Another new pc thread.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Get paid on Friday, so help me out here.

Pretty much decided on getting the Shuttle sn25p. I need a recommendation of what AMD processor to get, what graphics card to get, and what ram to get.

I am looking at putting a couple of WD raptors in there, 2 gig of ram.

As for price, not looking to spend more than £800.

And can anyone convince me to get the sli ready sn26p instead? I'm umming and ahhing over wether I would bother to buy a second card in 6 months or so for a speed boost.

Ta in advance.

Dommers

Fledgling Freddie
waste all your money on 2 nvidia 7800 gtx 512mb. who needs a proccesor?

On a more serious note. I would reccommend chucking a 7800gtx 256mb in there. maybe a 3800+?

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Been looking at those sn25p meself, I wouldn't recommend buying the sn26p if your budget is £800 though since it would eat into that majorly (as it stands the sn26p is over £400 at the mo).

For RAM OCuk have 2 gigabyte sticks going for £123, which is nice, though not certain of the quality (clicky)

Heck, going for more from OCuk there's an Nvidia 6800gt for £190 (clicky 2), although in all honesty I don't know if they fit into the shuttlecase, maybe someone else can clarify :p.

The sn25p would be ~£280ish from whereever (OCuk Ebuyer Aria)

You could try a 3800+ for ~£200 (ebuyer example). I think that brings the rough pricage to just about £800, probably be a bit over once all the peripherals and optical mojo have been taken into account. Sorry this isn't exactly informative, i'm a bit rubbish at suggesting specs really :(

edit: feck, forgot the damn HD, bah, feck again, back to the drawing board.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I'm looking at the x2's right now. And I'm wanting the top end ones :(

I rekon sn25p £280ish, http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.asp?sku=309862&cks=PLS < This CPU £350

I'll stick with my 1gig of ram I have now, so I am looking purely at a graphics card for now. So Nvidia or ATI?

Forget the budget for the harddrives, I already have the cash put aside for those :)

FuzzyLogic

That chip's marginally cheaper at ebuyer (clicky) right now, though I know some people here avoid them with a passion :p

As much as i'm an ATI fanboi, I feel obliged to recommend a 7800gt over the x1800 series, it's just, bah. Plus the OCuk one comes bundled with CoD2 at £226 ;) (clicky) (I feel like such a whore mentioning them again but then again, I haven't bothered opening any new windows, heh) Though there's always the Ebuyer equivalents if you miss the offer (one two)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Been looking at the silverstone sff's. Anyone know anything about them?

Your first link is to aria fuzzy!

Hmmm... Is there a mis-print on komplett. Says 2mb cache on the cpu, all the other sites list it as 1mb.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Chet, I have two 7800gt's and tbh it's not worth it imo. Get a single card and blow the diff on a big cpu!

FuzzyLogic

Heh, sorry Chet, was in a bit of a rush to get out and must have pasted whatever was in the clipboard *abuses rights and edits* :p

I imagine Komplett mentions 2mb cache since each core has 1mb cache each in the 4400

Edit: About the silverstone cases, i've only read reviews for one of them but the general concensus was that they're solid cases and worth the money, from memory I think the largest caveat withthem was their size (bit on the big side).

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
The silverstone option looks like too much hard work, I'm hoping some of the prices of the kit I want drop over the next week :)

Panda On Smack

Can't get enough of FH
I've got a 7800GT and a X2 4200+

I dont have knowledge of alternatives but what i have is great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom