Animist lt sucks!

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
-Freezingwiz- said:
this is u'r lvl 50 baseline-"nuke":
50 Forest's Core 179 D 65 PP <- turret ^^
Sorry but that's a lvl 29 spell for resist purposes.

Danita

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Puppet said:
At the same time reduce delve of sorc/caba (Albion Mage class) abit so they dont have higher dps-over-time then spec-nukers.
Sorcerers and Cabalists never have a higher dps than Fire Wizards and Darkness Runemasters if items, RAs, resists and relics are equal.
Sorcerers and Cabalists never have a higher dps than any spec nukers when both are assisting a debuffer (capping) if items, RAs and relics are equal.
Sorcerers and Cabalists will have a higher dps with the baseline lifetap than spec nukers with a 209dd ONLY if they are specced highly in Body (within 4 spec points of that spec-nuker) - i.e. are basically already specced to be a spec-nuker.
edit: (and the difference is 1.5-2% --- or half a level of MoM, or your alliance taking a keep, etc)

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Incidentally, the Animist's level 45 lifetap has almost identical dps to level 50 baseline DDs.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
due to another unfixed bug out bombers dont nuke for cap since resist pierce doesnt apply to them
Erm?
What difference does resist pierce make if your nuking something like it had 0% resists anyway.

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
lifetab is 87% dps of the lvl 49 arbo nuke, but you have to take alot of the dmg off the lifetab since it gets resisted so much...

edit:

sorry, thought you meant the animist spec nuke, but the lvl 50 baseline nukes are still alot heavier due to the higher resists of the the lvl 45 nuke.

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Chronictank said:
Erm?
What difference does resist pierce make if your nuking something like it had 0% resists anyway.

So i guess you nuke alot with your animist since you can tell me that :p

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
crispy said:
lifetab is 87% dps of the lvl 49 arbo nuke, but you have to take alot of the dmg off the lifetab since it gets resisted so much...
with the 5% bonus damage it receives for being a 50% lifetap, it's 92% the dps of the bomber (which is, in turn higher dps than most spec-nukes anyway so a poor comparison - just like fire wizards complaining that their baseline DD is out-damaged by their own specline DD).
arbo bomber is level 48, not 49, so you do have 1.5% extra resist-rate with lifetap due to level - wow.

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Pin said:
with the 5% bonus damage it receives for being a 50% lifetap, it's 92% the dps of the bomber (which is, in turn higher dps than most spec-nukes anyway so a poor comparison - just like fire wizards complaining that their baseline DD is out-damaged by their own specline DD).
arbo bomber is level 48, not 49, so you do have 1.5% extra resist-rate with lifetap due to level - wow.

Sooo... how you calc that? :p

but still thats not the point, the point is that every other mage in the game got a lvl 50 baseline nuke, while animists doensnt...

Aybabtu

Fledgling Freddie
crispy said:

but still thats not the point, the point is that every other mage in the game got a lvl 50 baseline nuke, while animists doensnt...

Why should you be like any other mage class? :)

Formash

Fledgling Freddie
crispy said:

See my 'balance post on page 2' - it shouldn't matter that your animist doesn't have lvl 50 baseline nuke. You have other ways and means of hurtyness. Hoever it would be nice and i can see your point of view.

While we're on the subject - Lets look at Wizzys shall we... then you will realise your not the only nerfed mage char in the game.

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Pin said:
The spec bomber dps is not higher than the dps of a 209 spec nuke.
When resist pierce starts working the bomber will have a higher damage per nuke, but dps will still remain lower than a spec nuke.

Danita

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
crispy said:

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showpost.php?p=390026&postcount=71

And as pointed out, you do have a level 50 baseline nuke with your turrets. And no, it is not "counted as a level 29 spell for resist purposes" in RvR.

Tell you what... Can us 'other mages' get Con as a raising stat?

vintervargen

Banned
i could add a bit of fun thing i noticed in pve, the animist bomber-dds counts as individual attackers, so if you get off 10 of them in 10 seconds, you have an additional 10 attackers that adds to-hit bonus :).

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Reno said:
The spec bomber dps is not higher than the dps of a 209 spec nuke.
When resist pierce starts working the bomber will have a higher damage per nuke, but dps will still remain lower than a spec nuke.

Danita
Resist-piercing for bombers is fixed in 1.70.
225/3.0 > 209/2.8.

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Pin said:
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showpost.php?p=390026&postcount=71

And as pointed out, you do have a level 50 baseline nuke with your turrets. And no, it is not "counted as a level 29 spell for resist purposes" in RvR.

Tell you what... Can us 'other mages' get Con as a raising stat?

id gladly trade it for a lvl 50 baseline nuke :p

Pin said:
Resist-piercing for bombers is fixed in 1.70.
225/3.0 > 209/2.8.

and that is calculated to something like 0,47% more dmg from the bomb

Formash said:
See my 'balance post on page 2' - it shouldn't matter that your animist doesn't have lvl 50 baseline nuke. You have other ways and means of hurtyness. Hoever it would be nice and i can see your point of view.

So because i got some others spells than another mage i should have a lower lvl nuke than lets say a spiritmaster?

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Pin said:
225/3.0 > 209/2.8.
Except there's this little thing called detonation delay.
Actual dps is somewhat lower than just list damage and cast spd suggest.

Danita

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Reno said:
Except there's this little thing called detonation delay.
Actual dps is somewhat lower than just list damage and cast spd suggest.

Danita
And you consider effectively killing someone before you've broken mezz a bad thing?

vintervargen

Banned
Pin said:
And you consider effectively killing someone before you've broken mezz a bad thing?

3 bombers from range followed by lifetaps is uber (if they dont get resisted;)), but the negative effect is that you can outsprint bombers ;)

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
I'm not talking about the travel time it takes for bomber to reach it's target, ie the bomb-bomb-Lt-Lt, which comes across as too much damage in 2 seconds.
But about the .1-1 seconds a bomber likes to spend next to the target, deciding whether it wants to explode today or not. This extra delay makes the sustained dps of Bombers drop down quite a bit.

Danita

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
crispy said:
So because i got some others spells than another mage i should have a lower lvl nuke than lets say a spiritmaster?
SM lifetap is specline, not baseline.

Or are you talking about the 179 delve NON LIFETAP baseline nuke with 2,6 cast speed we get? ( 68,846 eff. ) Compared to your 164 * 1.05 = 172,2 delve LIFETAP baseline nuke with 2,5 cast speed you get? ( 68,88 eff. )

Go crawl back to whatever mold infected root you sprouted from.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
anyho, so necroes should get a 45 base lifetap too? coz they are not true mages like animists? any whisperess, you're abit hostile no? none flamed you

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Huntingtons said:
anyho, so necroes should get a 45 base lifetap too? coz they are not true mages like animists? any whisperess, you're abit hostile no? none flamed you
Just tired of people comparing apples and oranges in futile attempts at altering class balances for the wrong reasons, that's all.

Ceryseth

Fledgling Freddie
Pin said:
Sorcerers and Cabalists will have a higher dps with the baseline lifetap than spec nukers with a 209dd ONLY if they are specced highly in Body (within 4 spec points of that spec-nuker) - i.e. are basically already specced to be a spec-nuker.
edit: (and the difference is 1.5-2% --- or half a level of MoM, or your alliance taking a keep, etc)

Hmm me thinks only sorc gets the 209 spec delve nuke cabas get a 174 delve spec nuke with a 179 base spec nuke, hmmmmm.

But i was told lifetap gets 7% bonus on base and 9% on spec but imo still dosent make up for 1034 spec points to get 189 over 183 effectivness(dont trust my maths) and 20% more life leeched per nuke, o well i also get a suicide button(lifetransfer) with my body spec.
But hey give me back my old nuke if i can spec body and get 15 cabby pets running around for 2 min, and killing when im R.I.P :flame:

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Ceryseth said:
Hmm me thinks only sorc gets the 209 spec delve nuke cabas get a 174 delve spec nuke with a 179 base spec nuke, hmmmmm.
And that is relevant how? I never mentioned either's spec nukes.
Ceryseth said:
But i was told lifetap gets 7% bonus on base and 9% on spec
6% on 60% lifetap, 9% on 90%.
Ceryseth said:
but imo still dosent make up for 1034 spec points to get 189 over 183 effectivness(dont trust my maths) and 20% more life leeched per nuke
190 on base, 189 on spec. your spec lifetap is pretty worthless unless moccing while taking loads of damage.
you spend all the specpoints to go from a crappy-damage baseline nuke with huge variance, to a high-damage baseline nuke with no variance, not for the spec tap.

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Whisperess said:
SM lifetap is specline, not baseline.

Or are you talking about the 179 delve NON LIFETAP baseline nuke with 2,6 cast speed we get? ( 68,846 eff. ) Compared to your 164 * 1.05 = 172,2 delve LIFETAP baseline nuke with 2,5 cast speed you get? ( 68,88 eff. )

Go crawl back to whatever mold infected root you sprouted from.

fgs m8, im not talking about delv or cast speed, im talking about every other mage in the game get a lvl 50 baseline nuke.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
crispy said:
fgs m8, im not talking about delv or cast speed, im talking about every other mage in the game get a lvl 50 baseline nuke.
Makes you feel special, doesn't it?

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
crispy said:

Then roll some other caster then, how fun would it be if all caster was the same.
Ever stoped to think that maybe you got some other stuff thats good except crying a river for a fecking lvl 50 baseline nuke?

My sorc wants NS, PBT, AoE DoT, and stun and..... :m00:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom