Another expansion...

Amel

Fledgling Freddie
I thought Mythic may have learnt something from ToA... seems they havent... looks like this expansion is gonna be yet another add on to pointless grinding and yet another add on of even more l337 items... oh well, at least I will be away playing Darkfall Online Beta (www.darkfallonline.com for those of u who aint heard bout it) b4 this comes out in the UK :D

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
I'm currently hoping to get into a guild that actually gets into the beta so I have a chance too. :p

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
Amel said:
I thought Mythic may have learnt something from ToA... seems they havent... looks like this expansion is gonna be yet another add on to pointless grinding and yet another add on of even more l337 items... oh well, at least I will be away playing Darkfall Online Beta (www.darkfallonline.com for those of u who aint heard bout it) b4 this comes out in the UK :D

how far behind do you wanna be ?

and its a good fun expantion anyway :p

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
tbh DR is a good expansion all in all

For a lot of people it can simply be a case of buy the expansion, install it, goto see the king, click two words. Carry on rvring as usual

For those without decent rvr groups you may have to quest instead :p

Talivar

Part of the furniture
lol at ppl that say DR is all grind, its easiest expansion yet by far,u can do all in rvr or u can pve or a mix.The quests can be done in a day or 2 of solid play and take u to cl2.5 or more.There is no new farming cus the only uber new drops(that ive seen so far)are all 1 time drops from very last quest mobs.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
well ok maybe df legion/prince drops will be uber but no idea yet :)

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Naffets said:
For those without decent rvr groups you may have to quest instead :p

Not that you need a decent rvr group to get 150k to ding cl5 ;)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
can't believe people are complaining about DR. OMGZ!!!111 I CAN'T JUST BUY THE EXPANSION AND HAVE ALL THE ABILITIES!! I HAVE TO TALK TO THE KING FIRST!!!

which pretty much sums it up :p can talk to the king and then ignore the expansion completely and you'll still get all the goodies it has to offer.

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
DR looks pretty good - nice gfx update, nice champ drops / levels, and as other peeps have said - not an uber amount of XP to get to high champ levels.

Mounts are a nice welcome to it as well

Ocalinn

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
can't believe people are complaining about DR. OMGZ!!!111 I CAN'T JUST BUY THE EXPANSION AND HAVE ALL THE ABILITIES!! I HAVE TO TALK TO THE KING FIRST!!!

which pretty much sums it up :p can talk to the king and then ignore the expansion completely and you'll still get all the goodies it has to offer.

afaik you still have to do the quests in DF to get the champion weapons, you only get the champion levels when talking to the king and getting the xp needed for it

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Ocalinn said:
afaik you still have to do the quests in DF to get the champion weapons, you only get the champion levels when talking to the king and getting the xp needed for it

This is the hard way ;)

Best way to do it, is talk to the king, get 150k rps, go back, get your weapon and you're cl 5 as well.

Raes

Fledgling Freddie
you still need to do all the lvl30 > lvl40 > lvl50 quests ,ending with killing Circle of Five and Legion to get weapon (end of lvl40 quest) and activate weapon abiltities (killing Circle of Five), but thats a few days questing if your 50.

Amel

Fledgling Freddie
Raes said:
you still need to do all the lvl30 > lvl40 > lvl50 quests ,ending with killing Circle of Five and Legion to get weapon (end of lvl40 quest) and activate weapon abiltities (killing Circle of Five), but thats a few days questing if your 50.

If youre 50 AND you play long hours on DAoC... the way i see it this will be yet another expansion that everyone has to buy to be any good and the 24/7 players will be rewarded greatly for their grinding skills by being more powerful than everyone else b4 everyone else ;p.

SI - better zones to lvl in causing all 40+ levelling to be done outside of the classic lands + adding completely OP classes that everyone wants (which they nerfed once they were happy with the amount of people who bought the expansion)
ToA - SI wasnt so bad but when ToA came out this game went to hell as it introduced lots of grinding and camping... also causing people to have to buy it to be any good as there were even better items
Catacombs - a different version of SI ;p by this time though almost all xp groups had ceased to exist and there were only PL groups where you had to have a specific lvl 50 char to join so they introduced instance dungeons where all remaining non PL folk flooded to go and solo in them causing anyone without catacombs to unbearingly level solo while people in the instance dungeons leveled pretty fast solo. Also decided to use the same tactic they used in SI... make a load of classes so OP everyone will want them and nerf them later ;p
Now the new Expansion is coming and it seems to be similar to ToA with more leet items and skills that youd be gimp without :p requiring more camping and grinding

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
ok lads, since u all know u got to talk to the king first be4 u get all the ability's.

herea re sum handy things 2 say:

- when walking in the massive massive room of big-o-huge-o-meter.

keep your head down.
give king lotsa cash and pown thingies etc.

-when talking to the king(me:D).

allways say, yes, mister knoble king knight .

oki's thats about it; im availbe at:

tuesday's, wednesdays thursdays, sumtimes saturdays, and sumtimes sunday.

though u can also buy my very overpriced stuff at my house #, wich i allways seem to forget ><.

greetings; your biggest, king.................of Fh whiners:>

polza

Loyal Freddie
Amel said:
If youre 50 AND you play long hours on DAoC... the way i see it this will be yet another expansion that everyone has to buy to be any good and the 24/7 players will be rewarded greatly for their grinding skills by being more powerful than everyone else b4 everyone else ;p.

SI - better zones to lvl in causing all 40+ levelling to be done outside of the classic lands + adding completely OP classes that everyone wants (which they nerfed once they were happy with the amount of people who bought the expansion)
ToA - SI wasnt so bad but when ToA came out this game went to hell as it introduced lots of grinding and camping... also causing people to have to buy it to be any good as there were even better items
Catacombs - a different version of SI ;p by this time though almost all xp groups had ceased to exist and there were only PL groups where you had to have a specific lvl 50 char to join so they introduced instance dungeons where all remaining non PL folk flooded to go and solo in them causing anyone without catacombs to unbearingly level solo while people in the instance dungeons leveled pretty fast solo. Also decided to use the same tactic they used in SI... make a load of classes so OP everyone will want them and nerf them later ;p
Now the new Expansion is coming and it seems to be similar to ToA with more leet items and skills that youd be gimp without :p requiring more camping and grinding

the only stats for new DR items r champ weaps and usin the mage champ weap and tryin to make a temp in about 5 mins it gives like abit better reists and con at expense of 1% spell dmg and 1% cast spd, how is that overpowered or 100% neccesary?

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
new expansion = more cash for mythic as peeps try to keep up on a dying game.

more abilities = more imbalance and mythic wont give a shit as to fixing em coz of reason above.

whatever happened to cluster btw? or was that just a dream i had?

Tilda

Raes said:
No you don't, once you hit CL5 through RvR, you can pick a fully ativated weapon iirc.

Elahim

Fledgling Freddie
u get ur champ weapon when u finish chapter 2 (out of 5), wich takes a day and its piss easy (if u dont stumble upon a unique bug like I did).
and none of the steps in chapter 1 or 2 takes place inside DF, not sure about chapter 3, 4 and 5 but I seriously doubt they will be in DF, coz that would suck.

DR is probably the easiest expansion so far.

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
Elahim said:
u get ur champ weapon when u finish chapter 2 (out of 5), wich takes a day and its piss easy (if u dont stumble upon a unique bug like I did).
and none of the steps in chapter 1 or 2 takes place inside DF, not sure about chapter 3, 4 and 5 but I seriously doubt they will be in DF, coz that would suck.

DR is probably the easiest expansion so far.

thats if you quest it, as the champion weapon is part of the quest but if you dont want to do the quests.. and and the first quest when I did it took me 5hours... then again it was in early beta and it was buged to hell.. and not knowing where to go etc..

150k in RvR is pritty easy to get.. and as soon as its done you get your Epic horses for about 15plat, and nice armor for it etc..

or you can XP which is about 3 or 4 bubs @ level 50 if I remember someone saying in the test guild :)

over all DR is easy, there is somthing there for Roll players taht lover quests, People that lover to Powerlevel will get CL5 easy, and for thoes that just want to RvR and not think about it.. there is somthing for you at the end of it as well. :clap:

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
15 plat for a damn horse? My house offers more storage area and costs less! :E

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Why make this post if you are planning on playing another game?

Always it's like 'olol I don't care I'm gonna play another game'.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Ocalinn said:

nope get CL5 talk to king - bing one champion weapon fully active.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Deepflame said:
15 plat for a damn horse? My house offers more storage area and costs less! :E

1p for a horse

15p for a horse that has glowy eyes and stuff.

Functionally they're identical.

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
1p for a horse

15p for a horse that has glowy eyes and stuff.

Functionally they're identical.

am i missing something here? so its basically, play more of expansion to get a shiny hoss. brilliant. is that the best mythic can come up with to keep players?

fix the probs they already have before making new ones imo. horses ffs.. BYE!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
looking forward to DR, cant wait to get a horse :)

Dawn

Fledgling Freddie
they didnt make the expansion to keep the players playing, they did it to get a few more cash out of a dying game

censi

Can't get enough of FH
i got to say.

when DF came out DF was filled with hibs raiding an farming and enjoying the area.

when SI came out like peeps flooded it and farmed galla and did the quests and all that

when TOA came out it was packed peeps camped artis did ml's hunted mods and scrolls etc..

when catacombs came out every new zone was empty and still is. catacombs for me was a bad patch. The new grapphix or engine is unresponsive and I still wont use it over the classic one for RVR. the instances I found were no new challenge. the new bosses were boring. the new cataclasses were completly unbalancing to the game (like one class that could insta kill a target, and another visual class with stealth lore that rips stealthers a new one and u dont even need a BB for it)

I like the idea of DR more. some new quests that will be fun to do on the old ranger etc.. some new accross the board abilities and accross the board weapons...

It does shock me now though. if you roll a new toon what u got to do to get that toon ready to participate in the end game...

for a normal person who plays say 4-8 hours a week. It would take like 4 days played to ding 50. 4 days played to ding ml10. 2 days to get artifacts and kit. 1 day to farm all scrolls. 1 day to finish levelling them. This is just a rough guess for a casual player who is dedicated to getting a toon to rvr with.

so thats like 12 days played to get ready. so 8 hours a week thats 36 weeks just to get his character ready for the end game.

its just too hardcore to get a character ready to play the game.

Dr will add a couple more days played (6 more weeks for casual) just before he has completed the grind...

roughly etc.. I mean u can tackle the grind more intelligently if u been playing a while but for casual perhaps new players, no way they ever gonna make it. And mythic cannot really undo this now. game has evolved so much its a mess.

still awsome though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom