And the question of wtf is wrong with my compute continues..

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Ever since i ugraded to windows 10 i've had BSODs on a fairly regular basis with absolutely nothing telling me why. Then a few days ago i had one and then this screen popped up after the automatic reboot.

This seems to say something is wrong with my sound card? But if so then why haven't it shown earlier?20151030_113616.jpg

And it sems to sort itself when i turn the pc of and then turn it on again... So what the actual fuck?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Is it a separate soundcard or onboard? If separate then just take it out and use the onboard sound and see if the issue persists.

I had flaky sound drivers when I first installed Win10...because I also had flaky network drivers that didn't work at all I just installed the drivers on the disk that came with the motherboard, once connected to the internet I reinstalled them with the latest set and not had a problem since.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
It's a separate so i'll try to take it out later and see if that does anything.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Looked up this error on the screen "PXE-E76: Bad or missing multicast discovery address" and found a thread about it..

Apparently that can happen if the first boot tries to boot from a network location in the bios? IE not from CD or HDD first?

Here's a link to the thread..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f15/solved-pxe-e76-error-on-startup-635237.html

Probably not the same problem, but could be that the solution works anyway so gonna have a dig in the bios first before ripping things out of the PC..

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Ok so why did i post this in the guides section? Someone please move to techie..

Anyway i had a look in the bios and there is something odd there.

First screen is the boot sequence and number 4 has a network something that looks like my soundcard.

Second is the full name of it. So why is my "presumed" soundcard included in the boot sequence?

20151030_180122.jpg 20151030_180141.jpg

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
it's not your soundcard, it's a network interface. it's trying to PXE boot, which is tech for "ask on the network what I need to do to boot up". the teed says "turn it off unless you use it".

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
As for your BSOD's - make sure your BIOS is up to date. Mebbe something to do with that - if it's trying to PXE boot then it's missing your hard drive on first boot for some reason...

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Ok so why did i post this in the guides section? Someone please move to techie..

Anyway i had a look in the bios and there is something odd there.

First screen is the boot sequence and number 4 has a network something that looks like my soundcard.

Second is the full name of it. So why is my "presumed" soundcard included in the boot sequence?

View attachment 28225 View attachment 28226

also, try putting your HDD in the first boot slot chum. see what happens. you may need to do a repair.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I updated bios after the first few BSODs. Or at least i can't find any newer drivers. But that seems to have done nothing to help.

@TdC By "turning off" you mean remove it from the boot sequence? And i have no idea if i use it or not. I don't *think* i do, meaning i haven't set it up to be like that...

What would one normally need that PXE boot for?

also, try putting your HDD in the first boot slot chum. see what happens. you may need to do a repair.
Will do.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
It is a bit odd though, looking at that boot order, it should only be hitting the PXE boot if it's not detecting a HDD.

First place I would look is if the HDD cable/power is a bit loose so the bios is not always detecting it correctly.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Turn off network boot.

Update all your bios ( mobo, gpu, ) and firmware ( ssd ), drivers, etc. and go from there.
There's usually a bunch of chipset updates for your mobo available as well. Check the manufacturers support page for your board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom