 7 64bit and astraweb as my newsgroup host and find that it doesnt exit properly and leaves its processes still running in memory which i have to terminate manually ...

Any other program that is as easy to use as this (ie) associate it with nzb click and download , repair and extract all in easy process that doesnt have the problems with my OS

?

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I have tried many others but none compare to Grabit. I have issues with it so I uninstall it then reinstall and it seems to sort it out.

No help at all, sorry.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Altbinz is ok if you're just downloading using .nzb files, a bit finnickity to set up but less resource intensive than grabit

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I have tried many others but none compare to Grabit. I have issues with it so I uninstall it then reinstall and it seems to sort it out.

No help at all, sorry.

cheers was the thing i came up against will try reinstalling it :)

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I'm on Win7 64bit and have no troubles with grabit so a second vote for uninstall/reinstall :).

Yaka

Part of the furniture
whats that when its at home ?

cmd based leech prog, sabnzb linked above is similar perhaps even more user friendly, and if you got an iphone then there a great partner app for sabnzb on app store

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Hah, awesome. There's an android app that allows me to browse newzbin, download the NZB's and send them to my desktop PC where SABNZB will download it for me. Or at least it will when I get it all set up. Niiice.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Hah, awesome. There's an android app that allows me to browse newzbin, download the NZB's and send them to my desktop PC where SABNZB will download it for me. Or at least it will when I get it all set up. Niiice.

Tell me how!!!

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
SABnzbd all the way!
It runs as a web service on your PC and it allows for one-click download, repair, unpack and delete.
SABnzbd.org : Home of SABnzbd+, the Full-Auto Newsreader

I use the SABnzbdIcon Greasemonkey script as well.
You need the Greasemonkey plugin installed on Firefox...
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/748/

...and the actual script is here.
http://www.skizzers.org/sa/usenet/SABnzbdIcon.user.js

What this does is add a new icon to Newzbin that lets you send the report straight into SABnzbd. From there it's as simple as sitting back and letting the download finish.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
if your using newzbin ;)

I tried it but didnt know about the grease monkey thing will give it a go again

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Search the market for Newzbin and there's an app there that searches it direct and allows you to pipe files to SAB or Hella. Not gone very far with it so I've no idea how effective it is. Looks good though.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
im using astraweb not newzbin tho so that doesnt help ;)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
ah i c the difference .. ok :) me being thick sorry :)

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuumpz0r!!

Right, I am twatted off with Grabit now, it fails to run most of the time if I open a NZB with it (rather than saving it to desktop then opening it through Grabit) so I am now trying this SABbacon thingy.

As a side question - will SABcheese install onto my ReadyNAS Duo and be able to run all the time on that as opposed to my laptop having to be on all the time I am grabbing things?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Or Sickbeard - that's also aces (tv show auto-downloader that pipes in to sab).

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Sickbeard = win.
Flexget = win (for torrents)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom