antalya shawl vs som

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
this is the question. wich is the best for a solo template for a pally.

stats for antalya flowing shawl
Magic Level: 49
Magical Bonuses:
Constitution: 16 pts
Strength: 16 pts
ALL Primary Melee Skills: +4
Item Bonuses:
Strength attribute cap: 6
Constitution attribute cap: 6
Melee Combat Speed: 2%
Magical Ability:
Function: Health Buffer
Absorbtion: 50%
Value: 150
Target: Self
Duration: 10 min
Cast Time: 3.00 sec

+easy to fit in a template
+nice caps and bonuses
+nice look

-no ablative proc like the one on som

SoM stats
Parry +3
Strength +15
Quickness +15
Stealth Lore
Bonus to melee combat speed 5%
Bonus to armor factor: 10

proc
L10:Fatigue +4
Defensive Proc
Illusion
Target: Self
Duration: 10:0 min
Casting time: 2.0 sec
Also casts: defensive proc

+nice proc on shade form
+decent stats
+stealth lore

-harder to fit in a template

well i got acces to both but have no idea wich is best to use, can you give arguments for wich is best and such.

sorry for the long post, just want you oppinions.

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
u already know my opinion m8, i choose for SoM and it gives 5% melee speed wich makes it also nice to fit in templates and the shawl is rly expensive ;p(but if youre rly lucky and you win it on roll its not expensive :p), and SoM looks cool too imo :p, for soloing i would always choose SoM over shawl because of the defensive proc

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
You've sort of answered the question yourself.

SOM is the better cloak, FAS is easier to template around.

There's no "better cloak". What there is is a losing of the SOM ablative to get better stats/resists. Until you know which stats/resists you can get by taking FAS over SOM you can't answer the question.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
lol, after all that your thinking of dropping it?:p

DavidH

Part of the furniture
SoM >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Antalya Shawl by far
But, I'd still use Harpy Cloak for more toa bonuses \o>

Volkkor

Fledgling Freddie
i rather take FAS as a pally since a pally is hard to kill anyway the abla is just extra , if you get like 400 hits 101 con in your temp etc you will be v hard to kill , and when you get hit as a pally when they eventually get thru your blockrate and you have som procc on , what's the chance of you getting hit again 1v1

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
if u can get almost same stats in temp without shawl u should definatly go for SoM :) dont think theres a doubt about that

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
psyco said:
lol, after all that your thinking of dropping it?:p

No i'm not thinking of dropping it, i'll try and make a template with both of them.
also remembered i have a lvl 10 harpy cloak.

my pally is 2h and rvr spec to.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
I'd say SOM and sell me the antalya.

More antalya's for me the better, they wear out so damn fast :flame:

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Dorimor1 said:
Shawl for the looks, SoM for the performance

Shawl is the biggest bastard for putting an emblem on...

Especially when its light red etc, Its pink ffs :E

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
Kagato said:
I'd say SOM and sell me the antalya.

More antalya's for me the better, they wear out so damn fast :flame:

out you vuötures, i'm not selling my antalya! go find another thread to terroeize.

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
Golena said:
You've sort of answered the question yourself.

SOM is the better cloak, FAS is easier to template around.

There's no "better cloak". What there is is a losing of the SOM ablative to get better stats/resists. Until you know which stats/resists you can get by taking FAS over SOM you can't answer the question.

That's not true, SoM is *not* the better cloak, SoM simply has the better proc. The stats on FAS are far superior to those on SoM. SoM is absolutely rubbish, the *only* reason people use it is because of the proc.

You can make a far superior template with FAS for a solo Paladin, but you simply can't afford to because every stealther you'll fight will have SoM, you need to use it too. It sucks, but there you go...

Turran

Fledgling Freddie
There is no "Better" cloak, It's whats fits into your desired template imo

Drucken

Fledgling Freddie
Go with SoM imo, one or two procs from it can like settle a shield tank fight, and if you're fighting dual wielders they will go through your shield with an unstyled lefthand alot and SoM is a good defense against that too.

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Moaning Myrtle said:
That's not true, SoM is *not* the better cloak, SoM simply has the better proc. The stats on FAS are far superior to those on SoM. SoM is absolutely rubbish, the *only* reason people use it is because of the proc.

You can make a far superior template with FAS for a solo Paladin, but you simply can't afford to because every stealther you'll fight will have SoM, you need to use it too. It sucks, but there you go...

Hmm...but if SoM procs (for example) 2 times in a fight then it's util exceeds FAS by a fair margin...how many cloaks do you know with +400 hits?

(just playing Devil's Advocate here...not an easy choice, but I'd go for SoM if I were making a solo template)

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
Killswitch said:
Hmm...but if SoM procs (for example) 2 times in a fight then it's util exceeds FAS by a fair margin...how many cloaks do you know with +400 hits?

(just playing Devil's Advocate here...not an easy choice, but I'd go for SoM if I were making a solo template)

Of course you're right, but I did acknowledge that myself. The only reason SoM is good is because of the proc.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
DavidH said:
SoM >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Antalya Shawl by far
But, I'd still use Harpy Cloak for more toa bonuses \o>

I like the look of harpy

Looks like a bearskin rug!

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Moaning Myrtle said:
Of course you're right, but I did acknowledge that myself. The only reason SoM is good is because of the proc.

And I was trying to point out that saying that is like saying "Ancient Copper Necklace is only good because of the resists". :)

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
The problem with thinking like that is SOM has such piss poor utility that fitting it into your template will usually mean you have to suffer weak spots elsewhere in your stats, skills or resists to make up for it.

I've always prefered to be good 24/7 with no weak spots then great for a limited time and weak the rest.

You cannot afford to have any low resists these days, specially with legendaries becoming spellcraftable and therefore more desireable next patch.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Use SOM and work your template to fit it in...it's perfectly possible. It does proc an awful lot.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
You cannot afford to have any low resists these days, specially with legendaries becoming spellcraftable and therefore more desireable next patch.

Do existing legendaries become spellcraftable, or only newly made ones. A post of Sanya made it sound like it might be retro-active.

Darzil

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
Darzil said:
Do existing legendaries become spellcraftable, or only newly made ones. A post of Sanya made it sound like it might be retro-active.

Darzil
i think the old ones r spellcraftable too but not sure tho

Darzil said:

Darzil

99% sure it said in patch notes, only newly created legendaries will be able to have sc'ing put on them :)

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Samaroon|Terracotta said:
99% sure it said in patch notes, only newly created legendaries will be able to have sc'ing put on them :)
The old ones are appareantly bugged on the US at the moment, having the stats disappear after zoning, but they're working on a fix as to make it possible to sc the old weapons as well as the new ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom