An idea about fixing dyvet problem

Would you like to see this plan implemented?

• Total voters

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Is this the fault of the players, or Mythic and GOA?

Mythic has made a lot of bad design decisions over the past few years. Many players found it hard to adjust to a game which they liked and still want to play, but Mythic introduces an expansion or class which many people dislike. GOA have made many mistakes in the past. Poor support, slow patching, security problems, Prydwen crash, etc.
All so true!

I think even the most optimistic of players are finding it difficult to give any praise for DAoC given the current population problems, especially when nearly 10 threads on the first page of this forum are all related to this.

Also, are the forums a true representation of what goes on ingame? There are many bitter players who linger around here who don't even play the game any more.
FH may not be the true representation of the player base, but it is the best public one for EU, if you look up a review on any kind of product, you look for customer feedback and comments. Sadly this forum is filled with dedicated sado's who slate other players, slate the game and really give little reason why they play at all, as it seems their gaming experience is so poor.

Chicken and the egg, damned if you do - damned if you dont and so many other cliches come to mind.

Conway

Fledgling Freddie
its the current comunity thats killing the game in the end tbh, not Mythic.

What he said.

Once there was a great community spirit, where people got lots of different types of fun out of the game, and worked together where needed. Then it became acceptable to be nasty. If you couldn't do it in game, you did it on the forum. A few people lost all sense of proportion and the amount of pure hatred flying around was incredible. Do it our way, cried the assorted camps, or fuck off! Many people did exactly that.

Looking at this forum, the hatred still seems to be there in a lot of threads. It does not attract new players or encourage old ones to return. I'm glad to see some posts here pointing out it is a bad thing.

If Mythic/GOA has contributed to the problem, I think it was mostly by removing all the PvE challenges so the only challenge left was RvR. You could no longer do PvE as a way of avoiding the RvR focussed arguments.

However great DAOC is, I personally won't come back because I don't need the aggro. However great WAR may be, I personally don't want to go there because it seems that the first thing to happen would be I run into someone still burning the fires of a long term vendetta they carried out in DAOC. I'm not the only one thinking that.

Seriously, for the english community to have a future in DAOC, they need to get back to tolerating each other. Don't attack people for wanting to enjoy the game in a different way, or for being friends with someone who you believe slighted your ego years ago.

Not only does the old aggro kill any future for the english community in DAOC, but it has the possibility of poisoning the english community in WAR at launch.

Its only a game, people want to enjoy it!

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
What he said.

Once there was a great community spirit, where people got lots of different types of fun out of the game, and worked together where needed. Then it became acceptable to be nasty. If you couldn't do it in game, you did it on the forum. A few people lost all sense of proportion and the amount of pure hatred flying around was incredible. Do it our way, cried the assorted camps, or fuck off! Many people did exactly that.

Looking at this forum, the hatred still seems to be there in a lot of threads. It does not attract new players or encourage old ones to return. I'm glad to see some posts here pointing out it is a bad thing.

If Mythic/GOA has contributed to the problem, I think it was mostly by removing all the PvE challenges so the only challenge left was RvR. You could no longer do PvE as a way of avoiding the RvR focussed arguments.

However great DAOC is, I personally won't come back because I don't need the aggro. However great WAR may be, I personally don't want to go there because it seems that the first thing to happen would be I run into someone still burning the fires of a long term vendetta they carried out in DAOC. I'm not the only one thinking that.

Seriously, for the english community to have a future in DAOC, they need to get back to tolerating each other. Don't attack people for wanting to enjoy the game in a different way, or for being friends with someone who you believe slighted your ego years ago.

Not only does the old aggro kill any future for the english community in DAOC, but it has the possibility of poisoning the english community in WAR at launch.

Its only a game, people want to enjoy it!
Well said m8, while a competative nature is good for any game, over the last 5 years its gone from "OMG you killed me, nice fight but you are a little OP" to "You adding zerging pr**k, hope you die IRL, Im gonna smash ya face in you ****", quite a contrast.

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
Well said m8, while a competative nature is good for any game, over the last 5 years its gone from "OMG you killed me, nice fight but you are a little OP" to "You adding zerging pr**k, hope you die IRL, Im gonna smash ya face in you ****", quite a contrast.

....and thats just between u and Censi m8... ;)

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie
I say: "Yes, on Mythic servers too" even dough I dont play on US my self, as I think that what is good for the US, will be good for EU in the long run, as if DAoC continue to generate money for EA/Mythic, they will be more interested to keep "the DAoC experience" keep going and not put it to death to make more room for WAR... Cash is a good way to keep people interested, isnt it? ;)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
OFC we may not have a choice here in EU, like some games did, your IP address is blocked from using US servers..

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
I think it was a very good post =]

If you have a game that you are supose to play for many years why have it so its easy and fast to get to the goal.
Iv said it before, people get boored if its to easy.

Most of you say that the game was better back in "the good ol days"..... well, why was it better back then!?.... cus it wasnt in easy mode.

Again! a very good post Imo!!!
That's exactly how I feel. The main reason why I haven't played much the last 5 months, is because I feel I have accomplished everything there is to accomplish. There might be some titles etc that I haven't achieved, but I feel it is no challenge and anything that is not a challenge isn't worth doing. 6 months ago I used to log in only to sit and stare at the fireplace in the guild house while chatting with friends, because I felt there was nothing to do out there. A few months before that I used to regularly make pugs with the challenge in mind to compete with the top rvr guild groups, and I had a lot of fun doing that. I felt that was my last challenge. Now when I get invited to an rvr group or make one myself I have fun, but when it's the same easymode every day for months and months it gets dull so I can't force myself to do it every day and I see no point in it. Now I only log in when it's been a while and I really want to, but unfortunately I don't expect a challenge anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom