Annihilation

C

cougar-

Originally posted by Danyan
Unbuffed hero hit my mentalist in CLOTH with 16% crush for 350 with annihilation. :p

BTW it's 9 seconds not 10 for the stun.

Con debuff damage bonus is mobs. Con debuff hp reduce is players. You get one or the other, not both.

gimped "hero" then, most casters die from slam + anni.

L

liste

friar wear leather. friar robe looks like cloth, but is still leather.

friar has absorb self-buffs, getting them to 25% ( i think it is. near chain at least ).

Little info :)

S

stafford

your all missing the point

midgard, all you zerkers are sposed to have 30 seconds of pyschotic 1k LA styles
and warriors can hit hard (blue cons anyway eh teador ;))

hibernia is sposed to be the la de da magic realm they should not be able to chain hit me for 400 400 400
when i have 28% crush resist and 31% absorb

also the fact that the champ was in epics is only another insult
9 seconds of stun on a back style -_-

and to the guy who said most high lvl mobs are aggro
hibernia and midgard is a goddam cakewalk

You target the purple con thing
it is neutral

E

Ezeine

Whine more please :)

I hit around 250ish against plate with anni.

O

old.cheesey_pipps

You just need to apply a bit of awareness while your fighting and champs shouldn't be able to get annihalation off on you. The thing is people always chase healers etc round on /stick makes life so easy for the champ. he just sticks on and bam your stuck there like a lemon.

Champ will always own a friar with or without annihalation. They're our natural enemy, if i use my head whilst fighting ie kiting etc instead of just /stick-style-style i usually can give most classes a run for their money. Except champs, can't even outrun the gits with their snare. Now if i see a luri or a celt with a big hammer, i run in the opposite direction. I don't really see this as an issue though, i think i should have chars that i'm scared of, shows my class is pretty balanced. :)

D

Danya

Originally posted by cougar-
gimped "hero" then, most casters die from slam + anni.
Sure when buffed... Please note my post says UNBUFFED. Just in case you're unclear on this, damage is LOWER when UNBUFFED than when BUFFED.

How many times do you go out in RvR unbuffed? Not many I'll bet. :p

C

Cernos

Originally posted by stafford
hibernia is sposed to be the la de da magic realm they should not be able to chain hit me for 400 400 400
when i have 28% crush resist and 31% absorb

Yada yada yada.

Forget all that 'magic realm' bunkum. Albion mages, particularly fire wizzies, nuke just as hard, maybe even harder than Hibernian mages.

Try being chain nuked for 450-500 by a fire wizzie (who hit a lot faster than a LW user can with Annihilation). And this is with 29% heat resist.

Then try being chain nuked for 650-700 by a fire wizzie (after being heat debuffed).

And this was WITHOUT any relic raid bonus.

Many tanks will hit you for even harder than 400, so get used to it. I have good resists and was once hit for 700 by a kobold Warrior using a front positional style of some sort (must have been a crit but even so). Rather than whine about it, I posted to congratulate him.

Please don't force us to break out the special reserve Cheddar :)

R

Rudor

Originally posted by sorusi
1k dmg is normal for me when i vendo, w/o vendo ~700 - 800ish i guess..

hmm on what ? on caster i use to hit around 600-700 with both axe and with a good hit.. hit hero and champ pretty well allso cuz of the + with slash on em.. plate use to be 150-200+ with mainhand and so on ..

And me wanna see the close 2k dmg screen, bcoz if you do 7-800dmg normal you should have some hit on 1500+ in ratmode :)..

Don't take this that i dont belive you, bcoz i know a troll zerker hit hard as hell with the low quick, but if u move around and do 7-800 dmg on all you see .... well i have miss something in that case :)..

G

Glyph_mid

Originally posted by Cernos

Try being chain nuked for 450-500 by a fire wizzie (who hit a lot faster than a LW user can with Annihilation). And this is with 29% heat resist.

Then try being chain nuked for 650-700 by a fire wizzie (after being heat debuffed).

Nice damage with that kind of resist, with my heat resist at 32% i get hit for 330 max from fire wizzes (their cap - the resist).
And you are rarely debuffed as most alb mages just want RP.

Anyways, get heat debuffed, stunned, hit for 780, 750, 780....and if you manage to survive that you always got a nice little snaring pet following you, nuking for 120'ish.

Someone mentioned that this was a lvl 50 style yadayada...wanna swap it for the lvl 50 hammer one?, it chains of a style, which chains after another which can be used after block

F

Falcon

Anyways, get heat debuffed, stunned, hit for 780, 750, 780....and if you manage to survive that you always got a nice little snaring pet following you, nuking for 120'ish.
Wish I knew what class could repeatedly nuke for that and had a pet, sure as hell aint enchanters seeing as they cap out at under 600.

S

stafford

Originally posted by Ezeine
Whine more please :)

I hit around 250ish against plate with anni.

for a start your a luri gimp

Originally posted by Cernos
Forget all that 'magic realm' bunkum. Albion mages, particularly fire wizzies, nuke just as hard, maybe even harder than Hibernian mages.

Try being chain nuked for 450-500 by a fire wizzie (who hit a lot faster than a LW user can with Annihilation). And this is with 29% heat resist.[/B]

i have 56% heat resist doesnt stop chanters nuking me for 400+
(without the debuff)

MIDGARD - Melee realm 5 base fighter classes, in a trade off for gr8 melee dmg there casters are shite in comparison to others

HIBERNIA- 3 base fighter classes, 2 of which get access to LW an overpowered spec line which allows 2 dmg types and a 9 sec stun hibernian tanks are overpowered for what theres sposed to be (apart of course from gimpmasters)
and stil there casters nuke for far too much

ALBION- What amazing styles do we have ? dragonfang ! 9 sec stun after evade not huge dmg like anni, the friars 6 sec stun style has been nerfed as mythic stupidly gave the first hit in the chain a 2 sec stun (not that i ever had wrath) our casters are nerfed constantly and they simply cannot outnuke anything period

G

Gahldir

does any1 else think that this style needs toning down just a touch

hibs always go on about there the magic realm blah blah we cant melee etc etc thats why we get overpowered spells

it seems you get stupidly overpowered styles too

for example in DF recently im harvesting diamonds
and somebody mezzes me i look again and realize theres 3 hibs stood there
some blue con bard
a warden
and a 50 LW user

mezzed annihilation 400 dmg and a 10 second stun 2 more im down to 10% when the stun wears off

this is with 28% crush resist
and necro abs buff stacked with mine totaling 31%
this isnt a flame or a whine (well it is a whine but its constructive to an extent)

Can all champs/heros post here the con of the mobs they can solo with 1200 dmg bfore they get to react ?

(on a small note to those hibs dont waste power strength debuffing friars its dex !)

imo all three realms has his great styles. polearm can do awsome dmg (dunno possition or whatever but think it followup after anytime?). also I have heard it penetrats BT. Dragonfang is also another L50 style that albs have that is great. and Mid have thier zerkers that can 1shot mages even with BT up.

afaik no hibstyle does penetrate BT. L50 spearstyle has been roumored to do so, but doesn't. hasn't for me or anyone I know atleast. so i think all on all annhilation might look like a overpowered style. BUT you have imo as great styles on the other realms so it's kinda balanced. also note that it IS a L50 style so a long stun and good dmg is justified. atleast the infils say something similair about BT ;)

And a good str debuff can work as an unbreakable root/snare, not just lower someones dmgoutput :)

K

kr0n

stafford.gif

Of course, life sucks and so on...

(For those who just didn't bother to read it, note the name on that screen, took it 10 mins ago)

O

old.mattshanes

Never been hit over 500 lately with it so wouldn't say it's that bad never hardly gets me often lately,i be respeccing to pain 3 and dodger 3,evade 360 degrees will give me chances to evade behind hits about 20%,still all adds up for things such as this.But for the people moaning about it we have slam which is just the same really just not as much damage i guess.Oh and armsmen have defenders revenge(?) which is one of the hardest hitting styles there is...

S

SoulFly Amarok

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
Never been hit over 500

I've !..When we were on 1.36, god damn lokii bastard purple con troll :D :D :D

snowdonia times :|

I remember the glorious moment, when we actually won :p

O

old.mattshanes

Bah i misstyped it's fixed now:p besides i am surprised sbs haven't moaned about amethyst slash yet o_O

K

klavrynd

Since myhtic's style lib nor classesofcamelot post the stun duration anymore i'm stuck with this

is there a long duration stun move in midgard (which is not in the shared shield line) ?

S

SilverHood

hmm, think axe has a 6 sec or so one, but its 2nd in a chain, works of block I think

K

klavrynd

6s is medium duration, i'm looking for 8s+ ones

P

pudzy

This is 1 thing in teh game that needs nerf..

imo

stun's
pets
pbaoe
cast time
AE DoT

Pbaoe is great for xping, mayby tone it down in rvr keep damage great in pve for all realms.

D

Danya

i have 56% heat resist doesnt stop chanters nuking me for 400+
(without the debuff)

No they don't. Even a light specced hib caster caps at ~700 with their nuke. With 56% resist they'd have to nuke for cap (minus resists) then crit to get over 400, which doesn't happen. A typical lightspecced caster will hit for around 250 on someone with 56% resist undebuffed. If you're getting hit for over 400, you have been debuffed. :p

D

Danya

Originally posted by klavrynd
Since myhtic's style lib nor classesofcamelot post the stun duration anymore i'm stuck with this

is there a long duration stun move in midgard (which is not in the shared shield line) ?

Mythic do post times. Best listed is; 6s for axe, 7s for hammer/sword/LA, 9s for h2h.

In comparison, Albion has; 4s for staff, 5s for slash, 6s for crush, 7s for DW, 9s for thrust/polearm/2handed.

And hibernia has; none in CD, 4s for blades, 5s for CS/pierce, 9s for LW, 10s for blunt.

So yes, Midgard has a long duration stun in hand-to-hand spec.

D

Danya

Originally posted by kr0n
Except with power relics of course.
A mana chanter isn't going to hit an undebuffed target with 56% resists for 400 power relics or no, a light chanter might just about manage it but even then I'd be surprised. I have a hib caster, with 1 power relic I'd be hitting for ~200 with base nuke on 56% resists. With debuff it'd be around 450-500. I don't think 1 extra relic would sudden cause damage to double. :p

V

vladamyr

A bit earlier today in emain i had a funny experience with a LW hero. I had my back to him and as soon as i saw him kreep up to me i /faced and his Annialation failed then i slammed him :p

but back to the Topic, I actually Feel annialation is a good style. Now im not a hibb lover as ill be the first person to say the whole relam needs a nerf But i have no probs with the LW spec or its styles.

S

SilverHood

doesn't help the rest if us non savages does it?

G

Glyph_mid

Re: Re: Annihilation

Originally posted by

afaik no hibstyle does penetrate BT. L50 spearstyle has been roumored to do so, but doesn't. hasn't for me or anyone I know atleast. so i think all on all annhilation might look like a overpowered style. BUT you have imo as great styles on the other realms so it's kinda balanced. also note that it IS a L50 style so a long stun and good dmg is justified. atleast the infils say something similair about BT ;)

And a good str debuff can work as an unbreakable root/snare, not just lower someones dmgoutput :)

Abit impressed how a guy with 3 lvl 50s believe the BT penetration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom