Anti Hibs PBAoE tactics when camping gate rooms

A

Arkian

Not a flame at the hibs for doing this, I actually think it's a good tactic by them.

Any suggestions for how to dislodge the hibs when they are camping a milegate room? Particularly what should albs do, and don't say 'Zerg em' ;)

A

Ajanti

Albs should send in an infil and dragonfang4tehwin!11

S

Sharp Thing

Originally posted by Arkian
Not a flame at the hibs for doing this, I actually think it's a good tactic by them.

Any suggestions for how to dislodge the hibs when they are camping a milegate room? Particularly what should albs do, and don't say 'Zerg em' ;)
reavers, vp, gtae, anything that interupts tbh, and ofc amnesia for teh win

S

snozrick-retro

Yeah gtaoe does the trick as its a longer range and u can put the target right inside the room, if u have a couple of guys doing that, it will disturb the pbaoers and give your pals enough time to run in and smack em up :)

A

Arkian

Only problem I see is that the GTAoE tactics rely on wizzies, which 'everybody' :cough: says shouldn't be part of the perfect alb group setup.

Trebs any use?

O

old.arneduck

well, first of all learn to charge at the SAME TIME....

so many times albs/mids have given us free rp's by going in 3-4 at the time or something, just to get slammed and pbae:ed to death. :eek:

A

Arkian

Originally posted by old.arneduck

so many times albs/mids have given us free rp's by going in 3-4 at the time or something, just to get slammed and pbae:ed to death. :eek:

Maybe would help, but i've seen charges of 8 ppl from both doors (16 ppl) get decimated by the somtimes 2FG hibs (6+ pbaoers) inside there.

O

old.Wildfire

lol @ the "charge in" strategy

only a hib would suggest that tbh.

All it takes is patience and a couple of AE casters keeping their eyes open at the windows. VP is nice, reavers also come in handy. All wizards with sane specs have GTAE anyway.

P

Puppetmistress

* Try and get a amnesia spam in (sometimes hard, sometimes someone gives the sorc a nice target through the windows)

* Interrupt as much as possible with AoE spells (mezz/root/GTAoE/volley/PBAoE/reaver-chants)

* Retreat immediatly after an initial charge so RA's like MOC, GP, BAOD are down after the real charge.

A

Arnor

Albs should do what they always do... SEND MORE MEN!

"Knowing the kill-bots had a pre-set kill limit, I send wave after wave of my own men at them, filling the kill-limit and shutting them down!"

S

Sharp Thing

Originally posted by old.arneduck

yeah thats the best start, defentily, especially when the hibs have moc up :D

K

K0nah

How do the mids manage to shift them?

just ignore the lamers and wait til they get bored and come out?

A

Arkian

Originally posted by K0nah

I'm starting to think that ignoring them maybe the best way, unless there were enough wizzies around, could always shout for Outlaw ;)

Still curious if anybody has tried using trebs to shift them, of if the mid groups like NP and JH even bother facing the hibs in that situation.

S

Sharp Thing

lol, bc they use a tactic that fc cant beat they are lamers? haha, fucktard

G

Glottis_Xanadu

I'm starting to think that ignoring them maybe the best way, unless there were enough wizzies around, could always shout for Outlaw ;)

Just ignore them really.
Shame few Albs do that :(
I think those pbaoe milegate session are allmost as nice rp as playing a savage.
Regards, Glottis

A

ab_fluid

why's it lame? best tactic around for farming the alb zerg, serves the dumb warders right for camping amg

A

Arkian

Originally posted by ab_fluid
why's it lame? best tactic around for farming the alb zerg, serves the dumb warders right for camping amg

I personally think it's a good tactic, but i'd like to point out that in that situation (hibs in the room) it would be the hibs camping AMG, which the albs HAVE to pass through to go anywhere at all.

EDIT: Do the hibs try this at MMG? just curious.

J

Javai

Amnesia spam works especially if you got a few tanks that can open door for Sorc and a few who know to charge when they see pbaoe isn't going off anymore

O

old.Nol

We had close on 24 stealthers pop on us at AMG the other day, we managed to make it to the AMG room without a casualty. For 10 minutes we held off about 5 fg's who did the stupidest shit...then a cleric ran in and and did PB thing :(

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by walkerb
less zerg and we wouldnt have to go amg room^^

If you didn't go amg then you wouldn't meet the 100+ albs who pass through there peak time ^^

P

Pandemic

ignore them. at some point they will get bored and have to come out then gank them

A

Arkian

Re: Re: Anti Hibs PBAoE tactics when camping gate rooms

Originally posted by Pandemic
ignore them. at some point they will get bored and have to come out then gank them

Looks like ignore them wins the day, with the possible option of AoE/Amnesia spam if the right classes are present.

Thanks for all the replies, nice to see some constructive posts from all sides :) :)

O

old.Nol

Originally posted by bracken_woodman
If you didn't go amg then you wouldn't meet the 100+ albs who pass through there peak time ^^
The problem is they never leave, they sorta mill around there for ages, until someone in cg says "HIB FG @ MILL" then you see 100 albs all running at speed 1 making their way to the mill, skewing off in weird directions because they can't handle their own lag...once that fg is totally pwned!(justice imo) they zerg lag back to amg...

A

ab_fluid

I personally think it's a good tactic, but i'd like to point out that in that situation (hibs in the room) it would be the hibs camping AMG, which the albs HAVE to pass through to go anywhere at all.

EDIT: Do the hibs try this at MMG? just curious.

the only time we go to room is when we know theres an alb zerg at amg, we run up insta mezz em and leg it to the room, regroup and wait for the zerg to flood in

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom