Amnesia and confusion effectiveness in RvR

Vhan

Fledgling Freddie
Ok playing Sorc a bit now and have a question about amnesia and confusion real effect on RvR...

Can i confuse keep/tower guards or r they immune? tried more then once but resisted me... but also i saw 2 guard fighting each other on a keep (bug or what?)

The Spell library say that amnesia cause the loss of target to enemy players but i tried that on combat and noticed no effect ... other wizzy keep casting me and he didn't need to select me again.
I found some information about amnesia before but i'm a bit confused (confused by amnesia :eek7: ) just curious if some1 has really tested before its effectivness.
Amnesia brake mezz am i correct? (at least do that on duel)

Ty guys

VampiiricMist

Fledgling Freddie
amnesia doesnt interrupt but it gives a chance for enemys to forget the spell / bow-draw they are doing then.. so you can spam it on someone to make them not being able to cast any spells..

afaik anyway :p

DrunkSkunk

Fledgling Freddie
VampiiricMist said:
amnesia doesnt interrupt but it gives a chance for enemys to forget the spell / bow-draw they are doing then.. so you can spam it on someone to make them not being able to cast any spells..

afaik anyway :p

like bard spam it on running targes so he(target) loose speed because he is forgetting why he is moving his feet while the rest of the bards group rape the soloer! (true story :<)

other then that.. amnesia interupts, make you forget you was doing a quickcast and it breaks mezz :D

Ocalinn

Fledgling Freddie
amnesia only interrupts if it gets resisted. it makes you forget spells if not resisted, you can still keep casting but the spell wont work

Vhan

Fledgling Freddie
Oh was my misunderstanding.... tested again few sec ago and now i got it ty so much

Mikor

Fledgling Freddie
been a while since i played my sorc but i used a lower lvl Amnesia so it did'nt use as much power plus with it being lower lvl they are more likely to resist which is good cause it will interupt and they want be able to recast for 3-4 secs and it good to use against a mocing caster as it deletes the spell from the casters spell que

rynnor

Rockhound
You can spam ae mez as an interrupt - even tho they may be immune after being mezzed they will still be interrupted :)

Main good point of amnesia is the range - good for suppressing casters while tanks run in if mez immune.

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
yup 2000 range + 2 sec cast time (if I ain't wrong) + aoe = usefull against casters (mostly in keep fights).

Zrall

Loyal Freddie
confuse can be used on enemy pets, + it insta kills theurg pets

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Thegreatest said:
isn't this fixed yet?

Why should it be fixed it's how it's meant to be... if you can't confuse an enemy pet then there is basicly no reason for the ability anymore.

And theurgpets instadie because they no longer have a target ... perfectly normal afaik

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Shanaia said:
And theurgpets instadie because they no longer have a target ... perfectly normal afaik

Yes lets waste a full mana bar of pets and get them killed with 1 insta bard Amnesia, perfectly normal..
There's a reason they made Theurgist pets unmezzable this is just something they overlooked.

And I never knew that Confuse on enemy pets turns the pets against the owner, played a Sorc way back and I am sure it didn't work back then.
If it does work now I still find it strange that all those ML9 pets just don't get confused or maybe it's just that alot of people are thinking it will not work still.

Grund

Fledgling Freddie
Andrilyn said:
Yes lets waste a full mana bar of pets and get them killed with 1 insta bard Amnesia, perfectly normal..
There's a reason they made Theurgist pets unmezzable this is just something they overlooked.
since when amnesia is killing theurg pets?

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Shanaia said:
Why should it be fixed it's how it's meant to be... if you can't confuse an enemy pet then there is basicly no reason for the ability anymore.

Well theurgist pets have always been handled different than regular pets, because they are temporary...The reason why theurgist pets aren't mezzable and permanent pets are is because you could just disable them with 1 spell (aoe mezz) which would be very bad for a theurgist as the pets are his/her main weapon (in most cases). That's why I see confuse killing theurgist pets as a bug, otherwise it would be very unlogical to let mezz not affect theurgist pets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom