An open letter to The Dragon Senate

Status
Not open for further replies.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Thread has served it's purpose, will delete my posts. Feel free to contact me Kyra if you want to debate what I have said.

Kyra

Longtime Songbird
Wow Chodax, I am speechless.

I really wish you would have taken this to our forum instead of making it public for all the world to read, but since you feel you must air our dirty laundry, fine.

Firstly, I don't have a problem with TLW's leaders. Hro and Boney are nice men and have gone out of their way to help me and many other people out. I have a problem with the members who act as though they are better than everyone else because they are in TLW. I have a problem with ANY guild who actively goes and recruits all the theurgists/stealthers/whatever from every guild, sometimes offering rare loot items to get that person to join. I have a problem with any guild that tells the rest of Albion that they own the rights to a certain boss/dungeon/whatever and that they alone have rights to raid the same place day in and day out. Often times this is not the doing of the guild leaders, but of the members. But still it makes the rest of the guild look bad. In other words, I (and I am sure I am not alone in feeling this way) get upset when any guild that puts their personal wants ahead of the rest of the realm, and refuses to work with the other guilds. That said, I do not have a problem with TLW. Any problems I have had, have resolved themselves. Had Bari or Skelthor contacted Boney or Hro, I am sure they could have resolved this. Perhaps by us moving our raid time or something, we are not unreasonable people. But because you dislike me so much, you are going out of your way to ruin a perfectly good hunt for my guild. Now tell me if this is fair?

Now for our personal conflict. I never called you a guild hopper. Never. Perhaps its your own feelings that make you feel I did. But get the logs, I never said that. I DID comment that you joined TLW because of the Sidi raids which you vehemently denied and got very upset about. Now perhaps you don't like the big public raids, but you did make a post on Barry's not so long after joining them that you enjoyed their daily guild only raids. That is what I was refering to. I wanted to tell you that, but you left too quickly.

As for Musashi, yes we did have words at the time he left. I was very hurt as all were the guild, especially since we had tried so hard to give you guys what you said you wanted in the guild. But he and I have chatted in game and are friends again.

I am not a mean spirited woman, I do not wish anyone ill. Yes my feelings are hurt when people leave TDS to go to another guild because in my eyes it feels like I have failed them. Had TDS given what they needed, they would stay. But after 2+years in this game, I realize you can't be everything to everyone. Nor can you please everyone. I have bent over backwards trying to please people, including you Chodax because we are friends and it is taking its toll on me.

As for the dragon raid, I have been sick with the flu and I don't know much about what has happened today. What I do know is this, that Skelthor has a raid planned for Sunday and he was told by you pretty much that TLW was raiding the dragon all week and that they had no intentions of taking a day off to let someone else have a turn at it. I doubt that this is true, as Boney is a very reasonable man. Hell, he even came and helped us out on the dragon raid I lead and stayed for the second go. But this is what has been said in our forums, that you said basically 'since kyra and i don't get along and she hates tlw, we won't compromise.' Quite a few people in the guild have been looking forward to this raid and are very upset that you have said this.

So I am sorry to see that your anger towards me specifically is now punishing the whole guild of TDS, a guild you say you still like. If you want to dislike me because I am vocal with my feelings, fine. But don't punish the rest of my guild.

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
<words of wisdom>
Being in a guild is like being in a relationship - it takes work, commitment, common ideals and all the rest. The best relationships are those that stay intact through thick and thin, but that doesn't always happen. People can be mismatched, fickle, easily distracted or get bored. These things happen, and no amount of crying/whining will make it how it used to be, and it is likely that few people will understand your reasons for moving on, or why you're so cut up about it. At the end of the day, you just have to do your own thing and keep on going in whichever way suits you best.

I know both of you a little, and know that you are well respected people and players. Its time to leave this and move on - it does nothing but aggravate old wounds and leave a bitter taste in the mouth.

</words of wisdom>

Yussef

Fledgling Freddie
"Firstly, I don't have a problem with TLW's leaders. Hro and Boney are nice men and have gone out of their way to help me and many other people out. I have a problem with the members who act as though they are better than everyone else because they are in TLW. I have a problem with ANY guild who actively goes and recruits all the theurgists/stealthers/whatever from every guild, sometimes offering rare loot items to get that person to join."

I'm sorry, but that's the worst BULLSHIT I've ever heard in my life, we have never actively recruited anyone from a guild, they applied themselves. I think we had like 30 applications in two days or something silly once recruitment re opened. Also since when have we given items to someone who has just joined? Base your arguments on facts at least. Just because we can obtain items easier than other people, does not make us bad people. Perhaps it's a failing in YOUR guild that you cannot obtain them and have to come out with this drivel?

Anyway, clashes can be sorted out, maybe message a GM next time, this thread shouldn't have been posted anyway.

igli

Fledgling Freddie
How many from Myrddins Talon still left in TDS :) :confused:

Ziva

Fluffy
It makes me sad to read this thread since i both consider you well respected players. I really don't think this belongs on a public forum and part of me wants to close this thread cause i think you both should and can sort out your differences in private.

However, i don't want to be the one to shut you all up so i leave it open for now since i also hope an adult discussion might lead to some better relations between TDS and TLW.

If the thread however get's nasty and flames will follow i will close it anyway cause i don't think that will lead to anything good and i hope you both understand that.

Please sort it out guys, it's a game meant for enjoyment and relaxing... it's not meant to create hostile feelings :(

Casbardh

Loyal Freddie
Ziva said:
However, i don't want to be the one to shut you all up so i leave it open for now since i also hope an adult discussion might lead to some better relations between TDS and TLW.

This post is NOT about the realationship between TDS and TLW.

Its about one persons undertsanding of another, which has been brought up in a very public place.

Therefore, as posted previously by other folk and yourself, this is a matter for the TWO of them to get on with sorting out.

Not TDS and TLW.

The realm does not need division, it needs unison.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Casbardh said:
This post is NOT about the realationship between TDS and TLW.

Its about one persons undertsanding of another, which has been brought up in a very public place.

Therefore, as posted previously by other folk and yourself, this is a matter for the TWO of them to get on with sorting out.

Not TDS and TLW.

The realm does not need division, it needs unison.

As always a voice of sense, I only posted here to clear my name. I have nothing bad to say about TDS, this is just me and Kyra. I wish TDS all the very best, as I have always done.

Pudzy

Can't get enough of FH
Only thing I've read in this whole thread is Kyra's first sentance, after seein gthe chat on irc I had to come take a look.. and for someone who without knowing, but through grouping with once or twice ingame, and being a very nice person on the forums I'm disapoited with some of what you just said, I know for a fact nobody was BRIBED into joining, nobody I know in the guild does think themselves above anyone else, altho, I can't promise that, I myself however I can, I don't show disrespect to people unless I know them well enough to, that can take 5 seconds or 2 years. Anyways, in my view, TLW, have helped alot of the realm in organising events, mainly sidi, and Cayote for dragon raids, which I'm sure the people who atended are pleased with.

Coming from this guild, knowing the people in charge, having spoken to them alot ingame, irc and voice coms there's noway what you said was deserved, for someone I had alot of respect for, and thought was a very sweet person when I arrived in Albion, I'm disapointed in you tbh :(.

Kyra

Longtime Songbird
Oh dear... Noo Yussef, I wasn't talking about TLW when I was talking about getting people to join a guild using items. I was talking about a different guild. Its my fault for lumping you guys in with the other guilds and I apologize for the confusion.

I also did not mean to imply that TLW leaders have tried to recruit TDS members. Please forgive me if that is how it sounded.

As for the whole loot thing, listen. I have based my past assumptions on what I have heard from my guildmates. I have heard a lot of stories from many people in guild and in game about the handing out of items, etc. However, any time we have had a problem with this, we have contacted the person in charge. Am I jealous? yeah I am a little, because I know I am not able to run a hunt as large scale as your guild can. (my last 3 failures at a dragon raid prove this). I am big enough to admit this. Do I go around saying "oh that darn TLW" all day long? NO. I am sorry that Chod has dragged you guys into this. I am a very passionate and emotional person. When I feel that someone is being wronged I lose my temper and say things I don't mean. This is a case of a friend taking things that I hoped were in confidence and sharing them with the world. I only want us to get along and work together, not against each other.

I can honestly say I hold TLW in the highest respect and I am sorry that this was brought to the forum. I would love to log in right now and discuss this in game but I can't. My computer is in the process of being upgraded and so I can't log into game.

Don't turn this into TDS v's TLW, you want to take shots at me fine but fucking leave my guild alone.
I did not do this, you did Chodax. You brought this to this forum deliberately to berate and attack me. You could have contacted Boss or another officer/gm in game but you didn't.

My sincerest apologies to Hro. This isn't about you or your guild, its about Chodax and me.

I won't be replying again, my feelings are much to hurt by someone I thought was my friend.

Casbardh

Loyal Freddie
cHodAX said:
As always a voice of sense, I only posted here to clear my name. I have nothing bad to say about TDS, this is just me and Kyra. I wish TDS all the very best, as I have always done.

Which is EXACTLY why this thread should end now Cho, the principal individuals should talk it out inm PMS if need be.

Attaching weight one way or the other, by adding a post here does nothing but make a mountain out of the issue.

Its for Cho and Kyra to sort out.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Kyra said:
Oh dear... Noo Yussef, I wasn't talking about TLW when I was talking about getting people to join a guild using items. I was talking about a different guild. Its my fault for lumping you guys in with the other guilds and I apologize for the confusion.

I also did not mean to imply that TLW leaders have tried to recruit TDS members. Please forgive me if that is how it sounded.

As for the whole loot thing, listen. I have based my past assumptions on what I have heard from my guildmates. I have heard a lot of stories from many people in guild and in game about the handing out of items, etc. However, any time we have had a problem with this, we have contacted the person in charge. Am I jealous? yeah I am a little, because I know I am not able to run a hunt as large scale as your guild can. (my last 3 failures at a dragon raid prove this). I am big enough to admit this. Do I go around saying "oh that darn TLW" all day long? NO. I am sorry that Chod has dragged you guys into this. I am a very passionate and emotional person. When I feel that someone is being wronged I lose my temper and say things I don't mean. This is a case of a friend taking things that I hoped were in confidence and sharing them with the world. I only want us to get along and work together, not against each other.

I can honestly say I hold TLW in the highest respect and I am sorry that this was brought to the forum. I would love to log in right now and discuss this in game but I can't. My computer is in the process of being upgraded and so I can't log into game.

I did not do this, you did Chodax. You brought this to this forum deliberately to berate and attack me. You could have contacted Boss or another officer/gm in game but you didn't.

My sincerest apologies to Hro. This isn't about you or your guild, its about Chodax and me.

I won't be replying again, my feelings are much to hurt by someone I thought was my friend.

Kyra, oh dear. Don't deny what your said, there were witnesses. Fotm guild and loot whores. I shall say no more.

Choppy

Fledgling Freddie
Yussef said:
"Firstly, I don't have a problem with TLW's leaders. Hro and Boney are nice men and have gone out of their way to help me and many other people out. I have a problem with the members who act as though they are better than everyone else because they are in TLW. I have a problem with ANY guild who actively goes and recruits all the theurgists/stealthers/whatever from every guild, sometimes offering rare loot items to get that person to join."

I'm sorry, but that's the worst BULLSHIT I've ever heard in my life, we have never actively recruited anyone from a guild, they applied themselves. I think we had like 30 applications in two days or something silly once recruitment re opened. Also since when have we given items to someone who has just joined? Base your arguments on facts at least. Just because we can obtain items easier than other people, does not make us bad people. Perhaps it's a failing in YOUR guild that you cannot obtain them and have to come out with this drivel?

Anyway, clashes can be sorted out, maybe message a GM next time, this thread shouldn't have been posted anyway.

and pudzy's as well .....

errmm where did kyrah say TLW had offered bribes or anythign else to people?
its said more often than anything else read the posts and dont take stuff outa context ... looks like more than one person is guilty of that.

In the past i know of people who have been offered items and special favours for one thing or another, but not in recent times

i wish chodax would stop winding kyra up, it dosnt do anyone any good. <is this only the second post started by chod about how kyra mistreated him i really cant remember, feels like more>

I remember why Chodax left TDS, and i still treat people the same no matter i i have known them for one week or one year i will read and find out whats going on first by asking people <it maazes me how ppl think you should jsut take thier side in things with out finding out whats going on>

and now with a nice deletion of 2 posts it looks like Kyrah soff basing people, and TLW even though her first big paragraph says.

"Firstly, I don't have a problem with TLW's leaders" - kyra

i would defiy anyone to say they like guilds, ANY GUILDS, poaching players and making demands of things in game, respect should be given to players and guilds. Hell we changed our wedding anaveray last year so a Dragon hunt wouldnt be spoiled, as we where asked to very politly.

Kyra gets things wrong sometimes dont we all? she looses her temper and says stuff she donst mean from time to time, especially when people wind her up.... i think we all do that to?

am i biased? yes i am. i havent spoken to chod or anyone from TLW

why do i usually not bother with forums like this...because of threads like this.

B0wnz

Fledgling Freddie
Like yussef said about our recruiting, we never went to any player and asked or beg them to join TLW, as soon as i said TLW was recruiting 4 post were on our fourms, i left it for the night , came from home work and was shocked att he 20 or so posts of players wanted to join, i wasnt expect anything like that.
in 3 days TLW went from 4 active members to 40 ish.
kyra u shudnt heal that bad when some 1 leaves the guild, players come and go for what ever reasons, when it happens to me i tend to say my goodbyes and leave it at that . even if they were good friends and guild m8s.
ive lost gideon and artemis to name but a few when i was in sotl , 2 great guys then theres myself leaving sotl 1 of the hardest thing i ever done in this game. but in the end we all move on.
As for these dragon raids, not many know what the other guilds are up to or have planed till the day and have raided or about to raid and monster ( i.e dragon) seeing as we recruited so many so fast yussef set up a plan a week ago for TLW to raid the dragon everyday the time was the same all week , but different on the weekend, abit earlyer. guess we are going to have to work around each other or will we have another case of the llyn barfrog epic monster killings if u remember what happened back then.

also note on the GMs plz
Yussef - head GM
Blean - gimp GM
Booner (boney) - Bitch of the GMs :p
hrodlebert - inactive GM , playing mid pryd warrior in bad omen i think

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Choppy, I left the guild 6 weeks after our little arguement. Amazing how the facts get twisted when you stick up for your best mate.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Ziva said:
It makes me sad to read this thread since i both consider you well respected players. I really don't think this belongs on a public forum and part of me wants to close this thread cause i think you both should and can sort out your differences in private.

If the thread however get's nasty and flames will follow i will close it anyway cause i don't think that will lead to anything good and i hope you both understand that.

Please sort it out guys, it's a game meant for enjoyment and relaxing... it's not meant to create hostile feelings :(

its not!!? what have i been doing? /quits daoc :eek:

nah tbh... i dont see why this was posted on fh, but now when it is... might as well flame it..
:flame: :flame: <--- flames

Yussef

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, if it was not aimed at us, I apologise. This thread may as well be nuked, PM's will suffice in solving the problems.

Pudzy

Can't get enough of FH
Choppy said:
and pudzy's as well .....

errmm where did kyrah say TLW had offered bribes or anythign else to people?

I have a problem with ANY guild who actively goes and recruits all the theurgists/stealthers/whatever from every guild, sometimes offering rare loot items to get that person to join.

... there maybe mate?

Anyways, all seems to be a misunderstanding, I can safely say no items would ever been given out for any sort or bribe ever in TLW, Yussef is too much of a strict bitch to fall for it :p

Imo admin delete the thread.

And my apologise to Kyra if I got it wrong, didn't sound at all like you tbh

Choppy

Fledgling Freddie
/me points to the sixth and seventh words in the above posts quote from kyra

Any guild - for those who don't want to count ;) <eidt> just noticed she actually typed ANY with caps to draw your attention to it :eek:

guess it was a bit missleading as TLW was said in the same paragraph though.

nice post boney btw ;)

and kyra's comments where not aimed at TLW, as said a few times now it is Chodax and Kyra that seem to have a problem.
personally i would wish they didnt argue, especially on forums like this. but some one says something about you you feel you have to respond. think it would be best if they didnt bait each other at all <in game or here>.

on behalf of kyra thank you for your appologies, her normall PC is in bits on the floor hehe

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Choppy said:
/me points to the sixth and seventh words in the above posts quote from kyra

Any guild - for those who don't want to count ;) <eidt> just noticed she actually typed ANY with caps to draw your attention to it :eek:

guess it was a bit missleading as TLW was said in the same paragraph though.

nice post boney btw ;)

and kyra's comments where not aimed at TLW, as said a few times now it is Chodax and Kyra that seem to have a problem.
personally i would wish they didnt argue, especially on forums like this. but some one says something about you you feel you have to respond. think it would be best if they didnt bait each other at all <in game or here>.

on behalf of kyra thank you for your appologies, her normall PC is in bits on the floor hehe

Bullshit Choppy, if you are denying she slagged of TLW in IRC then you are full of shit.

Gwaen

Fledgling Freddie
firstly i would like to say i would like to see the end of all this bitching i dont care who said what but it has to end and as for the dragon hunt maybe next time hunts can be posted on here so both guilds can see. but as far as i see it its between chodax and kyra this shouldnt be on this forums you both should be able to talk it over i've lost a good friend today he left tds becouse of whats going on . Fightersuntzu has be in tds for as long as i can rememer now please talk it over some place else rather on this forums and as for tlw i've always thought they were a fair guild i've got friends there and in tds but i wont take sides in this .

Kahland

One of Freddy's beloved
Play for realmpoints! not items!

rps = respect irl =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom