Answer from GOA

Amuse

One of Freddy's beloved
Any1 have any idea on how much time GOA usualy uses to reply to a mail..

Send mine on friday, and its ben 6 days now...

geting kinda bored here, and mad at GOA for taking so much time to give me a small password! :twak:

starting to think they are sending it thourgh the old fashion mails (the ones on paper :eek7: )

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
If my experiences with GOA are anything to go by, never.

But then I know others who have had replies in a week.

Amuse

One of Freddy's beloved
Send a friendly mail to Erivoss asking this same questing.. duknow if i will get a reply though.......

Margaret

Loyal Freddie
I've actually had a response from RightNow within a couple of hours of submitting a query. This may have been a one-off, though.

Iskander

Fledgling Freddie
Amuse said:
But that is RightNow, not subscription@goa.com.. :(

Yup, seems Rightnow answer time is not to bad, as they always answered my questions in a number of days. the subscription email is something different though. Although I never had to use it myself I did hear a number of people complain about it, so I wouldn't bet on a swift reply

liste

Fledgling Freddie
if you requested subs password, it's going through Snail mail i believe. if its the game pass, they should send it to the email adress in your account details. I'm afraid to ask, but are you sure the email is correctly listed?

Amuse

One of Freddy's beloved
liste said:
if you requested subs password, it's going through Snail mail i believe. if its the game pass, they should send it to the email adress in your account details. I'm afraid to ask, but are you sure the email is correctly listed?

it might have ben changes.. cant remember as it is so loong since i tuched that account.

but i added that to the mail i send to them, and asked if they could send me the pass at the mail i send to them from.

and it didi say "Customer firstname LASTNAME" on the reply i got, confirming they they got my mail (the automactic thingy), so i guess the e-mail adress has not ben changed.

Edit: and by Snail Mail. do u mean a slow e-mail, or a slow paper mail? :)

Edit2: Heading for bed now, and hoping for that password tomorrow.. Night every1

Aremeriel

One of Freddy's beloved
liste said:
if you requested subs password, it's going through Snail mail i believe.
:( Oh no... How am I gonna pay next sub then? IF they've already changed my pass though...

Amuse: I also sent the mail on Friday.. ;)

Monkee

Fledgling Freddie
i sent an e-mail to GOA about 10 days ago asking for them to re-send my passwords as i had lost them!

Luckily i found me lil piece of paper so was fine, but i still havent had a reply from them :(

Amuse

One of Freddy's beloved
Monkee said:
i sent an e-mail to GOA about 10 days ago asking for them to re-send my passwords as i had lost them!

Luckily i found me lil piece of paper so was fine, but i still havent had a reply from them :(

But they probly noticed that u loged in/payed your account, and didnt bother to send the mail.

As for me, i got the answer today, and thats 6 days after i send the mail :clap:

alittle slow, but bether than the 3 weeks my cousin had to wait for hes password.

Monkee

Fledgling Freddie
still took them 3/4 days though! Why did they take off the re-send option from the website?

Gronau

Fledgling Freddie
I haven't played for a year, and because I changed my job I moved house to a different part of the country.
I also changed my email address because the old one could only be accessed if you were actually connected to the internet via that particular ISP.

Now I find that because I didnt keep my account details updated for a game I wasn't playing, GOA won't send me my password either to my new email address, or my new home address.

I have offered them the CD keys for both DAoC and Shrouded Isles, and also the credit card details of the same card I have been using for the last few years. If they checked the credit card they would see it now has my new address!

Apart from sending them a DNA sample, Im not sure what else to do.......I have paid money for a game, and because some git hacked into the servers I can no longer access my account.

:kissit: thats what I think of GOA at the moment.

Matchstick Man

Fledgling Freddie
Bah, only been waiting 4 days for my password, looks like a few more days wait, nerf GoAs customer service, well english customer service anway, french and germans seem to have it pretty good...

Thorarin

Fledgling Freddie
Gronau said:
I have offered them the CD keys for both DAoC and Shrouded Isles, and also the credit card details of the same card I have been using for the last few years. If they checked the credit card they would see it now has my new address!

GOA use CD-Keys to check, but they are hardly proof. They do not have access to your credit card data at all, so they can't use it for identification. Furthermore they've once told me that it's somehow illegal to use credit card information for identification in such a manner.

Vepo

Fledgling Freddie
When I sent them an email asking why my 2nd account sub password and login was invaild, it took them over a week to reply. :eek7:

Just shows you how much they value there customers.

Gronau

Fledgling Freddie
Thorarin said:
GOA use CD-Keys to check, but they are hardly proof. They do not have access to your credit card data at all, so they can't use it for identification. Furthermore they've once told me that it's somehow illegal to use credit card information for identification in such a manner.

Looks like I will have to send them a finger for analysis then....

Aremeriel

One of Freddy's beloved
Got my new password today. For the record, I hadn't forgotten it or anything, I just wanted to get a new password for security reasons.. ;)
Paid my sub yesterday and logged in with old password then, so it actually took them a week to reset a password. If I had taken that long with resetting a password at work, well, you can figure the rest out yourselves..

Oh.. And I got the password on e-mail, not snail mail

Amuse

One of Freddy's beloved
Darloch said:
Finally I got my subs. password, after 8 days of waiting. :)

Gratz m8, seems that Norway is coming back to DaoC now :p

or.... atleast 2 of us :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom