an interview

Bahumat

FH is my second home
mouse_pointer_wolfram_es_01.jpg

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I heard if you join a network (person you want to spy on has to be part of that network) you can view their profile as if you were a friend. I dont know if this is still true?

afaik that's only true for uni/college networks these days, but did used to be the case with regionals as well.

Marc

FH is my second home
I go in tomorrow for a taster day.

It's selling google, you know the space on google?

So we ring up companies asking them if they want it. Self employed, he said they can sometimes take home over a grand a week.

But im not sure how im gonna do tbh. I'm confident, good phone manner but fuck knows it im any good at selling things over the phone. I used to do it few months ago but face to face sellin

Do you get a basic wage, or is it purely commission based?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It has never been true, unless that person lets you. Seriously, does no one even bother to look at the facebook privacy settings? It is very straightforward and tells you exactly what can and cannot be seen by other people. You can also create groups out of your friends and limit what whole groups of them or specific individuals can and cannot see.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
It has never been true, unless that person lets you. Seriously, does no one even bother to look at the facebook privacy settings? It is very straightforward and tells you exactly what can and cannot be seen by other people. You can also create groups out of your friends and limit what whole groups of them or specific individuals can and cannot see.

Nah that's not the case, cos the default setting was to let other people in your network see your profile. Yeah, you can change it, but default was different. I remember the changes coming in.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yes the default is to let everyone in your network see your profile and wall, but you could always limit it... or simply not join a network.

People who do not know how to use things deserve to be caught out.

edit:// I have actually gone through an investigation at work with one of my colleagues who made the rookies facebook error. Phoning ill, and then saying where she really was on FB. It was hilarious.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Yes the default is to let everyone in your network see your profile and wall, but you could always limit it... or simply not join a network.

People who do not know how to use things deserve to be caught out.

edit:// I have actually gone through an investigation at work with one of my colleagues who made the rookies facebook error. Phoning ill, and then saying where she really was on FB. It was hilarious.

Yeah that australian guy got caught out. He asked them to prove he was not really off work ill and they sent him a facebook screenshot lol. That was probably fake tho

Marc

FH is my second home
all commission man.

You dont sell anything you dont make anything

And you are sure you will be self employed? Not Cards in (PAYE)? If so you will have to contact the revenue and tell them you are self employed. You will also have to fill in a tax return in april and pay the tax on any money you make, so if you do start making money, dont forget to put some away for your tax bill.

As for the actual selling, I deal with a few commission based salesmen who make brewsters. They have always told me, be firm, but be nice. Dont sell aggressively as people will just tell you to get fucked. If you can win them over with your personality, its half the battle. If they like you, you have a better chance of selling.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
100% commission jobs are the worse, but at least you are doing something and will gain experience.

Laddey

FH is my second home
Ok. Can have the job if i want, done a taster day today. The only problem is, that some people are there and they've worked a full MONTH without any sale, which results in no fucking money.

lol.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
pure commision based?

DOES

NOT

COMPUTE.

Stay away imho Ladd :eek:

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Have you talked to the job centre about this? I think it's better to be in work than not, but a job that does not guarantee pay is a joke. If you took this job would you lose your benefits, and if you quit or were dismissed for poor performance, would you be eligible to sign back on?

Laddey

FH is my second home
Have you talked to the job centre about this? I think it's better to be in work than not, but a job that does not guarantee pay is a joke. If you took this job would you lose your benefits, and if you quit or were dismissed for poor performance, would you be eligible to sign back on?
Yeah probably, but the whole process takes like 3-4 weeks.

Just imagine if i worked, signed off the dole and worked for a full month, earned 50 quid.

4 weeks at 50quid wouldnt get anybody far :(

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
see if you can work a 15hr week then you can still claim dole.

Lakih

Resident Freddy
Big grats on the new job Laddey but as Ch3tan said, make sure you have some form of backup plan if it goes tits up (for whatever reson)...
100% commission is gambling...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom