Antivirus???

Cynical

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone know what the best one is? Need to buy a new one for my PC.

Cynical

Fledgling Freddie
thanks, but those aare all old threads so the standards might have changed

Cynical

Fledgling Freddie
yes for a free one, but i want to buy one now.

smurkin

Can't get enough of FH
I like nod32...its slimline, wont slow down your system and its sensitive. The only problem is, its not brilliant at disinfecting in the event that the infected files cant be deleted.

As I speak, nod32 is only using 4 megs of memory on my system.

I really dont like the nortons...too bloated. MacAffee, same, but not as bloated as Norton. PC Cillin...well its ok, this would probably be my second choice.

/edit...try nod32 for free on timelimited...you can actually uninstall it with ease if you dont like it.

xane

Fledgling Freddie
I still use Norton AV, as part of Norton Internet Security. I buy a new version every year on eBay, it costs less than the subscription and much less than retail price, the whole Norton package is quite good IMO, I haven't suffered any major problems with it.

Embattle

FH is my second home
A recent Which review of three AV packages put the Zone Labs package first closely followed by Norton then McAfee. All got in the 90% range but ZOne won it due to its faster scanning rate.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Norton AV has stopped everything thats attempted to breach my Jordans-knickers level of security PC.

Highly recommended.

SawTooTH

Can't get enough of FH
NOD32, doesnt let anything on and beats Norton et al into a cocked hat. A convert from Norton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom