Film Another Hollywood Rape

megadave

I am a FH squatter
It seems World War Z is getting the I Am Legend treatment. Hollywood has once again taken a popular book and completely ignored the entire narrative. For those who aren't familiar with World War Z, here is a synopsis of the book:

Rather than a grand overview or narrative, World War Z is a collection of individual accounts in the form of first-person anecdote. Brooks plays the role of an agent of the United Nations Postwar Commission who published the report a decade after the Zombie War. The interviews chart a decade-long war against zombies from the view point of many different people of various nationalities. The personal accounts also describe the changing religious, geo-political, and environmental aftermath of the Zombie War
And now the film:

"The story revolves around United Nations employee Gerry Lane (Pitt), who traverses the world in a race against time to stop the Zombie pandemic that is toppling armies and governments and threatening to decimate humanity itself."
The only similarities seem to be there is a United Nations worker and there are zombies. Why even bother purchasing the rights if you just ignore the content of the book? Dickheads :(

Not to mention that they're making a zombie film as PG13. How the fuck does that work? Money grabbing greedy cunts.

Even Bryan Cranston can't save this.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
It wouldn't be a hollywood film plot without the phrase "a race against time"

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
But but but but

ZOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMBBBBBBBBIIIIIIEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111oneoneoneone

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
it makes sense....pg13 gets a bigger audience...more bums on seats = more $$$

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I still have not recovered from the cluster fuck of 'I am Legend'

Something so perfect and something that would have been a refreshing change for movie goers for once!!!! BASTARDS :p

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You know what to do - riot - riot and kill all of the thick people. If they weren't alive then we wouldn't be getting fed the utter utter shite that Hollywood keeps shitting out.

So kill them, burn their property, mangle their children etc. etc. etc.

Edit: Fucksocks. The fuzz have just knocked through my door. Looks like I'm in for a 4 year sentence for my entirely serious post that has definitely contributed directly to the death of chavs :(

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
If its a zombie film, yes.

or well, you cant have a zombie film without it should I say.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
PG13s often equate to 15s over here. The amount of violence you can put in a 15 these days is pretty high you know.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
They're filming it in Glasgow right now (Glasgow has a grid system of streets, looks American), my Facebook friends have been uploading photos of things all day long.

Personally, they should show up to George Square and film it on a Friday night; it's a war torn zombie apocalypse naturally.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
More to the point, who has read the book and is it worth a read?

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Yeah it's good. I read it expecting just a zombie tale with a broader scope but you get way more than that. The audiobook is really highly rated as well from what I've heard.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Its a great book, heard about a rumour of a film a few years back with Brad Pitt as the lead and written by J. Michael Straczynski which I thought was an odd mix. After doing some research, think I'll give this a wide berth.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Forget the book, it's great, but it could never faithfully be made into a film which more than the zombie fanatics (me included) would pay to see. It just doesn't have a story. That's the point of the book, it's basically a bunch of short stories all in one place. To get average Joe film goers to pay it has to have a story.

Now, be thankful that there is going to be a big budget Hollywood zombie film made, and enjoy it for what it is.

And again, forget that it just happens to share the same name as the book.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It may not be faithful to the book, but Mr Babylon 5 himself directing and Brad Pitt starring? It cannot fail.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
It may not be faithful to the book, but Mr Babylon 5 himself directing and Brad Pitt starring? It cannot fail.
Is that sarcasm? :p

It's actually not theBabylon 5 guy directing, he did the original screen-play that got leaked and was a steaming pile, it's the guy who directed Quantum of Solace doing it.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Fuck zombies. Fuck 'em in their rotting orifices. Boring boring boring.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
World war Z would work better as a series though, as a movie this might work if they keep the pressure and utter hopelessness intact.

Could be the guy interviews a lot of folk, which would be more in kin.

Who knows, expecting it to be good, might be disappointed.

Now a comedy'esque film about zombie survival guie would be fun (no zombieland is not!)

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Took a walk onto the set tonight! Picked up a piece of a yellow taxi that must have been blown up on the road given the scorch marks. Also some weird 'deep south church' signs that said "he is risen from the dead, he is coming". Also, there was a mock dairy farm entrance off the road along with typical American speed limit signs. I'm guessing they chose this location for the Grangemouth refinery backdrop.

Google Maps

Soazak

Part of the furniture
pg13 Zombie film :(

Will be worse than Vampire movies without blood.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well it looks like a fun zombie flic. I think i'll take it as one of the stories brought to life.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Just looks so bad, the wall of zombie gimmick and the fact they are fast, makes me die a little inside. If they followed the book they could have had tension where the UN investigator wanted to give out a true account of the War and his higher ups wanting him to sugar coat it. Being set during the outbreak, really misses the point (as well as most of the film by the looks of that trailer) In a world where The Walking Dead, does so many things right about the Zombie genre, they can't release something so bad.

opticle

Part of the furniture
You know what to do - riot - riot and kill all of the thick people. If they weren't alive then we wouldn't be getting fed the utter utter shite that Hollywood keeps shitting out.

Stupid people have just as much right to express themselves as non-stupid people ;)

Who am I kidding ? Burn them all, this sounds awful :(

It's sad that I'm no longer excited when Hollywood purchases Rights to books I like or releases sequels to movies I loved - I'm scared.

Unless Peter Jackson / Joss Whedon / Chris Nolan are at the helm, then I'm curious and hopeful.

But I don't feel good about it until afterwards :cry:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Some of it filmed in Scotland, saves money on creating a post apocalyptic zombie infested set I suppose!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom