Another expansion...

Tilda

Censi, the thing with DR is, its not needed in rvr at all.
There are no must-have abilities you get from CL's. Similarly, although the weapon is nice, you could use an arti staff instead.
Also remember, that to a player thats never done it before, toa, dr, catas, si, leveling etc could be good fun.
When I dinged my first charachter 50, I had 23 days played on it, and have no recollection of sitting at mobs thinking, ffs i'm bored.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
DR is needed.

If i go up against stealther with +250 hits thrust debuff weapon, parry buff etc they will have advantage.

its another small margin but u have to get it.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Rather than whinging your lazy arses off, why not suggest content that you WOULD like to see in an expansion. Most of you whinge about anything XP related, anything that takes a couple of clicks, then complain about lack of content? The only other things Mythic can put in the game is fluff items like horses.

Don't like the game, quit. Goodbye!

Otherwise try posting something constructive for one, so come on. Lets hear your ideas..

Idea 1: Revamp crafting and trinketing, it's pants. Trinketing shouldn't take as long as it does and crafting shouldn't be as boring, allow more items from mobs to be used in crafting with almost guaranteed gains to encourage hunting. Make these items drop for various mob levels, encouraging people to use small groups or instances only accessable with a GROUP of lower level chars.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
censi said:
so thats like 12 days played to get ready. so 8 hours a week thats 36 weeks just to get his character ready for the end game.

Heaven forbid people actually get a game to play ;)

I remember when anything less than 20 days /played to 50 was seen as crazy...

(fing was 42 days /played, but I did take my time).

You can go RvR in the BGs at level 24, no artis, no MLs. If you want instant-ganking this isn't the right game ;)

Plus when they get to 50 and TOAed and MLed up they're still going to get their arses handed to them by RR11 players.

I've still got 6 RRs to go on glamis before he's ready for PvE - grinding RR's really sucks.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
4 days played to ding ml10.

You need a better raid leader, averaging 9.6 hours per ML ??

Plus you can combine them with levelling if you start at 40. There is good xp on some of them (ML5/7 expecially). I always try to start at 40 so it isn't a grind.

Darzil

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, I mean, if you can't ding 50, ML10, RR10, TOAd and artis leveled in less than 5 minutes, obviously the game sucks! :(

Anyway, I am personally looking forward to DR. I enjoy doing quests, and seeing the king should be funny too. Always wanted to do that since I started playing. ;) The horses will be nice too, though I don't really know if I'll be using them a lot. I'm usually just teleporting around which leaves with very little room to actually walk. And if I know beforehand I will be walking lots I log onto my minstrel. I'm not sure, but minstrels, do they go faster than the fastest horses? And does the speedsong speed up horses?

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
I like the fact mythic are still trying to keep the game going, however they could really use a patch with just existing fixes/updates - lets face it - crafting is the thing that needs most attention at the moment - yes its designed to be another huge timesink - which i can understand from their perspective - but cant it at least be a huge INTERESTING timesink?

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
TheBinarySurfer said:
I like the fact mythic are still trying to keep the game going, however they could really use a patch with just existing fixes/updates - lets face it - crafting is the thing that needs most attention at the moment - yes its designed to be another huge timesink - which i can understand from their perspective - but cant it at least be a huge INTERESTING timesink?

And how about after you go through that timesink to be able to trinket without waiting forever (I have 3 mule toons and one house vault full of items to salvage that I just cba to do).

Also I'd be up for paying some plat for premium parts that would guarantee MP items. The reason I don't craft for anyone but myself is the fact that it will take hours to produce 5 mps that people will need.

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Flimgoblin said:
Heaven forbid people actually get a game to play ;)

I remember when anything less than 20 days /played to 50 was seen as crazy...

(fing was 42 days /played, but I did take my time).

You can go RvR in the BGs at level 24, no artis, no MLs. If you want instant-ganking this isn't the right game ;)

Plus when they get to 50 and TOAed and MLed up they're still going to get their arses handed to them by RR11 players.

I've still got 6 RRs to go on glamis before he's ready for PvE - grinding RR's really sucks.
Problem is getting lvl1-50 is kinda boring solo? No groups around for the new guys.. Maybe we should make some AI NPC xp´ers? ;p Or we could pay some goa people off to level with them..

See the problem here flim?

I love this game, and i would hate to see it die, but honestly it will happen if they dont do something. New people give up afaik.
This is why wow is so popular.. Its easymode compared, for new people.

Tilda

censi said:
If i go up against stealther with +250 hits thrust debuff weapon, parry buff etc they will have advantage.

Link to this weapon?

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Deepflame said:
I'm not sure, but minstrels, do they go faster than the fastest horses? And does the speedsong speed up horses?

Yes, if your character has a faster speed (i.e. minstrel f.ex) than the mount then the mounted toon/horse will travel at the characters speed. At least thats what I have read.

I think horsie speed is 150% so caster and speedclass speed will be faster.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Darzil said:
You need a better raid leader, averaging 9.6 hours per ML ??

Plus you can combine them with levelling if you start at 40. There is good xp on some of them (ML5/7 expecially). I always try to start at 40 so it isn't a grind.

Darzil
you need to try a ml raid on mid with 20-30 people (the average) 10-15 of which will be the latest fotm, 5-6 buffbots and the usual afks

DR IS needed for rvr, the same way SI was, the same way TOA was if you play solo/fg. The only expansion not to affect the usual grps (i.e not including the new classes as set grps rarely change) is Catacombs.

Tbh mounts should be killable/stealable too, so if you take it into rvr you risk losing it and you have to buy another.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
marvin.jpg
"Oh dear, Im so depressed, think Ill go put my head in a bucket of sh*te. No one would notice would they, after all, Mythic doesnt love me does it, and I am crap at counterstrike. Besides, my life is so dull, complaining about something I know nothing about, is the closest I have to getting a girlfriend..."

Jeez, some of you need to get a clue about what you want to whinge about before coming here, just like when TOA and Cata were looming, theres always some cheeser who wants to cry before he knows anything about it.:touch:

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Chronictank said:
Tbh mounts should be killable/stealable too, so if you take it into rvr you risk losing it and you have to buy another.
Dude, great idea, Arumos would be able to open a ranch in housing, hed have hundreds of horses and evetually get his own zone and ranch hands, who whistle "while the buffalo roam" and eat beans at camp fires...

In other words, not a good idea...

Amel

Fledgling Freddie
Posting cos im playing this game for the meantime and i saw theyre making a expansion that sounded like ToA... Anyway i aint played RvR since ToA... stuck with thidranki which is fun although its being threatened by the news of prydwen and excalibur being merged... it seems thidranki will be an alb zerg since its full of albs on both servers :/ most of the time anyway... I guess ive changed my view on DR but still there are hundreds of thigns they really need to fix b4 another expansion such as NPC guards and pets being able to see through stealth and shoot a target thats out of range ;p (also they run as fast as sprint and water dont effect them :/ ) anyway thats just one of the great many things they need to look into. If they dont find a way for new players/non grinders to get to end game easier or fix anything this game will sure as hell be dead... especially when DF online comes out :p (btw ive never really heard peopel complaining about lack of content, ive heard more complaints about bugs tbh)

As for people who keep 'whinging' about 'whinging'... god guys... get a life, some people prefer to talk about negative things rather than fluffy clouds and teddy bears. Are you too sensitive to real life?

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Ogen said:
Problem is getting lvl1-50 is kinda boring solo? No groups around for the new guys.. Maybe we should make some AI NPC xp´ers? ;p Or we could pay some goa people off to level with them..

Or we as players group with them ?

After all, best xp in the game is 8 people in an Instance Dungeon, so we can't claim Mythic is nerfing grouping !

Darzil

Chronictank

FH is my second home
old.Whoodoo said:
Dude, great idea, Arumos would be able to open a ranch in housing, hed have hundreds of horses and evetually get his own zone and ranch hands, who whistle "while the buffalo roam" and eat beans at camp fires...

In other words, not a good idea...
not if they disapear when u stop rvr'ing i.e leave the zone/log

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Chronictank said:
not if they disapear when u stop rvr'ing i.e leave the zone/log
What exactly you gonna do with all the spare geegees in your backpack, apart from open a kebab shop or glue factory?

Amel said:
As for people who keep 'whinging' about 'whinging'... god guys... get a life, some people prefer to talk about negative things rather than fluffy clouds and teddy bears. Are you too sensitive to real life?
As you hadnt really studdied up on DR, you might as well be whinging about kittens and doylies, besides the fact you know little about the current RvR situation by your own admission. Perhaps you should give things a try before shooting them down, or ask if whatever will affect things rather than flaming with misconceptions. Hiding in Thid doesnt give you an accurate account of the game as a whole, so how can you flame it?

Chronictank

FH is my second home
old.Whoodoo said:
What exactly you gonna do with all the spare geegees in your backpack, apart from open a kebab shop or glue factory?
simple reason people wont be so inclined to bring mounts into rvr if there is a chance they can lose them. Agramon will be tiny when clustering comes due to the number of people, id rather not have 100 adds on mounts who you cant outrun because your on runie speed tbh

It would also add "realism" to the situation

Amel

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
As you hadnt really studdied up on DR, you might as well be whinging about kittens and doylies, besides the fact you know little about the current RvR situation by your own admission. Perhaps you should give things a try before shooting them down, or ask if whatever will affect things rather than flaming with misconceptions. Hiding in Thid doesnt give you an accurate account of the game as a whole, so how can you flame it?
U dont even know me and what ive done so who are u to judge? Ive played every part of the game (except catacombs cos i aint bothered getting it) from way b4 SI when u didnt need a LoS up until recently. I have a lvl 50 arms a 45 reaver and a 44 BD... all my BG chars b4 the rr cap on thid were in RvR... some of u may also remember my royal screw up on alb/excal on one of my BG chars... as u know no one uses a cg anymore which is bad so i decided to make one and after putting alot of effort into it i got most of the people in RvR to join it for a keep defense... i got everyone to follow my commands but because of my inexperience with lvl 50 RvR i got everyone killed when i got them to gather around the base of a tower and a tonne of mid pbaers jumped off and killed everyone... so u can see ive played every part of the game recently and know the situation with every part of it which i cant say the same for u as ure prob one of those who dont like thidranki and prob hasnt even tried lvling a char to 50 solo lately at least not without a BB :p (btw i did look up on DR i just didnt find anything about how you get these extra skills or the elite weapon, still it will be yet another expansion we must buy to be at our best when there are more important things to fix)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Amel said:
U dont even know me and what ive done so who are u to judge? Ive played every part of the game (except catacombs cos i aint bothered getting it) from way b4 SI when u didnt need a LoS up until recently. I have a lvl 50 arms a 45 reaver and a 44 BD... all my BG chars b4 the rr cap on thid were in RvR... some of u may also remember my royal screw up on alb/excal on one of my BG chars... as u know no one uses a cg anymore which is bad so i decided to make one and after putting alot of effort into it i got most of the people in RvR to join it for a keep defense... i got everyone to follow my commands but because of my inexperience with lvl 50 RvR i got everyone killed when i got them to gather around the base of a tower and a tonne of mid pbaers jumped off and killed everyone... so u can see ive played every part of the game recently and know the situation with every part of it which i cant say the same for u as ure prob one of those who dont like thidranki and prob hasnt even tried lvling a char to 50 solo lately at least not without a BB :p (btw i did look up on DR i just didnt find anything about how you get these extra skills or the elite weapon, still it will be yet another expansion we must buy to be at our best when there are more important things to fix)
I only saw what you wrote, you said
Anyway i aint played RvR since ToA
making us think when ToA came out, you gave up RvR, so you would know little about NF and all its glories. If your realm doesnt defend much, thats normal these days, peeps are more interested in that 1 illusive RP more than their realm, thats not a problem with the game, thats people for ya.

As for trying to lead in RvR, without experience thats a foolhardy job to take anyway, game mechanics change each patch and you obviously havnt seen what some toons can do lately, including Whorecocks and Blaimshees. Again, a little homework and practice needed here.

As for leveling, yes, I have leveled a heretic without a BB, I still enjoy it.

I agree things still need fixing, but that wasnt your original whine, and personally I think the champ weapons are just more bling, not essential to play.

Mince

Fledgling Freddie
...soooo with all these "issues" I'm assuming now is not a good time to make a comeback? (new account) :s

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
ilaya said:
am i missing something here? so its basically, play more of expansion to get a shiny hoss. brilliant. is that the best mythic can come up with to keep players?

fix the probs they already have before making new ones imo. horses ffs.. BYE!

didn't you get quit already?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Mince said:
...soooo with all these "issues" I'm assuming now is not a good time to make a comeback? (new account) :s

most issues are in people's heads. There's always issues and always have been issues - one person's favourite tactic is another's overpowered cheese.

Mince

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
most issues are in people's heads. There's always issues and always have been issues - one person's favourite tactic is another's overpowered cheese.

yeah sorry actually meant to post in the "lost items" thread :D Have had the urge to come back for a while now (to euro that is - been playing on Gaheris for a year or so) but saw the issues ppl were having with lost items etc and am not sure whether I should wait for the dust to settle before getting a new account. :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
they're most of the way through fixing the chars that were stripped from the db problems - no reason not to start now (as a new account you definitely won't be affected ;)).

In fact there's no effect from it on anyone other than the people who were stripped (pretty big effect on them, but most of them have got plats/items back with a few still to be sorted out).

Imon

Fledgling Freddie
Amel said:
I thought Mythic may have learnt something from ToA... seems they havent... looks like this expansion is gonna be yet another add on to pointless grinding and yet another add on of even more l337 items...

Why oh why play an rpg game if you dont like what it's about

I can say this forever: go play CS

censi

Can't get enough of FH
woooo there....

just givin my opinion.

I like was saying that all expansions so far been awsome part from cata which I though basically for all the effort is must take to re-render all the animation... I thought it was a bad job and the new classes were poorly tested and overpowered.

and also my personal opinion is im reluctant to make any other characters mainly because I consider it too much work to get a character RVR ready in daoc.

thats the bad thing of DR its more things to do.

yer not easy thing to address just my opinion though be it right or wrong.

and ofc those forcast times are just rough guess. I mean u can do a pl session to lvl 45 in about 6-10 hours. Then do your ML's and all that... but normal peeps are not hardcore and the less time u play the less opportunity u get to do this...

what id really like to see is something along the lines of SI. a patch with new dungeons with drops and quests and bosses that are good and offer new item template possibilities but are not essential. in other words something that is fun and new but completly optional and that u dont have to do to remain competative.

champion weapon fine but just not more abilities perhaps....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom