Anti Hibs PBAoE tactics when camping gate rooms

E

envenom

mids should use thanes with that aoe thing they got

A

Arnor

Originally posted by old.Nol
The problem is they never leave, they sorta mill around there for ages, until someone in cg says "HIB FG @ MILL" then you see 100 albs all running at speed 1 making their way to the mill, skewing off in weird directions because they can't handle their own lag...once that fg is totally pwned!(justice imo) they zerg lag back to amg...

V

Vrollo

Good camping, best thing would be an earthwizzy but hardly any around and maybe some1 open door, likely suicide mission, jump down and let a sorc on wall mezz them or a cabby aoe dot them and then charge in with tanks.

Just trying to get through gate and move or watch for some victims when hibbies come out on the wall after they mezzed people in courtyard through window and start nuking them.

J

Jergiot

Originally posted by Arnor
Albs should do what they always do... SEND MORE MEN!

"Knowing the kill-bots had a pre-set kill limit, I send wave after wave of my own men at them, filling the kill-limit and shutting them down!"

hey why change what works :p

G

Garbannoch Nox

three easy steps to victory:

1) assemble on walls and stay very close to each other
2) all charge room at once and dont spam any aoe spells
3) all hit different targets and especially dont let loose of a mocing caster

D

Deskiziado

Sorc + another pet mage:

Send pet near door passive mode and stay. Duel sorc and spam no damage aoe (mezz, root, debuff) over pet

D

Driwen

Originally posted by Deskiziado
Sorc + another pet mage:

Send pet near door passive mode and stay. Duel sorc and spam no damage aoe (mezz, root, debuff) over pet

I am guessing that this is exploiting a bug though and will probably end up with you getting banned, if you get reported.

Probably best to set up gtaoe casters for the lordroom and if im right even resisted spell interupts? So doesnt really matter if its a lvl 1 GTAoE or a lvl 50 as the idea is to keep the PBAoE'ers interupted and let the people upstair kill them (ofc dealing damage with the GTAoE is nice too :p).
Now dunno how to deal with the moc, maybe just hope you can survive it or maybe charge and retreat while still GTAoE'ing the room. So the PBAoE'ers are interupted use moc and then pull back fast(!!!) and then when moc ran out charge again. However not sure if this would work :/.

Btw you dont need to run in perfect RvR fg for keep fights as the conditions are different. You have less use for melee damage and more for casters/stealthers.

O

old.XanateA

Never had any problems with camping hibs in room.

Just mezz and kill? spamm ae stun and mezz, root, disease etc dead

K

K0nah

Originally posted by Sharp Thing
lol, bc they use a tactic that fc cant beat they are lamers? haha, fucktard

we've beaten it plenty of times thx.

u call hiding in a room and spamming pbaoe anytime some1 comes close a 'tactic' ? rofl, of a 2yr old maybe. makes me laugh to think that 99% of all hibs have been pl'd to 50 and to rr8+ by one class and one spell.

skillz, heh.

S

Sharp Thing

Originally posted by K0nah
we've beaten it plenty of times thx.

u call hiding in a room and spamming pbaoe anytime some1 comes close a 'tactic' ? rofl, of a 2yr old maybe. makes me laugh to think that 99% of all hibs have been pl'd to 50 and to rr8+ by one class and one spell.

skillz, heh.
i dont ever recall fc beating us when we were camping that room

and its a tactic bc it makes it very hard for you to get to us, and can hardly cast on us while we can pretty much do what we want, and ofc its a very tiny area so that makes our pbae very effective.

ps: found arvakr yet btw?

K

K0nah

Originally posted by Sharp Thing
it makes it very hard for you to get to us, and can hardly cast on us while we can pretty much do what we want

thanks u just nicely summed up why i used the word 'lamers'

no-skill reqd.

arvakr? is that the best u can do? :D

O

old.Xanthian

Konah, im going to show you something..
You probably havent EVER seen this before, so be prepared.

/Assist

What you think ?

L

lathonial

keep doin what u do, great rps for the scout shooting from the steps

D

Deskiziado

Originally posted by driwen
I am guessing that this is exploiting a bug though and will probably end up with you getting banned, if you get reported.

Is that a bug exploit? Anyway i don't play sorc, caba or necro in rvr :) But sorc can send pet and release it at door and root-aoe mezz-debuff etc... If that is a bug killing players though wall with pbaoe should be a bug too :)

S

Sharp Thing

Originally posted by K0nah
thanks u just nicely summed up why i used the word 'lamers'

no-skill reqd.

arvakr? is that the best u can do? :D
what you mean pressing a button named MA assist and then amethyst slash requires skill?

and you stil havent answered my question, would surprise me if you could find excaliber

O

old.Lethul

Originally posted by Arkian
I'm starting to think that ignoring them maybe the best way, unless there were enough wizzies around, could always shout for Outlaw ;)

Still curious if anybody has tried using trebs to shift them, of if the mid groups like NP and JH even bother facing the hibs in that situation.

if its mmg, leave healers downstairs/outside and send in all det tanks..
if its amg, probably leave them cause of the 1-2fg inf pop. Pac healer spam amnesia if he gets a target and shammy farts etc.. for albs, hmmm :)

K

K0nah

Originally posted by old.Xanthian
What you think?

i think you need to leech your way to rr10/11 so u can be teh energy debuff bitch in garbas grp without standing out like a sore thumb ;)

S

sigh

Originally posted by old.XanateA
Never had any problems with camping hibs in room.

Just mezz and kill? spamm ae stun and mezz, root, disease etc dead

nice tactic for alb imho^^

D

Driwen

Originally posted by Deskiziado
Is that a bug exploit? Anyway i don't play sorc, caba or necro in rvr :) But sorc can send pet and release it at door and root-aoe mezz-debuff etc... If that is a bug killing players though wall with pbaoe should be a bug too :)

Uhm one is supposed to do damage/other effect at X range from the person casting it and the other is supposed to do its effect when you view your target (not through a wall). The problem isnt that the effect goes through the wall, but that you get the spell off.
Using duel so you can mezz mids/hibs is probably abusing /duel and exploiting. However if the sorc uses his own pet (which is a real mob) then it changes slightly as long as you keep the pet in los. So then it is probably a feature mythic didnt think off, but a valid tactic. Besides it wont give you that much of a jump (except for being able to mezz people at the door). Wouldnt know how goa/mythic would respond to it, but as said they will probably see it as a valid tactic as it doesnt uses any game mechanics against it meant purpose. However using /duel to mezz people from other realms is against its purpose so is most likely exploiting a bugg.

I

ingrid

Originally posted by Arkian
How do the mids manage to shift them?

mids have another way then the albs, we have AE stun insta

use it well skaldspeed + sprint
jump the window
insta ae stunn cast mezz or just insta ae mezz
(this can be realy useful with a reaver 2) just see to it u have a cleric spamming SH

all ends up with them being frozen, but as alot of others have said is the way i normaly persue it, leave em and move on.

S

sorusi

Originally posted by sigh
nice tactic for alb imho^^

sorcs can spam aoe amnezia very fast, breaking pbaoe boxes is not hard for any realm :p

D

diabien_hib

we did the room pbae tonight in odin, killed about 11 alb grps within 30 mins. if they wanna come feed us their choice, but dont blame us for doing it if your gonna be headless chickens, coz rps is what its about and boy did we get them.

S

sigh

Originally posted by sorusi
sorcs can spam aoe amnezia very fast, breaking pbaoe boxes is not hard for any realm :p

I would perfer to have multiple options, instead of relying on one person.:p

P

phule_gubben

Send in necro in shademode and drop a good GT and Gtaoe away. as easy as that

D

deerstalker

Originally posted by Tranquil-
Volleypower!

Yep.. place the Ground target by the door on the outside. and volley the room. can disrupt the casters long enough to charge them. If there are two or three volleying the room it's near impossible for them to cast :D

DS

S

sorusi

Originally posted by sigh
I would perfer to have multiple options, instead of relying on one person.:p
dont rely on 1 person in a zerg do you? :>

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by sorusi

what's a sorc?
oh wait most of them rerolled midgard.

AoE smite works well - makes them roll around the floor laughing so that the decent classes can go in and deal some damage :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom