An average fight against a hib stealther

rure

Fledgling Freddie
Useless whine thread, should be enough with the other 35k "strafing is lame" threads. Go play some other random game if you dont like it.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
hib stealthers got like the upper hand when it comes to styles i think...

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
/face barely works anyway and walking backwards only works 50% of the time.
It's much better to just keep facing the person with your mouse but then again if you are fighting a BM (or hib stealthers) they will probably 'lag' in their side stun nomatter if you /face or do anything else.
Ridiculous to see so many Hibs 'lagging' the side stun in from 1000+ range while you are facing them.

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
the whole "WALk bACK MATE AND STOP CRY ITS EASY TO COUNTER" is horse shit- If someone is strafing in that way, You walk back and if he is clever enough he can de-kite and go straight through you, If someone is being like that where they aint in view 90% of time, I hit dt and just unstyle them down.

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Infanity said:
the whole "WALk bACK MATE AND STOP CRY ITS EASY TO COUNTER" is horse shit- If someone is strafing in that way, You walk back and if he is clever enough he can de-kite and go straight through you, If someone is being like that where they aint in view 90% of time, I hit dt and just unstyle them down.
Couldn't have said it better myself :)

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Im also sick of hearing the "its easy to counter" bullcrap.

Im sorry Eregion for looking like im picking on you, but its just in your latest vid I saw you had trouble with a straffer, and then I remebered a recent thread where you said it was easy to counter if you know what your doing, your vid tells a difirent story.

Eregion said:
The way i see it, positional styles are in this game for a reason..
Regarding 1vs1 it adds some 'spice' to the fight, just standing toe-to-toe and rely 100% on gear/spec is boring.
Not like it's impossible to hit a strafer if you know what you're doing.

3mb download
http://rapidshare.de/files/13992844/ItsEasyToCounter.wmv.html

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
theslayeruk said:
Aye rr6 shadowblade with mythic on his friends list. Get a clue retard:(

Looks like you totally misunderstand me, no problem, I have thought you will.

On topic: It's obvious now that hibs will always defend themselves with "it's a side style" and "counter strafe it" but that just shows the quality of them. I'm a poor infil myself but I don't wanna counter it with abusing the poor game engine.

Appollo

Part of the furniture
Walking backwards does work, but you have to be tricksy. As you walk backwards you need to twist into the strafe direction, so instead of going in a straighline you end up snaking or a figure of 8.

Spent a whole fight against Hatsim doing this a he was strafe champion.

Ty..

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
I just see it as "he used poor game mechanics to get me to 50% hp" nowadays

the strafers lose 90% of the time anyways so it only hurts themself.

had one ns trying to strafe me and he landed 1 hit entire fight

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
Appollo said:
Walking backwards does work, but you have to be tricksy. As you walk backwards you need to twist into the strafe direction, so instead of going in a straighline you end up snaking or a figure of 8.

Spent a whole fight against Hatsim doing this a he was strafe champion.

Ty..

I wanna fight not dance contest.

Appollo

Part of the furniture
Look for a different game then, aslong as strafe ingame you gotta do the Fangdango to survive. Strictly Come Dancing 4tw!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
fighting toe to toe is boring

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
fighting toe to toe is boring

Yeah. So I dusted off my scout, got mos5 and will have fun getting stealthers out of stealth in front of groups. It's lame? Yes. Do I abuse something? No. Haffun! :)

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Tafaya Anathas said:
Yeah. So I dusted off my scout, got mos5 and will have fun getting stealthers out of stealth in front of groups. It's lame? Yes. Do I abuse something? No. Haffun! :)

Aslong as u don´t pop me I don´t pop you, deal? ;)

Gustav

One of Freddy's beloved
I tried the walk backwards to counter a straffer and got accused by that same individual on irc as 'abusing the walkbackwards bug'. According to him if I walk backwards it causes him to miss his styles....I didn't have the heart to tell the idiot that if he didnt straffe so bloody much then he would actually hit with styles. Anyway straffing sucks...the only time you should be able to get a side style of rear style off is if you are actually attacking someone who is facing elsewhere not at you.

Ghey straffers.

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
There is much other things to do than hold down the strafe key. Weapon swap for example. In the good old days you could run thro 10-15 weapons in a hard fight.

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
Gustav said:
I tried the walk backwards to counter a straffer and got accused by that same individual on irc as 'abusing the walkbackwards bug'. According to him if I walk backwards it causes him to miss his styles....

Priceless...

ev0_o

Loyal Freddie
zzz walk backwards with mouselook on, so you manually turn to face them when they strafe with your mouse, not rocket science. Just makes them look like an idiot, and they'll probly miss more styles than you

Neo

Loyal Freddie
Aloca said:
There is much other things to do than hold down the strafe key. Weapon swap for example. In the good old days you could run thro 10-15 weapons in a hard fight.
was be4 400 dex/str 10 melee/style dmg/speed and malice and battler etc etc

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
xxManiacxx said:
I never strafe against ppl that doesnt do it against me. I enjoy "face-offs"

From 1.83 patch notes:

NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES

- To alleviate strafing issues we change Dark Age of Camelot to be turn based. Because of this change we offer every hibernian stealther a full class respec.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Neo said:
was be4 400 dex/str 10 melee/style dmg/speed and malice and battler etc etc

Seen Ciliviel fight? He used tons of weapons in one fight and swiched a lot.

Neo

Loyal Freddie
liloe said:
Seen Ciliviel fight? He used tons of weapons in one fight and swiched a lot.
iirc its mostly when running from 1 fight to another tho ;)

Galid

Loyal Freddie
Okies hello lads ;D

Those who fight me on a regular basis, will know that i strafe and i strafe alot. as several ppl has noted, toe to toe fights can get boring, however so can strafe fights since alot of styles will miss, due too bad timing and bad antistrafe tecniques. What makes the difference too me (playing a ranger) is that if i stand toe to toe vs any assasins, they will have a major advantage since they have evade 7 and i myself have evade 3.

The side chain on hib is alot better than side chains on either mid/alb. and therefor ppl will use it (ofc). but ppl saying add some skill too the game by standing face to face pressing two buttons over and over, is nocense. there must be more skill in moving about while pressing buttons. Unless ofc it's someone who just holds in his left or right strafe button and hopes for the best. this is where the difference comes in (imo), when u get the good sth'ers. Be it a hunter, inf, ns or whatever, but when u see them timing there attacks with their swingspd making sure they get their hits in, and the right ones...

Strafing is a big part of the game, like it or not. just like remedy, baseline stun, moc + lt, warlocks etc etc. it's a game, take the good with the bad. make ur own counter plan and work with it.

It's only ever a good fight if u win because of skill, not if ur high rr and can press two buttons after each other.

thats my point of view atleast

Galid

ev0_o said:
zzz walk backwards with mouselook on, so you manually turn to face them when they strafe with your mouse, not rocket science. Just makes them look like an idiot, and they'll probly miss more styles than you

Agreed. Just an idiot would die to a strafer.

Aloca said:

15 weapons, quiet an exageration. Quiet funny actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom