Another build me a pc thread.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
Considering upgrading my 5/6 year old pc, but as I haven't followed components for 5/6 years I don't really know what's worth paying for and what's just daylight robbery.
Budget is £1000 - £1500, mostly to be used for streaming but also will need to do vr to my quest 2.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Considering upgrading my 5/6 year old pc, but as I haven't followed components for 5/6 years I don't really know what's worth paying for and what's just daylight robbery.
Budget is £1000 - £1500, mostly to be used for streaming but also will need to do vr to my quest 2.

Hey buddy! What components do you plan to keep, ie PSU ? Case?

JBP|

Part of the furniture
Hey buddy! What components do you plan to keep, ie PSU ? Case?
I think I'll need to start from scratch as my current case is one of those itx sized things and wouldn't fit one of these new graphics cards.
My initial thoughts were to gift my current pc to someone that didn't have one.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
Any ideas which way I should go regarding hard drives?

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 Internal SSD High Performance Solid State Drive (SB-ROCKET-1TB) - If you're using a PCIE 3.0 motherboard.
Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 M.2 2280 Internal SSD Maximum Performance Solid State Drive (SB-ROCKET-NVMe4-1TB) - If you're using a PCIE 4.0 board.

Outside of that SSDs are cheap and HDDs aren't really used anymore. So, I'd recommend one of the drives above (Depends on Mobo as said) and a few 1-2TB SSDs for storing other stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom