An average fight against a hib stealther

Eregion

Fledgling Freddie
Melachi said:
Im also sick of hearing the "its easy to counter" bullcrap.

Im sorry Eregion for looking like im picking on you, but its just in your latest vid I saw you had trouble with a straffer, and then I remebered a recent thread where you said it was easy to counter if you know what your doing, your vid tells a difirent story.

3mb download
http://rapidshare.de/files/13992844/ItsEasyToCounter.wmv.html
That makes me look abit like a hypocrit indeed. :p
Though it's not exactly the same to hit a strafing support that won't need hit back, than it is to fight another melee'r..
But yes, that healer owned me good, usually don't have those kinda problems with strafers.
And i never said i know what I AM doing!:p

rure

Fledgling Freddie
Melachi said:
Im also sick of hearing the "its easy to counter" bullcrap.
That clip you choosed means fuck all... why didnt you choose the strafing sorc he and slayeruk was on, they had no problem killing him. You choosed one target out of maybe 100 shown in the movie, is that a proper sample size? Sure one could reason that in the fights we die there are lots of unkillable strafing targets. But thats a ridiculous reasoning since its pretty obvious from the movie where the main dps is in our group.

Check AD3 when lethul plays merc and you'll see its easy to counter. Just because you cant do it doesnt mean its hard.

Saveus

Fledgling Freddie
rure said:
That clip you choosed means fuck all... why didnt you choose the strafing sorc he and slayeruk was on, they had no problem killing him. You choosed one target out of maybe 100 shown in the movie, is that a proper sample size? Sure one could reason that in the fights we die there are lots of unkillable strafing targets. But thats a ridiculous reasoning since its pretty obvious from the movie where the main dps is in our group.

Check AD3 when lethul plays merc and you'll see its easy to counter. Just because you cant do it doesnt mean its hard.

Howdy <3

Tosi

Fledgling Freddie
i "really" wonder why no whine to 2h paladins / armsmen, our sidestunchain rocks ;P
EDIT: backstunchain too ;P

duact

Fledgling Freddie
ppl have strafed for years and its now when stealthers started it that the whine started ;/

illu

Part of the furniture
Sod the strafing whine!

This is the real thing that happens when you fight hib stealthers:

Usual scenario: See each other, whack each other, they have remedy up, you purge the poisons on you (and pray they don't re-apply, that they don't get a stun in, that their malice doesn't proc), you fight it out, poisonspike, whatever you do - you WILL lose at least 8 times out of 10 because of that damn remedy :> (If you use Battler, they might use theirs, if you use Malice they might use theirs etc etc)

The Sometimes scenario: See each other, whack each other, they have remedy up, you purge their poisons on you, and then nothing else procs, it's straight up melee-fest, sb usually wins.

The Rare scenario: Remedy is down, you kill them :>

Anyway cba to whine about remedy, it gets changed soon, you can give remedy shades a good fights, but the balance is definitely in their favour.

And yeah strafing is a pain, all the not in view rubbish, you land PA they somehow avoid CD, lots of silly things in the game - you just have to learn and adapt :/ I'm lucky that I am on a pretty fast connection, so most strafers end up doing themselves more harm when they try and strafe on me. Like others have said, I just unstick and walk backwards "dancing" with them, keeping face to face and landing my styles while they try their moves :> And if they land it, hope you have purge up.

Oli - Illu

Shar_Reloaded_Ranger

Fledgling Freddie
Aloca said:
Strafing is lame. Use your skills and not abuse latency and diffrent server lag.

what skill is there to just stand stil 1 vs 1, when the infil is outdamaging your damage, standing stil would mean dead, so ofcourse u strafe arround to get stypes in etc, doh, less whine more counter skills

Blazor Meneth

Fledgling Freddie
Tafaya Anathas said:
Yeah. So I dusted off my scout, got mos5 and will have fun getting stealthers out of stealth in front of groups. It's lame? Yes. Do I abuse something? No. Haffun! :)

Well thats not anything new is it ? thats what scouts play for, zerg-perf others when they're 110% safe etc..

Dagens i-lands problem

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
rure said:

I'm sorry but you seem too have missed my point entirely. I'm in no way attacking Eregion's skills.

What I'm trying to show is, for something thats apparently so easy to counter, prooves a problem for a good player.

What does this mean? Perhaps it's not easy to counter, or maybe it is easy to counter but also dependant on ping, interpolation and all other network stuff.

Simply saying it's so easy to counter, otherwise your shit doesn't carry much weight.

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
Blazor Meneth said:
Well thats not anything new is it ? thats what scouts play for, zerg-perf others when they're 110% safe etc..

Dagens i-lands problem

Yeah, gifv perf for scouts :) I would love it :) PA-CD-crit-crit :)

Neo

Loyal Freddie
Blazor Meneth said:

Dagens i-lands problem
same as most rangers and h0ntars then. And especially "Deiver the flying luri cum **** whore piss fuck ass."

rure

Fledgling Freddie
Melachi said:
I'm sorry but you seem too have missed my point entirely. I'm in no way attacking Eregion's skills.

What I'm trying to show is, for something thats apparently so easy to counter, prooves a problem for a good player.

What does this mean? Perhaps it's not easy to counter, or maybe it is easy to counter but also dependant on ping, interpolation and all other network stuff.

Simply saying it's so easy to counter, otherwise your shit doesn't carry much weight.

No, I know you aint attacking eregions "skills", but you cant choose ONE target out of 100 and say "look, its hard to counter strafing" for obvious reasons. But yes, connection/latency matters very much. Greek people are insanely hard to land positional styles on. But that makes it an even more useless whine because you are practically whining on ISPs in the end.

theslayeruk

Banned
Btw, did you get upset when I pwned your scout today too?:( Think of an excuse for that and let me know.

Z

zzz

Gustav said:
I tried the walk backwards to counter a straffer and got accused by that same individual on irc as 'abusing the walkbackwards bug'. According to him if I walk backwards it causes him to miss his styles....I didn't have the heart to tell the idiot that if he didnt straffe so bloody much then he would actually hit with styles. Anyway straffing sucks...the only time you should be able to get a side style of rear style off is if you are actually attacking someone who is facing elsewhere not at you.

Ghey straffers.

Its funny how u quote me about the walkbackwards bug thingy, and then change the rest i said so it looks totally different. What i said was, it makes u go OUT OF RANGE, even tho im standing right on u. And theres not really much to do about it. Ive met plenty of ppl who walkbackwards to counter strafing and thats fine, its funny how u and pip are the only ones who gets out of range while doing it tho. But as i said on irc, if ure not aware of how or what ure doing, then its fine. And if i didnt strafe so much id actually hit my styles? Ill take that as a compliment i guess, winning vs a rr9 hunter with a rr3 ns using no styles is the shit.

dajnamajt

Fledgling Freddie
Tafaya Anathas said:
newhibstyle.jpg

Yeah it's a whine. But strafers are retards, ruining 1v1 fights. I have 4 fights against distinct hib stealthers tonight, not in view 80% of the fights. It's lame and it seems Mythic can't do anything to fix it so no respect for hib stealthers from now on. You asked for it.

Maybe it's a whinethread, maybe strafers isn't retards, maybe you wanna stand still and simply die?
If you met a strafer, maybe you should strafe yourself, maybe you should walk backwards, maybe you should stop whine, cause mythic has said atleast 100:red times that this is nothing to whine about.

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
rure said:
No, I know you aint attacking eregions "skills", but you cant choose ONE target out of 100 and say "look, its hard to counter strafing" for obvious reasons. But yes, connection/latency matters very much. Greek people are insanely hard to land positional styles on. But that makes it an even more useless whine because you are practically whining on ISPs in the end.

Ok, this one out of 100 is first off, crap, there aren't 100 instances in the film where the target straffes. I'm not trying to give you statistics about straffe/counter ratio. Im just trying to show, for something thats supposed to be so fucking easy to counter, howcome you arent suprised when someone doesnt counter it?

Second, my point is, that you guys arent saying anything about lag, or anything about connection, just basically you suck if you cant counter it.

And now you have admitted that latency/whatever can make it dificult to counter this, right? If so then its hardly fucking easy to counter if you need a networking degree.

P.S. I don't have a scout if thats aimed at me slayer :eek7:

rure

Fledgling Freddie
Melachi said:
Ok, this one out of 100 is first off, crap, there aren't 100 instances in the film where the target straffes. I'm not trying to give you statistics about straffe/counter ratio. Im just trying to show, for something thats supposed to be so fucking easy to counter, howcome you arent suprised when someone doesnt counter it?

Second, my point is, that you guys arent saying anything about lag, or anything about connection, just basically you suck if you cant counter it.

And now you have admitted that latency/whatever can make it dificult to counter this, right? If so then its hardly fucking easy to counter if you need a networking degree.

P.S. I don't have a scout if thats aimed at me slayer :eek7:

Impressive, you managed to figure out that there arent 100 targets in the movie that strafes. I'll leave that up to you to guess why...

But come on, my point is that its a useless whine. Because if you whine on the ISP and the routing to GOA. "It's lame to lag". I still refer to AD3 if you want to see how to counter a lag strafer.

UriZeN

Fledgling Freddie
im playing on a 384 dsl connection and all i have to say is that i dont have a prob at all vs strafers nm what kind of strafe it is! i do strafe my self vs most classes and especially vs sojourners to avoid fz! due to melee lag i can hardly land a bacstab and vs side strafe i can hardly hit aswell if i face! But i learned to live with it and counter it. I suggest u do it urselves those that whine about it or go back to zerg sticking....

Cogan

Fledgling Freddie
Aloca said:
Strafing is lame. Use your skills and not abuse latency and diffrent server lag.
Strafing brings some skills to 1v1's.... otherwise, just lets stand here and see who's got the best template and most stuff up.

Bondoila

Fledgling Freddie
Tafaya Anathas said:
newhibstyle.jpg

Yeah it's a whine. But strafers are retards, ruining 1v1 fights. I have 4 fights against distinct hib stealthers tonight, not in view 80% of the fights. It's lame and it seems Mythic can't do anything to fix it so no respect for hib stealthers from now on. You asked for it.

Lol, you probably walking around with your char in first person and using the keyboard only and f8 to target with. One of does that it takes like 20 secs to turn around with your char.
Don't expect to win any fights if you lack the most basic skills, that is being able to move and control your char.

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
UriZeN said:
! due to melee lag i can hardly land a bacstab and vs side strafe i can hardly hit aswell if i face! But i learned to live with it and counter it. I suggest u do it urselves those that whine about it or go back to zerg sticking....

give better connections in .gr :D

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
Bondoila said:
Lol, you probably walking around with your char in first person and using the keyboard only and f8 to target with. One of does that it takes like 20 secs to turn around with your char.
Don't expect to win any fights if you lack the most basic skills, that is being able to move and control your char.

Plz write more bullsh!t your wisdom enlightens me

Moriane

Fledgling Freddie
Just curios :)

Don´t think any1 brought this up in this thread which seems a bit odd to me.

The think that puzzles me is the hole discussion about connection/lag ect.

As I see it u can´t expect your opponent to change the way he likes to play his char just because u might have a crap connection.

Seems to me after reading this thread that players with a good connections don´t have problems vs strafers while people on a bad connection whine about how it ruins the game.

So my question actually goes to the people on the bad connections.

How can u demand others to adapt their playstyle to your connection/lag?

PS Personally I don´t mind if people strafe or don´t - it´s like all other aspects of the game imo. Each person should do whatever they like the best :)

Spamb0t

Fledgling Freddie
ev0_o said:
zzz walk backwards with mouselook on, so you manually turn to face them when they strafe with your mouse, not rocket science. Just makes them look like an idiot, and they'll probly miss more styles than you
what he said, obviously ur not supposed to walk STRAIGHT backwards to counter strafe... and walking backwards works, unless ur snared then it can be tricky ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom