Antibiotics

Laddey

FH is my second home
Our peg has an 'embarassing' problem and she doesnt want to go to the doctors for it again.

She asked if about ordering antibiotics from a source online.

I told her i doubt it'd get through customs.

Am i wrong?

bainteor

Banned
I cannot say much because you don't specify the problem or the antibiotics you wish to order so I will just say - see the doctor. How many 'embarrassing' problems do you think they see every week? They don't care, it's their job :).

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Our peg has an 'embarassing' problem and she doesnt want to go to the doctors for it again.

That's what doctors are for (embarassing problems). Trust me they've seen it all, go see one. Health is not something to fk about with certainly not online.

Laddey

FH is my second home
I cannot say much because you don't specify the problem or the antibiotics you wish to order so I will just say - see the doctor. How many 'embarrassing' problems do you think they see every week? They don't care, it's their job :).
i agree 100%!

I went to the doctors because i used to get a migraine when i spunked. I wasnt embarassed or anything.

But shes like a little kid sometimes. She wont even order a takeaway :/

she's had the problem once before, a few years ago and she works in a pharmacy as a dispenser so she knows exactly what antibiotic she requires etc

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
she's had the problem once before, a few years ago and she works in a pharmacy as a dispenser so she knows exactly what antibiotic she requires etc

No she doesn't. Antiobiotics don't work like that. Tell her to get to a doctor.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Prescription medicines over the web?

That's one for the Darwin Awards.

Laddey

FH is my second home
No she doesn't. Antiobiotics don't work like that. Tell her to get to a doctor.
I've had tonsillitis 4 times in 4 months each time they gave me penicilline until i had an allergic reaction to them.

So how doesn't it work like that? I'm no doctor but they surely prescribed me the same antibiotics everytime

Prescription medicines over the web?

That's one for the Darwin Awards.

I'd thank you for your input but it was absolutly useless

old.user4556

Dispenser <> pharmacist.

Not even a pharmacist is qualified to prescribe antibiotics; they simply do what doctors tell them to.

old.user4556

I've had tonsillitis 4 times in 4 months each time they gave me penicilline until i had an allergic reaction to them.

So how doesn't it work like that? I'm no doctor but they surely prescribed me the same antibiotics everytime

I'd thank you for your input but it was absolutly useless

There are different preparations and hybrids of penicillin for treating different infections.

Laddey

FH is my second home
Dispenser <> pharmacist.

Not even a pharmacist is qualified to prescribe antibiotics; they simply do what doctors tell them to.
But if you do the same job over and over again, you gain some knowledge.
There are different preparations and hybrids of penicillin for treating different infections.
So they where in the exact same box, exact same stamp on the tablet but they've been prepared differently?

old.user4556

But if you do the same job over and over again, you gain some knowledge.

You could argue you get comfortable and complacent.

So they where in the exact same box, exact same stamp on the tablet but they've been prepared differently?

I'm only saying that penicillin is generally used as a catch all name.

Laddey

FH is my second home
You could argue you get comfortable and complacent.
If i worked in a computer repair shop, i'd gain knowledge in how to repair computers

I'm only saying that penicillin is generally used as a catch all name.
i understand that, even dogs use penicilline. She doesn't want penicilline though.

The question was, am i wrong in thinking items like antibiotics wont get through customs?

Starman

Part of the furniture
Personally speaking I wouldn't order any drugs legal or otherwise online. How the hell do you know you are receiving. You could get fertility drugs or something and grow massive man boobs :p

rynnor

Rockhound
The question was, am i wrong in thinking items like antibiotics wont get through customs?

They will get through customs generally - bloke at work buys his in bulk as cheaper than a prescription.

There was a big push to crackdown on prescription drugs bought over the net so it may be more difficult now.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Don't do it, Ladster. She should go to the quack & geta kosher bespoke prescription. Chances are, there probably isn't much your GP hasn't seen, whether from medical school or surgery. And if it clears up the problem, surely its worth a few minutes of embarassment?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Bet the GPs talk to their mates about it though, confidental my arsehole ;)

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
They will get through customs np, pm the name of the anti biotics you want and I could do em cheaper (but a week shipping time). I actually run a online pharmacy so I can get them cheaper.

And yea, Dr's don't care much and if you got something more then a pill or cream can't fix, they are worthless. Thy pretty much prescribe 3 antiotics, depending on if you are alergic to pencillin or it's resistant. Really are worthless in the UK ....

Chlymidia again? ;p

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Well, you have 3 options:

1) Go to the Dr, they don't care and suck it up. It's not bad at all, both me and the lady have been for various "embarrassing" issues and have only ever been treated well and with respect. It's illegal for them not to treat you like that.

2) Do nothing. Then end up on a Channel 4 voyeur fest where the rest of the country ridicules you for not going to the Dr for a problem for years, letting it spiral out of control and get much worse.

3) Order fake pills off the internet, they won't be what you ordered and could well be very dangerous.

Thread of epic stupidity.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Laddy, tell her to go to her doc.

and

Go with her.

This show of support in a difficult situation will score you massive brownie points. Also, you get to make sure she actually goes to see the doc, and as an added boon you won't get shit off the internets and have to watch her flopping around the living room while froth explodes out of her every orifice :/

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It's funny that you can buy antibiotics from a pharmacy in spain without a prescription, but we are scared in the UK unless a Dr says ok.

Gwadien

It's funny that you can buy antibiotics from a pharmacy in spain without a prescription, but we are scared in the UK unless a Dr says ok.

Yeah, it's a bit weird, it's also when the chemist tells you, oh here's some tablets, take them orally etc, erm, shit, I was planning to grind them and snort them through my ears.

DaGaffer

Yeah but that's why the effectiveness of antibiotics is in decline all around the world; too many people taking the damn things like sweets and not finishing the courses.

DaGaffer

Yeah, it's a bit weird, it's also when the chemist tells you, oh here's some tablets, take them orally etc, erm, shit, I was planning to grind them and snort them through my ears.

They have to assume you're stupid. I've genuinely seen someone try to take a suppository orally.

Gwadien

Yeah but that's why the effectiveness of antibiotics is in decline all around the world; too many people taking the damn things like sweets and not finishing the courses.

and it's the worst in the UK, I think, like you sneeze, and there's someone saying/thinking, OMG YOU NEED A PARACETAMOL OR YOU'RE GOING TO DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Laddey, just get her to her GP. If she doesn't want to see her GP because she's embarrassed, take her to YOUR GP. My opinion is if you have a problem with your genitals, you go see your doctor to get it sorted fast.

The point is that she needs a proper medical examination and opinion. She may work in a pharmacy and she may know her drugs, but she won't know if her "problem" is bacterial or viral. AB's work against bacterial infections. They don't do squat against viral infections.

Laddey

FH is my second home
Well, you have 3 options:

1) Go to the Dr, they don't care and suck it up. It's not bad at all, both me and the lady have been for various "embarrassing" issues and have only ever been treated well and with respect. It's illegal for them not to treat you like that.

2) Do nothing. Then end up on a Channel 4 voyeur fest where the rest of the country ridicules you for not going to the Dr for a problem for years, letting it spiral out of control and get much worse.

3) Order fake pills off the internet, they won't be what you ordered and could well be very dangerous.

Thread of epic stupidity.
The thread wasnt originally about getting prescribed drugs off the internet.

It was would they get through customs.

Thanks for your input btw guys

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Do not buy any drugs off the internet full stop. You have no way of knowing what they are. You buy a fake wallet online you lose a few quid, buy some fake or out of date meds online and you could end up dead.

On topic. They probably will get through customs yes, but see above.

And like people have said, the doctor really couldn't care less about embarrassing diseases or infections, they have seen them all before, many times. They aren't going to be ending their careers any time soon over the clap.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy

She asked if about ordering antibiotics from a source online.

I told her i doubt it'd get through customs.
So she knows exactly whats wrong with her, what dose she should take and for how long?

Self medicating is bad.

Do not buy any drugs off the internet full stop. You have no way of knowing what they are. You buy a fake wallet online you lose a few quid, buy some fake or out of date meds online and you could end up dead..
Or like my mate, only got 1 functioning kidney after buying meds online. The pills he ordered had traces of rat poison in them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom